Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quote from the Evening Standard:

Villas-Boas said: “He’s just one of the players we are interested in. It’s not a lie to anybody that we’ve been looking for a striker to strengthen our squad.
“Roberto is one of the players we have been following and his career speaks for itself. He’s a great striker. But there isn’t a deal being struck at the moment, it’s just interest and conversations.”

So maybe we do have other options to look torwards if Soldado does not happen.

If Suarez is off to Madrid and Higuain is off Napoli I fear who'll come in for Soldado...and it aint lolerpool.

It's basically a game of musical chairs, except no-one is willing to leave until there is a spare seat.

Cavani to PSG is one of the kick start moves to be confirmed so far.

Fuck knows how long the next one will drag out for. But it may well be a while until THFC take their empty chair to join in the game.

Quote from the Evening Standard:

Villas-Boas said: “He’s just one of the players we are interested in. It’s not a lie to anybody that we’ve been looking for a striker to strengthen our squad.
“Roberto is one of the players we have been following and his career speaks for itself. He’s a great striker. But there isn’t a deal being struck at the moment, it’s just interest and conversations.”

So maybe we do have other options to look torwards if Soldado does not happen.

Or maybe it's just posturing, just like the supposed deal being "off".

Last night my 'wanking over Soldado in a Spurs shirt' approached climax. This afternoon I feel very flaccid and hit by erectile dysfunction*.

*this story is not to be taken literally.

Are we being Levy'd?:levystare:
Are we both trying to Levy each other?
Could this result in a total collapse of any monetary form on a global scale?:avbshock:
Or are all our funds going to be spent on coffee and panini's for Franco in a little Spanish bar, that unbeknownst to us is owned by Valencia, thus our billions of negotiating hours and subsequent drinks and snacks lead to the complete decimation of all Valencia debt, leaving them free to keep their captain and launch a bid for Bale.:dempsey:

If we don't sign Soldado we will go for Lisandro Lopez who for me is not quite the quality we want. Not a patch of Soldado.

Baldini returning from Valencia doesn't mean we've pulled out, we just now know what they want and I imagine negotiations will continue...

Either that or I'm just lying to myself to hide the fact that its probably not going to happen.

If we don't end up with Soldado, and Higuain goes to ArseAnal, whilst Bale goes to Madrid, I swear I will swing for someone... fucking Medieval fashion!!

23b.png

That is all....

I would have thought Baldini would be doing the player negotiations. With Levy dealing with the clubs remuneration. So Baldini leaving without Valencia agreeing to a fee is fairly irrelevant.

Also a deal may have been done, but if you are Valenica you don't want it announced yet because you have to go buy a replacement and font want prices to go up because of the cash in your account now!
Lets wait and see.

At 28 years young Valencia are going to sell this summer, else the value drops too much and they can't afford not to have a pay day. But they also don't care who they sell to and they need a replacement as they need CL qualification and the money that brings. The only question is whether we sign him or someone else, IMO. If you're Soldado you'd prefer to go to Spurs over pool. Valencia signing a replacement may well be a factor IMO.

At 28 years young Valencia are going to sell this summer, else the value drops too much and they can't afford not to have a pay day. But they also don't care who they sell to and they need a replacement as they need CL qualification and the money that brings. The only question is whether we sign him or someone else, IMO. If you're Soldado you'd prefer to go to Spurs over pool. Valencia signing a replacement may well be a factor IMO.

Completely agree, but they will hold out for the very most they can get so I don't think they will tolerate any of Levy's negotiations and stinginess purely because they don't need to. Somebody will bid the £26m or whatever it is that they are demanding. I just hope Levy hasn't and doesn't let this one collapse.

The way I read it, is they would ideally have him stay until retirement because they don't need to sell, even though they could do with it (basically they're still in debt but not crippling to the point of urgently having to get rid of players like with David Villa/David Silva/Juan Mata).

There's two ways of reading the story, either we've lowered the price because they have another striker lined up so the deal has fallen through, or we may have agreed a deal but keeping it secret until they can get a replacement for decent value (as Super Jan said). Either way, Spanish sources (not sure whether that includes Fran Guaita) say we have to have met the release clause/agreed a deal by August 3rd which is the only part of the story I believe is true.

Also, this is the first business of the recently-elected chairman Amadeo Salvo who took over from Manuel Llorente who had terrible reputation with fans for selling players off cheaply. Looks like he might be a Levy-style guy who is 'my way or no way' because from what I read, we offered €26m plus €4m in 'easy to achieve' clauses, but they want €30m straight up. Interesting deal, desperately want it to go ahead.

Bit of food for thought.

While originally I couldn't believe that we'd sanction a move for a 28 year old that broke our club transfer record, does anyone reckon levy and lewis might have loosened up on the chequebook partially because of the inflation that will no doubt come about next transfer window after the increase in premiership tv prize money?

Bit of food for thought.

While originally I couldn't believe that we'd sanction a move for a 28 year old that broke our club transfer record, does anyone reckon levy and lewis might have loosened up on the chequebook partially because of the inflation that will no doubt come about next transfer window after the increase in premiership tv prize money?
NEXT window? dude, it's already happened, the increase happened this summer...

Back
Top Bottom