Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People forget that he's been through a lot this year, new country and new language like others have stated, coupled with the fact that his mrs lost a baby, that's got to do something to you mentally.. I'm fully behind him hopefully we can see the best of who was a lethal striker in Spain.

People need to be serious thinking that soldado will be good enough to be even be close to top scorer next season.

Let me ask those people who have blind faith in Soldado how many goals they think Soldado can get in all comps next season?

People need to be serious thinking that soldado will be good enough to be even be close to top scorer next season.

Let me ask those people who have blind faith in Soldado how many goals they think Soldado can get in all comps next season?

If Soldado stays and gets played by Poch, I think he'll hit at least 18 in the league. I'd go with minimum of 25 in all comps.

If Soldado stays and gets played by Poch, I think he'll hit at least 18 in the league. I'd go with minimum of 25 in all comps.
Hahahahaha, and probably serious too, with the league the way it is the only the top strikers will be scoring that much in the league. So ready to put soldado alongside rooney, dzeko sturridge, rvp maybe even aguero.

Again I'm not stupid enough to think he won't improve but if I had to put in a bracket I would put him in the 2nd tier of strikers alongside giroud (who even in his first season scored a lot of goals and is build for the premier league),Lukaku, remy,lambert etc

I'm sure many will pull up his stats from la liga. Many players over the ages have show being successful one one league doesn't mean shit in the premier league.

Another thing tell me which strikers recently have been good with Soldado's attributes? He isn't elusive enough to do what aguero and suarez do and isn't strong enough to do what Negredo does.

He reminds me of Kuyt/Torres assist machines but are never were where 'real strikers' are supposed to be and always trying to play everywhere on the field, and sometimes do wonderful passes that are meant for a striker but fall to no one coz the striker is the one passing the ball.

I read CBs post to which I made the point of comparing Lamela and Soldados gametime...

He was saying that everyone is allowing Soldado next to no time to adapt, they expected instant success.

Lamela cost more, and has youth on his side which should make it easier to adapt. People aren't banging on about how he's a flop and should be sold for being so shit, yet Soldado did do much better than Lamela up until the point where Lamela got "injured" in December.

Since then, it's clear that Soldado's game time was a bit sporadic and he wasn't quite used correctly by Sherwood at all - diluting his goals/min drastically.

What Carlito was getting at was that people seem to be refusing to allow Soldado even one season away from the unorganised shite we played last season, but are clamouring for Lamela's return.

I'll be clear in that I am a big fan of Erik, and I want him back soon too, so it's not Lamela vs Soldado, more "why isn't Soldado given the same grace?"

Soldado has a future but I dn't think it will be as our main striker I think he might play that jay rodriguez role, and in certain situations it might be better to play Soldado than Ade/alternate in the main striker role as a tactical thing like what chelsea do for torres.

Hahahahaha, and probably serious too, with the league the way it is the only the top strikers will be scoring that much in the league. So ready to put soldado alongside rooney, dzeko sturridge, rvp maybe even aguero.

Again I'm not stupid enough to think he won't improve but if I had to put in a bracket I would put him in the 2nd tier of strikers alongside giroud (who even in his first season scored a lot of goals and is build for the premier league),Lukaku, remy,lambert etc

I'm sure many will pull up his stats from la liga. Many players over the ages have show being successful one one league doesn't mean shit in the premier league.

Another thing tell me which strikers recently have been good with Soldado's attributes? He isn't elusive enough to do what aguero and suarez do and isn't strong enough to do what Negredo does.

He reminds me of Kuyt/Torres assist machines but are never were where 'real strikers' are supposed to be and always trying to play everywhere on the field, and sometimes do wonderful passes that are meant for a striker but fall to no one coz the striker is the one passing the ball.

I was thinking a little of how he's had 11 in all comps this season, meaning a goal every 3.3 games or so (rounded up). If he scores one in every 3.3 in a season where he's meant to burnt at the stake for being terrible (apparently), then I'm looking forward to seeing what he's like in an on-form team that's managed correctly.

Defoe managed 90 goals in 274 league games, which is a goal every 3 games, so it's important for us to stay grounded as to what we should be expecting in a first season anyway

I was thinking a little of how he's had 11 in all comps this season, meaning a goal every 3.3 games or so (rounded up). If he scores one in every 3.3 in a season where he's meant to burnt at the stake for being terrible (apparently), then I'm looking forward to seeing what he's like in an on-form team that's managed correctly.

Defoe managed 90 goals in 274 league games, which is a goal every 3 games, so it's important for us to stay grounded as to what we should be expecting in a first season anyway
So you gonna convinietly forget the penalties I'm sure we can train one of the midfielders to take penalties. Striker like defoe are dwindling and defoe on his day was really as elusive as aguero had that individual brilliance thing going for him too. Yet you see more and more these days where the trend of strikers is going, a perfect example is when aguero plays as a lone striker the team doesn't play that well and he plays quite shite (obviously he is world class he does still get goals but from individual brilliance) but when dzeko plays lone striker the team plays much better.

I don't believe any of you think Soldado will be a First tier striker which is what we need now at the very least a potential first tier striker.

So you gonna convinietly forget the penalties I'm sure we can train one of the midfielders to take penalties. Striker like defoe are dwindling and defoe on his day was really as elusive as aguero had that individual brilliance thing going for him too. Yet you see more and more these days where the trend of strikers is going, a perfect example is when aguero plays as a lone striker the team doesn't play that well and he plays quite shite (obviously he is world class he does still get goals but from individual brilliance) but when dzeko plays lone striker the team plays much better.

I don't believe any of you think Soldado will be a First tier striker which is what we need now at the very least a potential first tier striker.

Why would I forget the penalties?

I don't know why people are devaluing penalties so much, just because Soldado scored them maybe?

How many penalties did Keane score for us?

Why would I forget the penalties?

I don't know why people are devaluing penalties so much, just because Soldado scored them maybe?

How many penalties did Keane score for us?
Okay fuck the penalty thing I felt weird writing about it too , but we could easily replace his penalties and improve the other abilities he lacks which happened to be the most important.

I personally think soldado will not even get enough minutes for argument to be validated.

Investing 101: Buy Low, Sell High.

I thought Levy was supposed to be clever?

His value can't drop much further. At this point we'd be better served trying to salvage him under Pochettino.
Nothing to salvage here especially with that age about to creep over 30 by the next window.

A bad fit in the Prem n at the Lane. His value will only worsen. He is still only a year away from a lovely la liga season which hopefully Spurs can leverage with another la liga club.

Last edited:

You lost me at the likening Defoe to Aguero point
:avbshit:

Given a choice I would take someone who bangs them I like balotelli in exchange but if left with same strike force I think Abe - Kane prem games. Soldado - Kane other games.

Always thought AVB was a goal scorer away from doing very well. Lots of reasons why that didn't work but big one was having patience in Soldado.

Back
Top Bottom