Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are some of you on about?

How is it difficult for Sarr to get back into team... while you mention Bissouma at the same sentence or post?

If you compare Sarr and Bissouma from EPL round 8 onwards, there is no competition here. Sarr has outperformed him massively, not even the same category.

Bissouma will have MASSIVE uphill battle to get into our strongest XI as of now. If Bentancur and Sarr will avoid injuries, Madders and Kulu will also remain fit, I do not belive Bissouma will get more than 5 starts with rest of the season.

He has let the team down big time for number of times when Sarr has been outstanding and consistent midfield maestro for us. I feel he does not get the deserved respect because of being so young, even from our own fans. Biss and Sarr do not play same position, but Bentancur performance against Villa (until that cunt Cash taking him off) was just incredible... as #6, against one of the in-form teams in the league, right after returning from injury. So he has the class and positional ability. So he is our first pick for that position.

When everyone are fit, I would say that our best lineup right now is -

-------------Vicario--------------
Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bentancur----
-----------Madders-----------
-Kulu-----Richie-----Son-----

If Bissouma wants to have a go, I think his best option is-

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bissouma----
-----------Bentancur----------
-Madders---Richie---Son---

Or if we are willing to play -

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bissouma----
-----------Bentancur----------
-Kulusevski-Son--Madders-

But that's it.
I repeat- in midfield, as things stand right now, Bissouma is SIGNIFICANTLY behind both Bentancur and Sarr and if we want to include him into XI, there is need to sacrifice Kulusevski or Richie from the front line.

Because it depends on how we use Bentancur. Bentancur is perhaps our best all round footballer at the club. Sarr hasn’t been used as a deep lying playmaker, he doesn’t play the same position as Bissouma. If Ange wants Bentancur as a box to box then Bissouma will play, if Ange wants Bentancur as a deep midfield Sarr will play. Bentancur is better currently than Sarr and Bissouma and can play both roles so it’s entirely upto how Ange uses Bentancur to get the best out of him.

Also likely that Bissouma will be back from AFCON before Sarr is therefore will likely be in a midfield involving Maddison and Bentancur and if that hits it off, regardless of previous form Sarr may have to bide his time again.

However, like others, I think opponent will depend on personnel. Sarr isn't great against low blocks so probably misses those games for example.

Also likely that Bissouma will be back from AFCON before Sarr is therefore will likely be in a midfield involving Maddison and Bentancur and if that hits it off, regardless of previous form Sarr may have to bide his time again.

However, like others, I think opponent will depend on personnel. Sarr isn't great against low blocks so probably misses those games for example.
Exactly what I was just thinking, football is full of sliding doors moments like this.

Things like that can make or break a career, best example that comes to mind right now is Bale, would very possibly have been on his way out of the club to Nottingham Forest had it not been for Assou-Ekotto heading off to AFCON.

That's not to say it would be as drastic as that for Sarr, he'll get plenty of minutes still, but like you say, he could have more of a fight on his hands to get the starting spot back than people think.

There's plenty of minutes to be had in our MF either way... Even without Europe.....

Ange was bringing on 2 MFs and 2 FBs from the bench in our early games; before all the cards and injuries started kicking in...... And doing so relatively early to keep everyone fresh and on point.

Sarr - and his bags of energy - from the bench would be quite the asset.

There's no way people can pick a midfield based on 'if everyone is fit', surely it's based on opposition and circumstance.

So, you are saying that against some opposition we should knowingly pick weaker side?

That's surely interesting thought.

I had an idea, that there is thing called Ange-ball, where we focus on how we play, make it run smoothly and effectively to beat opposition. That comment seems straight out of Continho-era-playbook to adjust our team to opposition instead of forcing the tempo on them.

You surely have misunderstood something.

Go back and watch clips of all Sarr involvements. He literally speeds up the tempo in which we move the ball around. He helps to win ball back in opposition half. He helps to set up scoring chances (like the peach of a pass he made to Johnson from where Johnson assisted Richie).

I really hate when Sarr does not get respect he deserves... "isn't great against low blocks" my ass.

You surely have misunderstood something.

Go back and watch clips of all Sarr involvements. He literally speeds up the tempo in which we move the ball around. He helps to win ball back in opposition half. He helps to set up scoring chances (like the peach of a pass he made to Johnson from where Johnson assisted Richie).

I really hate when Sarr does not get respect he deserves... "isn't great against low blocks" my ass.

He's not gonna shag you mate

So, you are saying that against some opposition we should knowingly pick weaker side?

According to you, not according to our manager, thankfully you aren't managing the team :thumbup:

Our manager already said that he was attempting to try Biss/Bent together so I'm not sure what you're talking about...

5 subs and Ange subs his CM's pretty early every game. Injuries and suspensions etc...

This isn't Conte football where the same 11 get in situ and never shift.

That's surely interesting thought.
Horses for courses , Your best team against attacking Man City might not be your best teams against a Low block Opposition.
Also will be nice to be in a position where we aren't so predictable and Injuries pick the team.

There's plenty of minutes to be had in our MF either way... Even without Europe.....

Ange was bringing on 2 MFs and 2 FBs from the bench in our early games; before all the cards and injuries started kicking in...... And doing so relatively early to keep everyone fresh and on point.

Sarr - and his bags of energy - from the bench would be quite the asset.

Also pretty handy having Bentancur on the bench if you have a lead to protect and need someone to dictate the game.

Horses for courses , Your best team against attacking Man City might not be your best teams against a Low block Opposition.
Also will be nice to be in a position where we aren't so predictable and Injuries pick the team.
I would back the best Conte side to win tomorrow's game, more than I'd back the side we will put out. It is horses for courses yes. But we've still got a very good chance. Just hope it isn't a replay and injuries fest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom