Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that's a whole new debate you're opening up - the definition of "class". Nonetheless it's still a cliche. I like Soldado - he's a trier, but ultimately forwards that don't score will go the way of dogs that chase cars.

Perhaps - but the jist of it would say that players who all of a sudden lose form for no reason will eventually rediscover it, if they were quality footballers the whole time.

Well that's a whole new debate you're opening up - the definition of "class". Nonetheless it's still a cliche. I like Soldado - he's a trier, but ultimately forwards that don't score will go the way of dogs that chase cars.
Yup, 2 players with class that spring to mind... Ginola and Pirlo

i cant wait until we sign some relatively unknown striker for around 12 million and he plays with the freedom of zero expectation on his shoulders. thats what we need.

as of now i hold no hope in soldado. he is not what we hoped/wanted/needed/payed for. simple as that

i cant wait until we sign some relatively unknown striker for around 12 million and he plays with the freedom of zero expectation on his shoulders. thats what we need.

as of now i hold no hope in soldado. he is not what we hoped/wanted/needed/payed for. simple as that

Chadli cost £4m less and still has expectations on his shoulders.

Austin/Bony/both would be nice

Bony would be excellent. he has more than proved himself at swansea. speaking of chadli, id love to see him turned into a striker. he is a quality finisher.

Bony would be excellent. he has more than proved himself at swansea. speaking of chadli, id love to see him turned into a striker. he is a quality finisher.

Technically, he's a 'second striker' already. Already our top PL scorer this season, so perhaps worth he and Kane up top vs Swansea

sammyspurs sammyspurs isn't one of them. He'd love to be proved wrong.

mind20blown.gif

Seriously now, with Ade away (for how long??) Soldado still finding his goalscoring form regularly, are we really pinning all our hopes on Kane and a more advanced Chadli to see us through to CL Qualificati....o fi=orgeddit!

There seem to be a mistake us fans, clubs admins, and even some scout keep making. We look at a player in team that is considered lower in resources than Tottenham, especially strikers, wingers, attacking midfielders.. and we get impressed and sometimes overpay to get him in...
The most important factor to me no one is paying attention to is, those players look good because opponents do no clog the defense/goal area like when they play Spurs.
Example, Bony looks good to all of us, teams playing Swansea are not defending as if they face Tottenham. So Bony has all the space to show his skills. Now when he comes to play for Spurs, can he perform and force his style on tight areas, against 8 defenders? To me this is a key assessment that needs to be done before paying the money.
Tottenham always struggle at WHL because teams set back and defend with numbers, we need players who can break defenses, physically beat defenders, run the lanes, win air balls, be quicker than marking defenders. These need to be key items added to the other attributes....
I think since Klinsmann we never had such a striker, we did have Bale, Modric, Berbatov who even if they lack an attribute or two, they know how to deal with teams defending with numbers, can find the killer pass, killer shot, beat defenders...
Soldado looked good in Valencia, teams in EPL play Tottenham in a more defensive scheme than teams playing Valencia, THIS is where he needs to prove himself as being able to adjust his playing style to adapt to..He is trying and I can see good things, if he gets a run of games, without the burden of having to deliver even 10 games, he will adapt and be a super signing, but if he keeps looking over his shoulder, his focus is lost. Someone needs to wrap his arm around his shoulder and tell him "Listen, you are our guy, go there figure EPL out and lead our front line, score, link plays, assist, push defenders" just give him a boost of confidence and hit the rest button

:cool:

Someone needs to wrap his arm around his shoulder and tell him "Listen, you are our guy, go there figure EPL out and lead our front line, score, link plays, assist, push defenders" just give him a boost of confidence and hit the rest button
:cool:

Rest or Reset?

Back
Top Bottom