Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's nothing, has anyone else noticed (or is concerned) that Ashley Phillips looks remarkably like Theo Walcott?
9b53678cbe801f7fd66939125d5055a4c341a10f.png

(Racially, not height or hair of course!!!) I can't UN-see it now!
There you go - corrected

Him being fit adds a lot to our squad, hopefully he’s eased back in but once fully fit the idea of him, Bissouma and Maddison is sexy as fuck. He has a lot to do to displace Sarr following a lengthy injury though.

There you go - corrected
Please say you're joking me?
... don't play that card!
They resemble eachother...

Non white people ARE allowed to look alike without it being a racial slur.... You're better than that, surely?

Japhet Tanganga DOES resemble Forrest Whittaker...
Just not as much as Forrest Whittaker's brother!!
Who-is-ken-whitaker-twitter_480x480.webp

...that's all... A good old fashioned looky-likey! Nothing more sinister than that, promise!

Please say you're joking me?
... don't play that card!
They resemble eachother...

Non white people ARE allowed to look alike without it being a racial slur.... You're better than that, surely?

Japhet Tanganga DOES resemble Forrest Whittaker...
Just not as much as Forrest Whittaker's brother!!
Who-is-ken-whitaker-twitter_480x480.webp

...that's all... A good old fashioned looky-likey! Nothing more sinister than that, promise!
I genuinely can't say I've spent a lot of time gazing at Theo Walcott, swearing at, trying to throwing things at, but not really gazing at. In all honestly I don't really like seeing his name written down and rather resent you have encouraged it...

Last edited:
Dumb question from a newb time, who would he replace once hes back?

Reading up on him and im encouraged

Sarr most probably but I don't think it works like that - doubt he'll just walk back into the team - he just gives us another option, a very good one pending he gets back to the levels pre injury.

It's not a dumb question. If you look at the crazy amount of running Pape Sarr is doing then it's almost smarter to look at them sharing first team duties. So against a side like Arse; Sarr covered pocket after pocket he filled holes and built a platform for us to eventually overwhelm Rice. He was doing the same against Szoboszlai. Now if you can with an hour to go bring in Bentancur who edges the kid in finishing at the moment I can see them both being central to winning games against big sides away. So just in time for Liverpool at Anfeild. Heard it here first Rod winner after Sarrs run their legs off

Him being fit adds a lot to our squad, hopefully he’s eased back in but once fully fit the idea of him, Bissouma and Maddison is sexy as fuck. He has a lot to do to displace Sarr following a lengthy injury though.
Yes. I hope he remains wrapped in cotton for a while yet because any imminent injuries aside we're in a good run of form in midfield and there's no reason to risk rushing his recovery.

I don't think that's quite the right question.

If you look at our near term fixtures we have :
2 Dec v ManCity
5 Dec v West Ham
9 Dec v Newcastle

and then after a couple of weeks :
23 Dec v Everton
26 Dec v Brighton
30 Dec v Bournemouth

Ange's style of play requires the players to put a lot of effort in, plenty of running etc. So I can't see our recent midfield 3 of Bissouma, Sarr and Maddison playing several games every 3 or 4 days without any rotation.

And that probably means Bentancur playing some minutes during November to build up match fitness so that he and others are able to share the playing load in December and onwards.

Whilst this season is unusual in mainly playing once a week in PL where we can mainly get away with little rotation, there are times where we will be playing twice a week and will need a larger squad, and that will be good preparation for next season when we expect/hope to be in europe where playing twice a week and a big squad to allow rotation will be a prerequisite.

Back
Top Bottom