Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I already explained sufficiently....

"Remember Romero's was all but universally accepted to be a red.... Even if some insisted it was harsh)"

If someone thinks Romero's was a red and thinks Cash's was worse ; then of course they think it should have been a red too... That's just basic fkn logic. 🙄
Just point of note. I never mentioned a card. I just said players get away with murder on our players

It is a bit concerning that a player that grew up an Woolwich supporter has now badly injured 2 spurs players in the last 3 seasons with terrible tackles.

These players are human and it’s reasonable that he could be trying to injure spurs players.
But isn't Matt Doherty a Gooner??? Strange choice of victim!
There's a lot of them about it seems!

If it turns out Cash is a Gooner who deliberately went out to injure Spurs players, then surely a ban for life is warrented, seeing as that's the ultimate LACK of professionalism!

Dirty Gooner prick!
Not good enough to play for them, but certainly prepared to carry out their dirty work for them! Cunt!

Just point of note. I never mentioned a card. I just said players get away with murder on our players

Fair... It's not my intent to mis-represent anyone.

Question though; if he was given a yellow and you don't think he was worthy of more then, from an officiating perspective; what has he "got away with".......?

Or bought crunchy nut cornflakes,only to find once you got home they were the boring normal ones...
Ooooh, the power of internet suggestion.

I haven't had crunchy nut cornflakes for years but now desire them more than any foodstuff on the planet.

I was going to pop out in a minute to get some fish for lunch, that's gone out of the window.

Not sure how la señora is going to take breakfast cereal instead of a nice plump baked sea bass mind.

Ooooh, the power of internet suggestion.

I haven't had crunchy nut cornflakes for years but now desire them more than any foodstuff on the planet.

I was going to pop out in a minute to get some fish for lunch, that's gone out of the window.

Not sure how la señora is going to take breakfast cereal instead of a nice plump baked sea bass mind.
Orally I would imagine...

Oh Matron!

But that is not how world works, is it.

If I go on, buy a telescope baton, find Matty Cash and just fucking destroy both of his kneecaps, I will get arrested.
Trial will be held. And most likely I would get some serious kind of punishment for that.

Will it make Cash knees repaired and him able to ever play football again? (luckly) it does not.
But that kind of punishment is meant to DETER OTHERS FROM DOING THE SAME THING in the future in similar situation.
And that kind of deterance should protect potential victims.

So... you know... maybe retrospecitvely punishing dangerous tackles could in future decrease amount of those instances?

I mean... after all this is how we operate as society. If someone gets killed, we do not just shrug shoulders and say "Well, whatever we do with killer, does not bring the victim back", do we?
Oh yeah, because a red card is totally comparable with jail…

That’s not what he’s saying

He’s talking about deterrents such as red cards and while Cash is banned through a red card he can’t cripple anyone else!

Good thing surely?

TheSpurEst

Yes, exactly...

Oh yeah, because a red card is totally comparable with jail…

Dude... have you ever heard of examples of similar principle?

Like drawing real life situations where there are similar principles involved, even if it is not exactly the same situation? Or are you mr Literal?

Exactly or just pulled him back by the arm which often happens in today’s game but he deliberately chose to bring Bentancur down by means of a cowardly challenge from the side virtually guaranteed to injure him

Straight red no question!
If it's not a red then the law needs to be changed.

It clearly is excessive force though because as you said, if he wanted to take a tactical yellow, he only needed to pull him back or trip him.

He definitely wasn't trying to win the ball so he used excessive force in order to achieve the objective of his tackle.

This was a vicious tackle with intent to hurt as he was no-where near the ball and he could just have tripped Bentancur if Cash just wanted to stop him

View: https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1728792373411422298

It is a truly disgusting tackle. So high.

At first glance though I can see why people don't think it's a red. It doesn't have the traditional "look" of a red card, with studs up meeting shin/ankle.

Problem is, Cash's challenge is way more likely to cause injury than say Romeros vs Chelsea. It was done nowhere near the ball, with the aim of hurting the opponent, which makes it violence.

Might not be a red card today but definitely should be

Back
Top Bottom