Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

interesting comments underneath that article from Valencia fans. Some of them saying that they think they have overvalued the player and should accept our offer as they need the money to survive. One guy thinks 30 million and signing Fred, Chicharito or Damiao (lol) would be great business.

Hardly means the deal is dead, rather that no agreement has happened today.

I ran the article about through Google translate and it appears to suggest that we changed the ballpark in the meeting. Sound familiar?

DO you mean this bit?
Después, una vez que la otra parte quiso cambiar los términos que se habían hablado en esa reunión, decidió dar un paso al frente y frenar el traspaso del delantero. Así, el contacto que estaba previsto para hoy martes queda suspendido de manera indefinida.
Amadeo Salvo está convencido en estos momentos, cuando está reunido el consejo de administración del Valencia, de que el jugador se queda si no llega un club que pague los 30 millones. De hecho, es consciente de la dificultad de encontrar un sustituto que garantice los goles de SOldado, que en principio ha de incorporarse el sábado al equipo.
Meaning...
After (yesterday´s meeting) the other party (Spurs) wanted to change the terms that they had talked about in the meeting, he (Valencia chairman) decided to step in and stop the transfer of the striker. So the agreement that was predicted for today remains postponed indefinitely.
At the moment Salvo is convinced taht following the Valencia board meeting the player will stay is a club doesn´t offer 30 million euros. In fact, he´s conscious of the difficulty in replacing a replacement who can guarantee Soldado´s goals and he´s expected to join his team mates on Saturday.

Still no quotes though

surely if this one falls through it´s gone beyond a joke. I´m all for financial prudence. I really am. But we are competing with clubs for whom 30 million is a drop in an oil-filled ocean. If we want a top class striker to lead the line we´re going to have to pay for one. End of story. I honestly believe with the squad we´d then have that we wouldn´t need to go near an expensive new signing for two windows unless one of our better players decides to leave - in which case we´d be recouping a fee anyway.

It kinda seems to good to be true, Soldado coming to Spurs. I'm all for 'In Levy we trust' but for the sake of 4 million euros, and for what he could mean for the team it has to happen, if Madrid do come in for Suarez, Liverpool won't hang about

DO you mean this bit?
Después, una vez que la otra parte quiso cambiar los términos que se habían hablado en esa reunión, decidió dar un paso al frente y frenar el traspaso del delantero. Así, el contacto que estaba previsto para hoy martes queda suspendido de manera indefinida.
Amadeo Salvo está convencido en estos momentos, cuando está reunido el consejo de administración del Valencia, de que el jugador se queda si no llega un club que pague los 30 millones. De hecho, es consciente de la dificultad de encontrar un sustituto que garantice los goles de SOldado, que en principio ha de incorporarse el sábado al equipo.
Meaning...
After (yesterday´s meeting) the other party (Spurs) wanted to change the terms that they had talked about in the meeting, he (Valencia chairman) decided to step in and stop the transfer of the striker. So the agreement that was predicted for today remains postponed indefinitely.
At the moment Salvo is convinced taht following the Valencia board meeting the player will stay is a club doesn´t offer 30 million euros. In fact, he´s conscious of the difficulty in replacing a replacement who can guarantee Soldado´s goals and he´s expected to join his team mates on Saturday.

Still no quotes though
Yeah, that's the bit I was referring to.

I love the fact that 2 pages back we're all saying how this is almost a shoe in...then this bullshit again.

This is so Spurs and I fucking love it and hate it in equal measure...

I am so confused as to what's going on, if baldini has flew home then this Levy negotiating over ever penny is ridiculous but I don't believe the deal has just gone dead because VCF are struggling for money and they can't turn down €26m surely?

Who: madrid spur
When: 23/07/13
Where: FTL
Deal is not dead at all.
Valencia want to maximise the deal, and are looking for, in their eyes a littel more in the cash part. Our offer is close enough that an agreement will be made.
Soldado has agreed terms in principle and when the agreement is made between clubs (expected to be this aftrenoon tomorrow morning) the rest will move quickly.

Cunts...the lot of them. Getting pissed off now. LEVY. WE. NEED. A. STRIKER.

I know what will happen. Defoe and Ade will get a couple of goals later and look world class, Levy will feel smug that he has saved himself a few bob, the season starts, Defoe pulls a hamstring and Ade goes missing for the first 10 games of the season.

Been there. Seen it. Done it.

Cunts

The whole thing depends on who else can come in for Soldado, Surely if they're cash strapped and in debt, 26 million euros should suffice. Harry Kane looked our most potent goal threat against Colchester....this transfer has the potential to be our biggest for many years, without it.....I'm getting a Kane number 9 shirt.

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom