Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He gives a fuck and he is the man!
We’ve always said the midfield two need to pop up with goals when the front three aren’t firing.

PEH has done it, but Rodri is looking to really take it to the next level.

A tired point, but I can’t wait until the WC is over. Then we can see who was saving themselves for it and those who have finally been exposed.

Mate can I ask. If you had that window again. Is Vlahovic worth the investment. Would you looking at you current midfield have kept Bentancur and Kulu and would you consider Pochettino?
We have been overwhelmed by injuries: first Pogba who loses a month before undergoing surgery (and the World Cup is lost), the absence of the Chiesa, the cap coming out of Rabiot, Arthur, Ramsey: there was a great chaos.

I've always liked Bentancur a lot, Kulusevski at Juventus was unlucky. Today they would certainly be comfortable but in the difficulty Allegri has launched young promises from team B: Miretti and Fagioli, great talents. At the market level, there are rumors of Milinkovic - Savic.

Pochettino: I don't know if he is suitable for Juventus. A Juventus coach must not only be good but he must know how to manage the environment. Sarri for example was good but he was not capable. Pirlo was immature. Pochettino I see him as a coach who needs to be "pampered" ... boh

f4c3e6ed6ba1e395a886aa72b1a400f6-52463-oooz0000.jpeg

"Conte changed me, Juventus are my family"

prima_pagina_m.jpg

Turin - Tuttosport brings well and pushes Tottenham to a resounding comeback. Less than 48 hours ago the Spurs opened up the doors of their home, the splendid Tottenham Training Gorund by Enfield, in the north of London: today the boys trained by Antonio Conte has succeeded in a replaces. Under 14 'from the end at home against the Leeds United, the Spurs have overturned the result thanks to a sensational double of Rodrigo Bentancur, just the protagonist of our exclusive interview exit on the newspaper today. "Frighten in the goal area," he told Tuttosport: "Conte asked me to be less shy even at the time of shooting, to push me to the goal area more often. I'm doing it and things are going as good as possible. " Today the further confirmation has arrived. El Uru, with two nets in two minutes, sent the North England team to the carpet where the blue Wilfried Gnonto plays. The 3-3 network has arrived with a great shot from the area's limits, while that of overtaking is materialized with a touch intendedly on the assist of an unleashed Dejan Kulusevski. In short, Bentancur gave farewell in the best way to Tottenham and in the next few hours he can leave, happy and cargo a thousand, to join his mates of Uruguay and defend the colors of the heavenly in the World Cup in Qatar. Tangible the joy of the former Boca Juniors and Juventus midfielder at the return in the locker room, externalized with a liberating "Vamos". At the next double, however, we expect at least: "Gracias, Tuttosport!"

Bentancur, the Phosphorus Tottenham, Conte, Juventus and that South American Whatsapp Group. The former Boca Juniors and Juventus tells his explosion with the Spurs, the merits of Italy's CTs and also the relationship that binds him to the former companions Danilo, Alex Sandro and Dybala Roberto Colombo Friday 11 November 2022. Sent to London - Rodrigo Bentancur, ie phosphorus, grit and ... Muchos Huevos, enormous attributes! The Spurs Uruguayan midfielder received us in the jewel of Enfield's Tottenham Training Ground and explained to us, without any hair on the language, his exponential growth thanks to the work of Antonio Conte, the club technician: with the Italian teachings, Rodrigo besides being decisive in the middle of the field managed to become mortifier when it arrives in the goal area, with 3 networks made when we are not yet half of the season. Bentancur and Juventus El Uru does not then forget his former Boca Juniors and Juventus comrades: "We have a whatsapp group with the South American Sudamericans. There are Danilo, Alex Sandro and obviously Paulo Dybala. No, we didn't expell him from the group when he decided to go to Rome - and down a laugh -. Boca boys often feel with El Pipa Benedict: we shared some season with Xeneize and is a great person as well as a breed bomber, a resounding striker ". Bentancur has also confided to you, its and Uruguay ambitions, in view of the worldwide that will start in Qatar in a few days and has woven the praises of faith Valverde and Darwin Núñez, two of the precious pieces of the heavenly. You can read the integral interview on the Tuttosport edition on newsstands tomorrow.

f4c3e6ed6ba1e395a886aa72b1a400f6-52463-oooz0000.jpeg

"Conte changed me, Juventus are my family"

prima_pagina_m.jpg
it might be a ridiculous thing to say, but I love that an Italian newspaper can say "Kane and Son" no first names , no further description. everyone know who Kane and Son are.

i love it.

we're massive.

it might be a ridiculous thing to say, but I love that an Italian newspaper can say "Kane and Son" no first names , no further description. everyone know who Kane and Son are.

i love it.

we're massive.
They are two great players, known and respected.

You often underestimate compared to so many alleged champions.

He's our best performing player.

He is most certainly not a better footballer than Son or Kane.
I think Benta is well clear of Son when both are at their best. Son at his best is highly effective but still has a very limited skillset.

Bentancur at his best can do everything to a very high level, expect pass like a top no 10. Apart from speed, shooting, and crossing he's better at all the things that makes a good footballer.

I think Benta is well clear of Son when both are at their best. Son at his best is highly effective but still has a very limited skillset.

Bentancur at his best can do everything to a very high level, expect pass like a top no 10. Apart from speed, shooting, and crossing he's better at all the things that makes a good footballer.

What defines a good footballer is entirely subjective. Son has been one of the most effective forwards in the Premier League for years, up there with the best in the world in terms of performing above xG. Last season he contributed to 30 league goals despite not being a penalty taker. Extraordinary.

Bentancur is a good all round CM & flavour of the month, like Romero was not so long ago. Not saying either aren't good players, but Son/Kane have had years at the top level of being elite forwards, putting up numbers in both the CL & PL.

What defines a good footballer is entirely subjective. Son has been one of the most effective forwards in the Premier League for years, up there with the best in the world in terms of performing above xG. Last season he contributed to 30 league goals despite not being a penalty taker. Extraordinary.

Bentancur is a good all round CM & flavour of the month, like Romero was not so long ago. Not saying either aren't good players, but Son/Kane have had years at the top level of being elite forwards, putting up numbers in both the CL & PL.
Son's tally last season was a massive outlier, but putting that aside, outscoring xg is only one aspect of being a good player. Granted, Son at his best is REALLY clinical, which is why he's still a top player.

Outside of scoring Son is severely lacking in many important areas. He's weak, he can't retain possession, his first touch is inconsistent, can't head a ball, doesn't press or track back well, doesn't have any vision to speak of, can't win the ball in a tackle, etc etc.

Apart from goal scoring Kulu is the better winger because he has a more well rounded game and influences the game over 90 mins.

Bentancur is better than Son for the same reason. Whether he can keep it up is a different matter.

Back
Top Bottom