Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I've seen in fleeting glances, I'd like to see a Kane and Soldado pairing more often. The sort of player Soldado is will, I believe help the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Chadli score more goals and then hopefully he will start scoring. I feel sorry for him, because he isn't actually playing badly he just hasn't been scoring and lot of that (last season especially) was down to the team not providing

Too much pressure on Kane at the moment

Suddenly we have a 21yr old in his first real season, carrying the pressure of carrying the team.

Dier and Rose etc are also under the same sort of pressure, but its goals that win matches, and when a striker stops scoring it can be really damaging.

I cant believe we even took Kane to Italy. Soldado made a right mess out there, but he should have been partnered with Ade for that one.

This fitness regime has reaped its rewards, but the manager is already talking of burnouts. Why not use our other two strikers a bit more then?

They dont score enough, true, but they certainly cant score from the bench, or their sofa.

From what I've seen in fleeting glances, I'd like to see a Kane and Soldado pairing more often. The sort of player Soldado is will, I believe help the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Chadli score more goals and then hopefully he will start scoring. I feel sorry for him, because he isn't actually playing badly he just hasn't been scoring and lot of that (last season especially) was down to the team not providing

Yes, why not bring Kaboul, Paulinho and Ade back into the 1st XI as well? It's all their teammates fault they have been playing badly. :bow:

Well that took under a week to forget his horror show at Fiorentina. He absolutely should not play with Kane. When they are on the pitch together he just takes up space where Kane likes to dribble with the ball. Worse since he is further up the pitch chances fall to him instead of Kane. The only time he should touch the pitch is if god forbid Kane gets hurt.

He's the unluckiest player in the league. Shots are close but no cigar.
Imaginative passer.
I'll take him over Adebayor........ He's a lazy lout.
Unlucky? You cannot believe that, you make your own luck also going on 2 seasons now. Even yesterday with that cross from Davies he was slow to make that run he doesn't seem to anticipate very well for a player who was supposed to be a poacher. I have lost count of times, he has slid in and missed connecting for a goal by a split second. Those are the fine margins for being a top striker.

Well that took under a week to forget his horror show at Fiorentina. He absolutely should not play with Kane. When they are on the pitch together he just takes up space where Kane likes to dribble with the ball. Worse since he is further up the pitch chances fall to him instead of Kane. The only time he should touch the pitch is if god forbid Kane gets hurt.

This entire post pretty much sums it all up... Soldado manages to look worse than pub league players one weekend, yet somehow people forgive and forget the next. Ade doesn't play half as bad, people hate on him for not giving a shit because he doesn't get games over this spanish crock of shit. On top of that, and as you pointed out, he severely limits Kane when they play together... seriously, you folks are completely blind if you think Kane having to pick up the ball at the halfway line because Soldado is further up top is good for the team.

Give me a break. This guy is shit, he's always been shit and he always will be shit and I'm tired of seeing him in the fucking team. Get over your twitter obsessions -- we need to cut bait while we (maybe) still can.

Yesterday he looked decent. Came very close with that header and from Davies cross.
Story of his life (at Spurs), innit? Seems to do everything fine ... except scoring.

'Sigh'

If he goes on scoring a few now, then great (though I doubt it), but I still would like to see him sold along with Ade this Summer.

We no longer need to rotate, we'll be playing once a week until the end of the season. so the likes Adebola, Kabs and Co might as well be doing charity work visiting patients in hospitals until they are gone for good.

You don't have to like him but let the jokes about Ade being from Africa alone. Seriously. The guy has lived an incredibly hard life. I'm sure there are those of you that will scoff and post pictures of his cars and outfits and toys, but you don't get over seeing some of your best friends needlessly shot down. You just don't.

Back
Top Bottom