Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On paper it's Biss, Bentancur and Madders.

Bentancur is currently better all round than Sarr and is more of a goal threat.

But as we've seen, this concept of a "best XI" never really plays out anyway.

Right now Bentancur is looking great as the 6 so no need to change to accomodate Biss.
I love Bissouma, but there's no way he makes the team on paper compared to Sarr. Sarr is the glue of our midfield, at the moment I even think he's more important than Bentancur.

Right now the midfield 3 for me is Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison. Bit weird to be spoiled for midfielders when we had Sissoko, Winks, Hojbjerg, Ndombele just 3 years ago though. It's a lovely problem to have.

Every single one of my many Italian friends, most of whom are Juve fans, have told me he's one of the worst CM they can remember Juve playing.

He's slow, can't pass, can't score. He gives so many balls away they've lost count seasons ago already.

All said he's a terrible signing and they never expected a club like Spurs to sign him. Palace, Villa, even Newcastle...okay. But not Spurs. Now they're buzzing and saying Fabio is a hero.

And they hate Kulusevski too.
You need new Italian friends. They aren't really your friends. 🤭

I love Bissouma, but there's no way he makes the team on paper compared to Sarr. Sarr is the glue of our midfield, at the moment I even think he's more important than Bentancur.

Right now the midfield 3 for me is Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison. Bit weird to be spoiled for midfielders when we had Sissoko, Winks, Hojbjerg, Ndombele just 3 years ago though. It's a lovely problem to have.
Which one of them plays DM, because none of them are an outright DM?!

Maybe we don't need one?

It’s not just ability or form though it’s positional fit. Sarr is a box to box, a number 8 he isn’t a sitting playmaker like Bissouma.

If Bentancur plays as the 8 then Bissouma will be in the team as the 6. If Bentancur plays as the 6 then Sarr will play as the 8. Bissouma and Sarr aren’t playing in the same position, rather Bentancur can do both roles so it’s really how we use him as to whether Bissouma or Sarr play.

Does anyone remember the outrage on social media when we signed this guy?

😂😂😂
Probably because no one knew who he was!

:roseunsure:

And those who claimed they knew everything about him, were the kids that are avid Football Manager players!

Animated GIF

It’s not just ability or form though it’s positional fit. Sarr is a box to box, a number 8 he isn’t a sitting playmaker like Bissouma.

If Bentancur plays as the 8 then Bissouma will be in the team as the 6. If Bentancur plays as the 6 then Sarr will play as the 8. Bissouma and Sarr aren’t playing in the same position, rather Bentancur can do both roles so it’s really how we use him as to whether Bissouma or Sarr play.

Will depend on the opponent and game.

vs the teams that will press aggressively and run with us in a more transition type game, we will prbably seem Bissoum and Sarr.

The deep block teams we almost certainly see Bentancur as the 6 pinging reversals from side to side.

It's funny how people can play football in their youth, watch it every weekend for 30 years and still have no clue about it.

It's like my dad's cooking skill.
To be fair to my Juve pals...1/ who's never been wrong about a player (or ten)...2/ Roddy & Kulu weren't really pulling up trees for Juve back then...3/ think their frustration was mostly aimed at the board for their dodgy practices, taking it out on outgoing players was just easier.

They've all told me since they're happy to see the lads perform at such a high level for us...and that they'd have them back in a heartbeat. To which I obviously replied vaffanculo.

As mentioned above he's a complete midfielder , double pivot , 6,8 or 10 he's capable in all but for me he excels as an 8. Giving him that licence to roam and his spacial awareness aided with the ability/desire to receive the ball anywhere is the mark of a top player.

His football IQ is way up there as well as shown by his goal v Manure , he exploited the frailties of Fernandes as an 8 , he didn't track Lolo who ghosted in between the lines of centre back and full back exactly as Ange demands.

It will be hard for young Sarr to get back in but what a great problem to have.
Complete midfielder.

Imagine him with Biss or a proper 6. The license and freedom to go anywhere. Very exciting.

Which one of them plays DM, because none of them are an outright DM?!

Maybe we don't need one?

What are some of you on about?

How is it difficult for Sarr to get back into team... while you mention Bissouma at the same sentence or post?

If you compare Sarr and Bissouma from EPL round 8 onwards, there is no competition here. Sarr has outperformed him massively, not even the same category.

Bissouma will have MASSIVE uphill battle to get into our strongest XI as of now. If Bentancur and Sarr will avoid injuries, Madders and Kulu will also remain fit, I do not belive Bissouma will get more than 5 starts with rest of the season.

He has let the team down big time for number of times when Sarr has been outstanding and consistent midfield maestro for us. I feel he does not get the deserved respect because of being so young, even from our own fans. Biss and Sarr do not play same position, but Bentancur performance against Villa (until that cunt Cash taking him off) was just incredible... as #6, against one of the in-form teams in the league, right after returning from injury. So he has the class and positional ability. So he is our first pick for that position.

When everyone are fit, I would say that our best lineup right now is -

-------------Vicario--------------
Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bentancur----
-----------Madders-----------
-Kulu-----Richie-----Son-----

If Bissouma wants to have a go, I think his best option is-

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bissouma----
-----------Bentancur----------
-Madders---Richie---Son---

Or if we are willing to play -

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
-Kulusevski-Son--Madders-

But that's it.
I repeat- in midfield, as things stand right now, Bissouma is SIGNIFICANTLY behind both Bentancur and Sarr and if we want to include him into XI, there is need to sacrifice Kulusevski or Richie from the front line.

What are some of you on about?

How is it difficult for Sarr to get back into team... while you mention Bissouma at the same sentence or post?

If you compare Sarr and Bissouma from EPL round 8 onwards, there is no competition here. Sarr has outperformed him massively, not even the same category.

Bissouma will have MASSIVE uphill battle to get into our strongest XI as of now. If Bentancur and Sarr will avoid injuries, Madders and Kulu will also remain fit, I do not belive Bissouma will get more than 5 starts with rest of the season.

He has let the team down big time for number of times when Sarr has been outstanding and consistent midfield maestro for us. I feel he does not get the deserved respect because of being so young, even from our own fans. Biss and Sarr do not play same position, but Bentancur performance against Villa (until that cunt Cash taking him off) was just incredible... as #6, against one of the in-form teams in the league, right after returning from injury. So he has the class and positional ability. So he is our first pick for that position.

When everyone are fit, I would say that our best lineup right now is -

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
------Sarr------Bentancur----
-----------Madders-----------
-Kulu-----Richie-----Son-----

If Bissouma wants to have a go, I think his best option is-

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
-Madders---Richie---Son---

Or if we are willing to play -

Porro-Romero-VDV-Udogie
-Kulusevski-Son--Madders-

But that's it.
I repeat- in midfield, as things stand right now, Bissouma is SIGNIFICANTLY behind both Bentancur and Sarr and if we want to include him into XI, there is need to sacrifice Kulusevski or Richie from the front line.

Everything you just wrote was wrong.

You’ve wasted everyone’s time and everyone here is now dumber for having read it.

Thanks. Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom