Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I also think Bissouma’s red cards and couple of bad games clouded people in regards to worth. Bentancur, Sarr and Maddison might be our best players in the middle (possibly) but it’s not our most balanced midfield, it’s like England with Gerrard and Lampard, great players but both 8’s.

We need Bissouma back and we need to buy a player to compete with him so when he is off form or sent off we have a natural sitting player with the right skillset. I do like Tyrese Hall, looks a Bissouma clone but it’s too early for him.
Did you hear mate. Pep has been trying to tao up Tyrese. Scouting him regularly and rumours they sent people to talk to his folks .

I also think Bissouma’s red cards and couple of bad games clouded people in regards to worth. Bentancur, Sarr and Maddison might be our best players in the middle (possibly) but it’s not our most balanced midfield, it’s like England with Gerrard and Lampard, great players but both 8’s.

We need Bissouma back and we need to buy a player to compete with him so when he is off form or sent off we have a natural sitting player with the right skillset. I do like Tyrese Hall, looks a Bissouma clone but it’s too early for him.

People were overhyping Bentancur long before Bissouma came along.

Bentancur is a decent footballer, but he’s never been the spunkbread that those aboard the hype train would have everyone believe. It’s those same types that were doing it with Kulusevski too.

Last edited:
Whilst he's not played enough to really confirm, I feel like the slight dip in form has coincided with Maddison coming into the team

He was great against Villa, Bournemouth, Burnley and United. Poor against City as were the whole team but then Maddison comes back into starting games and Bentancur was so poor against Brentford he got subbed off at HT and then was anonymous yesterday.

He’s been below his standard for 109 minutes. He was class v Utd.

Which warrants a discussion as to why he's dropped form

This isn't an echo chamber mate - just because you like him doesn't mean his performances cannot be questioned, same for anyone else in the squad.

Was great against UTD.

Looks uncertain of his role atm. The best we’ve seen him in this system was the Villa game at the 6. He looked unplayable before Cash hack.

Until Biss is firing, I really want to see:

Benta
Sarr Maddison

I have zero doubt Bentancur runs the show against Brighton in that 3

This isn't an echo chamber mate - just because you like him doesn't mean his performances cannot be questioned, same for anyone else in the squad.
I’m having a discussion. I think he’s well below his standard for the last couple of games but players can’t always be at the top of their game. Players can have a dip because the opposition make them have a dip or they just don’t play as well. If it went on for a longer period then yes he must get left out the team but not just now. He’s also had such a tough time with injury and you can get through a few games playing great then a drop in form can happen. I don’t think we need to worry about him.

I’m having a discussion. I think he’s well below his standard for the last couple of games but players can’t always be at the top of their game. Players can have a dip because the opposition make them have a dip or they just don’t play as well. If it went on for a longer period then yes he must get left out the team but not just now. He’s also had such a tough time with injury and you can get through a few games playing great then a drop in form can happen. I don’t think we need to worry about him.

Literally all you had to say in the first place 😆

He's still coming back from an incredibly long lay off, followed by a 'Cash-induced' further lay off...
He's had the best part of an entire season injured...
No wonder his form is going to be a little up and down...

Technically, he's still in September, fitness wise!

I think he's just not at full fitness following his comeback.....

He was good v United, but that's against a pretty lazy, slow and un-physical MF.

Against a a highly motivated team like City & Everton you need to be able to at least match their energy.......

People have overhyping Bentancur long before Bissouma came along.

Bentancur is a decent footballer, but he’s never been the spunkbread that those aboard the hype train would have everyone believe. It’s those same types that were doing it with Kulusevski too.
Hail Paratici...wonder how much he pocketed from those two signings?

Back
Top Bottom