Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With him in the team

Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Bissouma
Bentancur Maddison
Kulu Son Solomon/Johnson

On paper looks pretty special.

Top GK. One of the best CB pairings in the league. One of the best LBs in the league. Porro is playing good and proving very creative. One of the best 6s in Europe in Biss. Madders a top 3 playmaker in the league. Bentancur is obviously top drawer. Son is a superstar. If Kulu continues his good form and development and someone does the same at RWF we are a very complete side.
That's a side with a dreamy spine. Mix of youth and experience, very athletic, strong and powerful. Littered with technical talent. Ball carriers and dribblers all over the pitch. Numerous leaders. Multiple players who want the ball and will take responsibility to make things happen. Gawd.

I am a huge Sarr fan though so I'm happy for any rotation tbh. His development is important of course as he will one day join the elites.

With him in the team

Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Bissouma
Bentancur Maddison
Kulu Son Solomon/Johnson

On paper looks pretty special.

Top GK. One of the best CB pairings in the league. One of the best LBs in the league. Porro is playing good and proving very creative. One of the best 6s in Europe in Biss. Madders a top 3 playmaker in the league. Bentancur is obviously top drawer. Son is a superstar. If Kulu continues his good form and development and someone does the same at RWF we are a very complete side.
That's a side with a dreamy spine. Mix of youth and experience, very athletic, strong and powerful. Littered with technical talent. Ball carriers and dribblers all over the pitch. Numerous leaders. Multiple players who want the ball and will take responsibility to make things happen. Gawd.

I am a huge Sarr fan though so I'm happy for any rotation tbh. His development is important of course as he will one day join the elites.
Excellent starting 11 with very little quality in depth. Another couple transfer windows and we could really be onto something.

Fingers crossed we avoid too many significant inquiries until then.

I just hope he comes back the same player as it has been said that players with a similar injury arent. He seems really eager to get back but I just hope we manage him properly. Our medical team arent exactly known for their abilities.
He will come back stronger from this injury. When you have a long term injury like this or any other for that matter these days the rehab is so intense is that your body comes back stronger everywhere. It will take him time to get his sharpness back but that will gradually come back the more he’s in full training with the lads. By all accounts he seems not too far away from a full return. Pretty sure he’ll get some minutes in some closed door games and he’ll be ready to go. I honestly think he takes us up another level. It’s now him or Sarr coming on rather than Hojbjerg(who has done well coming on to be fair) or Skipp.

We need him back asap as Sarr and Bissouma are at AFCON Jan to Feb. Up to a month away possibly.

It's not as urgent as you make it sound..... As long as he's fit and firing BY Jan it's all good.

A steady curve with deliberately rationed, slowly increasing gametime is easily the best approach.

It's not as urgent as you make it sound..... As long as he's fit and firing BY Jan it's all good.

A steady curve with deliberately rationed, slowly increasing gametime is easily the best approach.
I agree. The three guys in midfield are on fire so it can be slow and steady to get him back. Once he’s back we will be ridiculously strong in there. All fit,mobile and most importantly very good footballers on the ball.

The fact we're happy that a player that was so integral in our team when he was fit, and is so talented can be given plenty of time to recover shows just how blessed we are with Madds, Biss and Sarr. Even skipp and PEH as general back ups is great. if we can get to this level of cover all over the positions, especially CB then we are really motoring. Can't wait to see him back as he really is different class and for his sake, I'm sure he is busting to get going again. But I'm just glad we have the guys there to cover until he's absolutely ready. Such an elegant player, he's an absolute joy to watch.

I can see why they are cautious. He needs to be at his prime in Jan obviously for the ACON. They can’t take any risks.

That's nothing, has anyone else noticed (or is concerned) that Ashley Phillips looks remarkably like Theo Walcott?
9b53678cbe801f7fd66939125d5055a4c341a10f.png

(Facially, not height or hair of course!!!) I can't UN-see it now!

Back
Top Bottom