Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

chelsea58024.jpg
still bullshit

I think Soldado's confidence was shot to pieces under AVB, for all the reasons already known, ie being too isolated, Andros having 86 shots per game etc. Unfortunately for Soldado, from a pure stats perspective, his goals:game ratio was poor, which in turn, hampered his confidence.
By the time he finally started to get chances, a combination of lack of confidence and high pressure, means he started to fuck up the sitters. Then when he does score in open play, he doesn't get the chance to gain any momentum because somebody didn't play him! :sherwoodlol:

I honestly think he's a top draw player but he must play continually, can't you see this Tim! :soldadowatch:

He just needed to score to complete his best game in a while. Bobby was all over the place and set up some quality scoring chances. In this match he made Ade's absence an after thought.

So if Ronaldo signed tomorrow would you bench him for Chadli?

Lamela has never ever been a scratch on Ronaldo, and Ronaldo has been world class in the PL. So no.

I would play Ronaldo ahead of Chadli if he signed tomorrow. But if Ronaldo had had a season for US, that had panned out like Lamela's, then yes, Id drop him for Chadli.

Form > Name

Back on topic....LAMELA has started 8 games in england, and only 3 in the PL. He was decent in one single EL game. Not excellent, just decent. The rest he never impressed at all.

He has been injured on and off all season, and it was reported he needed a lot of time to settle into life off the field. Struggling with the language, and by all accounts a massive mental challenge for the kid.

So......how can he possibly be in our best 11?

Lamela has never ever been a scratch on Ronaldo, and Ronaldo has been world class in the PL. So no.

I would play Ronaldo ahead of Chadli if he signed tomorrow. But if Ronaldo had had a season for US, that had panned out like Lamela's, then yes, Id drop him for Chadli.

Form > Name

Back on topic....LAMELA has started 8 games in england, and only 3 in the PL. He was decent in one single EL game. Not excellent, just decent. The rest he never impressed at all.

He has been injured on and off all season, and it was reported he needed a lot of time to settle into life off the field. Struggling with the language, and by all accounts a massive mental challenge for the kid.

So......how can he possibly be in our best 11?
Ronaldo is just an example - the point you've made is about discrediting all prior performances. Pick any name you like. Lamela had a great season at Roma - he should have been in our first 11 from day one, imv. Completely mismanaged by the gaffers - baffling.

Ronaldo is just an example - the point you've made is about discrediting all prior performances. Pick any name you like. Lamela had a great season at Roma - he should have been in our first 11 from day one, imv. Completely mismanaged by the gaffers - baffling.

Thats another story....maybe he should have played from day one.....but AVB was lauded for his handling of Lamela by his backer's, so its a bit rich to start with that now..

The situation now, is that he should never in a million years start at Anfield, even if fit. I think I remember he was thrown in at The Etihad to the delight of some people....that went well for him.

Have to agree with sammyspurs sammyspurs here. Lamela should really only make appearances off the bench for the rest of the season. Luckily for him Lennon seems to have totally lost it and Townsend blows pretty hot and cold, so he should (if he really is as good as we hope) break into the side next season.

Cannot hit a barn door but fuck does he look classy

Has the potential to light up the league like Suarez if he can find his confidence

His touch and control is <journo>World Class</journo>

Question is, will he be around next season to net 30 goals?

Cannot hit a barn door but fuck does he look classy

Has the potential to light up the league like Suarez if he can find his confidence

His touch and control is <journo>World Class</journo>

Question is, will he be around next season to net 30 goals?
you know what i think he will stay round next season if anything just to prove he CAN do it. Thing is as has been said many times before his confidence is shot to pieces. AVB played the wrong style for a striker like him and when he did finally score under Tim he was dropped

Last game of the season, Adebayor hasn't been playing well, pair Robbie up with Kane and see how they do together. Could give a fuck less about Ade's ego. He and Paulinho should not be allowed to start next week.

Last game of the season, Adebayor hasn't been playing well, pair Robbie up with Kane and see how they do together. Could give a fuck less about Ade's ego. He and Paulinho should not be allowed to start next week.

Ade saved our season and gave us a chance at 4th. Lets write him off because he made one mistake.

Back
Top Bottom