Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about every game between August and late December?
I'm not saying he's had an anywhere near ideal season, but the system under AVB meant he was getting piss-poor if any service. Granted he's missed some sitters but now being 2nd/3rd choice is doing any favours towards finding any sort of form.

Think it's just worth sticking with him next season.

Im miserable, but you are writing off Townsend and Lennon for Lamela based on last season at another club..

well madrid payed 100 million euros for bale based on his performance at spurs in the epl, some thought he couldnt preform at madrid in la liga and ucl but look now

He's been wank. This " we don't create chances" excuse is pure bullshit. The amount of sitters he's missed for us unbelievable.

I still haven't forgiven him for getting Andre sacked either.

I'm not saying he's had an anywhere near ideal season, but the system under AVB meant he was getting piss-poor if any service. Granted he's missed some sitters but now being 2nd/3rd choice is doing any favours towards finding any sort of form.

Think it's just worth sticking with him next season.
Very much how I feel.

Soldado was being utilized very incorrectly by AVB. We needed a targetman type striker, but we instead ended up with a poacher. And then when Sherwood came along with the style of football he introduced, I truly believed we would finally see the Soldado of Valencia. But to Ade's credit, the Togolese has been undroppable (if not Worldclass) in his reintroduction.

I completely agree that Soldado has made me curse a few times, but honestly, imo he has been unfortunate with his sports life at Spurs (and his personal life - miscarriage.)

We don't have much to lose for the rest of the season.
So I really want to see Soldado getting many games as possible.

He had 7 goals and 2 assists in the 17 games he played under AVB (one of which he was subbed on for just 15 mins at West Ham), and that was in a team that did no one any favours.

He finally scored a great goal from open play recently and was rewarded with being dropped, and Kane being subbed on ahead of him. Players like him thrive off confidence and yet people attack him for not being sharp and on form....? If a guy scores, the last thing you do for confidence is drop him.

Yeah but weren't most of those goals penalties? And a hat-trick against Anzhi. Not to take anything away from his first Spurs triple, but Anzhi would be a relegation team in the premier league so..

I totally agree, being dropped after finally scoring may not have been the best move, but what say do we have in that decision? All I can do is call it as I see it. As I see it, Soldado's return hasn't nearly justified his inclusion in our team this year. When you consider the amount of misses he's had from his "spot", he's easily been one of our worst players this season.

Plus, even in hindsight, you can hardly blame Sherwood for not wanting to play with two strikers at Chelsea. And I don't think any one of us, no matter how badly we want Soldado to score, would dare take off a hot Ade just to help him regain his confidence.

Yeah but weren't most of those goals penalties? And a hat-trick against Anzhi. Not to take anything away from his first Spurs triple, but Anzhi would be a relegation team in the premier league so..

I totally agree, being dropped after finally scoring may not have been the best move, but what say do we have in that decision? All I can do is call it as I see it. As I see it, Soldado's return hasn't nearly justified his inclusion in our team this year. When you consider the amount of misses he's had from his "spot", he's easily been one of our worst players this season.

Plus, even in hindsight, you can hardly blame Sherwood for not wanting to play with two strikers at Chelsea. And I don't think any one of us, no matter how badly we want Soldado to score, would dare take off a hot Ade just to help him regain his confidence.

Yep, a lot of penalties, but shows that he's pretty accurate and clinical in a composed situation.

I'm quite glad we've finally got a decent penalty taker!

As has been mentioned, he's probably not doing so bad on shots to goals still.

He's been wank. This " we don't create chances" excuse is pure bullshit. The amount of sitters he's missed for us unbelievable.

Also this. I'd really like to stop seeing this excuse used. I wouldn't be nearly as upset if it was down to him not getting chances-- it's the sitters and open goals he's missing that are pissing me right the fuck off.

Yep, a lot of penalties, but shows that he's pretty accurate and clinical in a composed situation.

I'm quite glad we've finally got a decent penalty taker!

As has been mentioned, he's probably not doing so bad on shots to goals still.

I think somewhere buried within this thread is a stat that says his accuracy is somewhere around 20%. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Meh.. yeah, guess we'll just have to predict when the flow of the game will dictate a foul inside the box for us so we can sub him on just at the right time. His return per appearances will be amazing

:adethumbup:

Also the "utilized wrongly by AVB" needs to go as well.

Missing countless sitters under Tim Sherwood is hardly AVB's doing.

moot point, I think, considering he scored more under AVB than he has for TS (with around the same number of appearances). Even if some of his cameos are only 15-30 minutes, he was still a 26 million pound striker. He should be a game changer at that price. He ain't.

There just seems to be no shortage of excuses, which is fine.. I get it.. we all want him to score. Bottom line is that he isn't, though, and that doesn't look like it's going to change this season.

*in all fairness to Soldado, he didn't set his pricetag.

As some have said, this season is more or less over for us in terms of achieving 4th, so we can at least tinker around with getting players like Soldado who are low on confidence to gel into the squad a little better.

The ghost of adebayor past??

half the top 4 can attest to that one.

Hmmm... he's played 9 season in the PL for arguably 3 of the top 5 clubs (clubs who, at the time of him playing for them, were competing for either the title or CL football qual)...

Won nothing. Not even a charity shield. Only club honour he won was the del rey on loan at José's Madrid.

#IsAdeAJinx?
:adeohshit:

Hmmm... he's played 9 season in the PL for arguably 3 of the top 5 clubs (clubs who, at the time of him playing for them, were competing for either the title or CL football qual)...

Won nothing. Not even a charity shield. Only club honour he won was the del rey on loan at José's Madrid.

#IsAdeAJinx?

For all our sakes, let's hope not :(

#IsAdeAJinx?

It's interesting Mourinho didn't try to buy him for Chelsea when they were crying out for a striker, we were getting rid of him and he's brought him in before. Clearly didn't rate him from what he saw I guess.

If you're getting paid 70 large a week or whatever it is, he should be toe punting it in the net week in week out, or failing that, improving the play in other areas. He's done neither.

Im miserable, but you are writing off Townsend and Lennon for Lamela based on last season at another club..

so?
if messi signed for tottenham tomorrow could i not include him because his never played in the PL or for spurs?
your logic is deluded sammy..
please

keep-calm-and-stay-off-drugs.png

Back
Top Bottom