Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Investing 101: Buy Low, Sell High.

I thought Levy was supposed to be clever?

His value can't drop much further. At this point we'd be better served trying to salvage him under Pochettino.
Agree: Porch has this ability to galvanize and motivate his players, lets see what he can do with Soldado. I think he could come good.

I think he could come good.
I don't doubt this at all. The guy obviously has it in his locker, he just needs to dig it out and I'm sure (well, hoping) Poch can do that.

I'd be quite upset if we were to get rid of him after a season, in which only a couple of players really played to their full potential anyway.

If next season is more of the same for Bobby, fine, get rid, but at least give the guy a chance to prove himself with a manager who, hopefully, has the key to unlock his potential (although I guess it's not really potential, as he scored fuck loads in La Liga, but y'know what I mean)

What a selection of cunts. The guy has had one season FFS. An utterly ridiculous level of criticism for one of our own players in what has been a season of fresh mustard coloured shite.

Beat me to it.

Can't wait for all these cunts to praise him next season when he's scoring loads. :avbfu::soldadowatch:

Beat me to it.

Can't wait for all these cunts to praise him next season when he's scoring loads. :avbfu::soldadowatch:

I'm personally tempted to keep a tally of all these lot who are slagging him off, just to see how fickle they get when Soldado finds his feet

I only ever doubted where his head may have gone after 2/3rds of the season. I think Poch's tempo of play will be appreciated by Soldado. If his head is in the right place, then I,d love to see him stay and silence all the doubters.

Poch will know what's going on with all these fellas by January, truth is we don't know who he will like, who will perform and who will adapt to system, the good thing is they would all have been there a year clean slate for everyone

Again for the trillionth time, Bale was almost out the door when BAE got injured 6 years ago. In a world where more and more instant success is required by the masses, remember we have a squad bigger and more expensive than ever we can afford to hold on a bit longer and see if players come good

Oh please, you massive embarrassment. You gushed about the man for months last summer like a schoolgirl with a crush, a long time before we signed the man.

I also remember quite a lot of talk about your circles confirming Benteke as a done deal.

And he has shown flashes of what he can do in a team that was pretty much devoid of any creativity.

In fact he became the creativity when played in a 442.

I'm not writing him off, not because I bigged him up but because I reckon there's a player in there waiting to get out.

Everyone gets a clean slate from me....but to suggest Soldado has not deserved the stick is a little much

I don't think it is, he's still scored 11 goals and provided 5 assists, but people still want to pull that apart and say "it was against crap teams" or "it wasnt from open play". goals are goals.

All that in 8 months of a new country, new language, 2 new managers, 50 different lineups, probably 10 different tactics and a lot under-performing players around him who would normally be supplying him.

He's not been brilliant, but some people should be embarrassed of how they've ranted about him

What a selection of cunts. The guy has had one season FFS. An utterly ridiculous level of criticism for one of our own players in what has been a season of fresh mustard coloured shite.

The issue here is that we thought we was buying the finished article. This is the argument I had against buying him, is that at 28 years old (When we purchased him) and at the top of his game, he should have came here banging in the goals for fun.

You can't really "Wait" for a now 29 year old player to develop.

The issue here is that we thought we was buying the finished article. This is the argument I had against buying him, is that at 28 years old (When we purchased him) and at the top of his game, he should have came here banging in the goals for fun.

I think what is poignant for me is that he didn't blame anyone else, even though he could have just cause, he didn't ask for a transfer, he didn't blame the tactics of the manager, and when he was dropped for Kane, he got on with it and didn't go speaking to the newspapers.

He's a model pro, and doesn't need pace for his game. If he adapts like Kevin Phillips, he could still be scoring in 10 years time, so personally I only see his age as relevant if we want to sell him.

I mean, we re-signed Sheringham at 34/35 and he was still scoring for us until 38, and west ham in the PL at nearly 41!

It's not about developing him you plum, it's about us adjusting to him and vice versa.

Everyone is willing to give lamela time to adapt but if anything it should be quicker and easier the younger you are.

I only ever doubted where his head may have gone after 2/3rds of the season. I think Poch's tempo of play will be appreciated by Soldado. If his head is in the right place, then I,d love to see him stay and silence all the doubters.
He certainly had some very difficult personnel issues going on so it's no wonder if he was distracted. I still feel if we play to his strengths he will have a better season next season. And if his grasp of English is getting better as daws said on TS then it's all positive. The only caveat to that is if there is an offer from Spain and he and his family want to return, it would be wrong to make him stay I believe.

2 PL goals in open play all season. Ade scored 10 in less time. Kane scored 3 with a quarter of the minutes played. Have all the faith in him that you want but youve got to be a stupid cunt if you think Soldado's done well and doesnt deserve criticism.

Back
Top Bottom