Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else see Mourinho's comments on his strikers after the game last night? As if they'd sell their best striker to us of all teams lol.

Anyone else see Mourinho's comments on his strikers after the game last night? As if they'd sell their best striker to us of all teams lol.

Fairly clear that Mourinho doesn't rate him seeing as he chose Ba, Torres and an aging Eto'o over him

If he is for sale, in the past the special one has had a soft spot for Spurs. I can see it happening (if he is for sale).

I think the relationship between Mourinho and lukaku has broken down anyway, Chelsea need to sell a lot of players so they can buy costa and the like so as long as we offer the most cash I don't think it's impossible.

Last edited:
Everton won't have £25m to spend even with CL football

Martinez was saying the other week they saved money from their last budget and including sales of players, they're looking to use it this summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them buy Lukaku as he fits in well with their squad and has great resale potential.

Fairly clear that Mourinho doesn't rate him seeing as he chose Ba, Torres and an aging Eto'o over him

I recall that Lukaku didn't want to work under Mourinho and went over his head to get a loan, rather than the alternative?

I recall that Lukaku didn't want to work under Mourinho and went over his head to get a loan, rather than the alternative?

Apparently Mourinho isnt a huge fan of developing youth...would rather splash the cash for the finished product.

His loss is our gain hopefully. I doubt this will come through, but if it does, Ill get the first shirt.

Martinez was saying the other week they saved money from their last budget and including sales of players, they're looking to use it this summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them buy Lukaku as he fits in well with their squad and has great resale potential.

We have one big advantage over Everton in terms of funds, our squad is bloated and we need to sell during the summer, we could easily raise £50 million if we sell 4-5 unproductive players, Everton do not have a giant squad that needs trimming like we do and its money bit sentiment that Chelsea will want.

We have one big advantage over Everton in terms of funds, our squad is bloated and we need to sell during the summer, we could easily raise £50 million if we sell 4-5 unproductive players, Everton do not have a giant squad that needs trimming like we do and its money bit sentiment that Chelsea will want.

Key players for them this season are loans, they will need to buy a few in the summer no matter what.

Simply cannot see how they can afford Lukaku

Next striker we get should a prem player, lukaku, remy, bony or benteke would be fine with me.

I think a bit much is made of "Should be a prem player". Players move domestically and dont produce shit. Alternatively players come in from abroad and are a massive success.

Im more interested in the "right" player than where they are from. For example, what if we had gone for Negredo instead of Soldado?

Back
Top Bottom