Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our best player this season and it's not close. Been immense every aspect of the game. Carrying us this season.
I think you see the best of him when we are behind and I think Conte gives him that license to push up a bit more. He's not really an out and out DM but more box to box. But seems Conte wants him sitting unless we have to score.

I think you see the best of him when we are behind and I think Conte gives him that license to push up a bit more. He's not really an out and out DM but more box to box. But seems Conte wants him sitting unless we have to score.
Yeah, from what I can see, he's a player you want to give a relatively free role to. He has endless stamina, a real nuisance off the ball and can pop up all over the pitch to support the attack or defence.

Apart from true no 10 like ability in the final third all our CMs seem more suited to a box to box role.

The irony is that this was not his best game by any stretch, he misplaced 3 or 4 passes, even misscontrolled a couple of times, but was still our best player, Biss looked good after about 5 minutes and they could make a wonderful pairing.

The irony is that this was not his best game by any stretch, he misplaced 3 or 4 passes, even misscontrolled a couple of times, but was still our best player, Biss looked good after about 5 minutes and they could make a wonderful pairing.
It should be the midfield 2 going forwards. They really could be a superb pairing. Hojbjerg has had a good season overall but dont think he has the ceiling of those 2 and can look very limited at times.

Back
Top Bottom