Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was wondering about his position.

Think he could score 10 goals easy as an 8.

But he’s one of the most positionally smart and disciplined players we have. He’d be great as a 6.

We got Bissouma and young Sarr to run the game from deep. Feel like a waste to not use Bentancur high up, he could be a big scorer for us if he recovers from his injury ok.

He's definitely coming back early.

Elite mentality
Nearly every player wants to get back early, and it's not always a good thing. Last few years I've seen two guys locally, playing field sports at a high level, return before the 9 month mark and re-injure a knee within 7/8 weeks. I'd be happier to see him re-introduced gradually than expected to make a big impact before November. Not really suggesting you meant otherwise, just a bit of a ramble.

Bentancur definitely an 8, would be good as a 6 as well but 6 league goals last season playing in a 2 suggests that he'd excel in attacking the box in those half spaces, he'd be excellent actually.

Nearly every player wants to get back early, and it's not always a good thing. Last few years I've seen two guys locally, playing field sports at a high level, return before the 9 month mark and re-injure a knee within 7/8 weeks. I'd be happier to see him re-introduced gradually than expected to make a big impact before November. Not really suggesting you meant otherwise, just a bit of a ramble.

The players don't always know what's best for them and the managers will rarely discourage them.

Can't wait for this guy to get back, our season went to shit when we lost him last year...

2960.jpg

Back
Top Bottom