Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lukaku? His inconsistency will have us fickle Spurs supporters frothing at the teeth. He was anonymous when we played them at Goodison and seems to be unable to score against the relegation threatened teams too, no thanks.

New manager to get Soldado firing again please.

Lukaku? His inconsistency will have us fickle Spurs supporters frothing at the teeth. He was anonymous when we played them at Goodison and seems to be unable to score against the relegation threatened teams too, no thanks.

New manager to get Soldado firing again please.

He is 20, and has a 1 n 2 record at every club bar Chelsea. It wouldnt be unfair to think he can become more consistent with more experience, and he has a huge amount of potential to work with

Hahahaha - he's an immense striker who's barely 20

You must be kidding, right?

I would imagine no decision would be made until we find out where Everton finish..
If they finish 4th then I would expect he would want to stay with Everton.
Everton are not prolific spenders but if they got 4th then the purse strings might be loosened, if they finish 5th then Lukaku may be a few million too far for them.

I would imagine no decision would be made until we find out where Everton finish..
Everton are not prolific spenders but if they got 4th then the purse strings might be loosened, if they finish 5th then Lukaku may be a few million too far for them.

That means Woolwich have to finish 4th then, oh bollocks!

We can have two good strikers at the club at one time.
Well yes, we can't bench a £20 million player, nor can we bench a £100k+ a week player, I know I'm sounding like Levy but it wouldn't make sense, both players would expect to be playing. If we have both then it definitely means getting rid of Soldado IMO, which I am reluctant to do because..... well I like him, that's it, hmmmmm, I guess we if we can shift Roberto then Ade and Lukaku would be pretty decent.

According the rumours he is not on a good foot with the Chavs and that he will be leaving them. But i guess anything can happen, i would easily take a punt on him but i don't know if he's really willing to come to Spurs with our lack of game plan and ideas (i've read some articles about him, and he is not only a brilliant player but also super ambitious and really wants to be involved in the more tactical area aswell). Guess it all comes down to what happens at the manager front during the summer.

Honestly I doubt even with CL qualification (only confirmed after the play off in August leaving a few days of the window) Everton could afford him. Chelsea are supposedly asking £25m, iirc thats £10m over their transfer record. As a rule they dont have a pot to piss in so I highly doubt they will suddenly start throwing £20m+ on transfers.

I'd rather Berahino tbh. Looks like he'll be on his way out of WBA. Younger, english talent and will be much cheaper than Lukaku. Unproven yes, but if last summers signings were anything to go by, form at previous clubs counts for nothing.

Honestly I doubt even with CL qualification (only confirmed after the play off in August leaving a few days of the window) Everton could afford him. Chelsea are supposedly asking £25m, iirc thats £10m over their transfer record. As a rule they dont have a pot to piss in so I highly doubt they will suddenly start throwing £20m+ on transfers.

Good point about total qualification and a few days of the window left..

Are they really asking for £25m? I read somewhere £17.5m.
£25m is a bit steep.

Back
Top Bottom