Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Key players for them this season are loans, they will need to buy a few in the summer no matter what.

Simply cannot see how they can afford Lukaku

Who other than Lukaku? Barry is on a free after the loan, Traore has been injured and Deulofeu is a squad player and at any rate Barca were never going to sell him.

I mean that they are 4pts ahead of us with a game in hand and have +22 better goal difference, and can stll make the CL
Valid points. But they`re also based in merseyside, have a lower wage structure, a shit ground, and the glamour of a cows arse covered in flies

Valid points. But they`re also based in merseyside, have a lower wage structure, a shit ground, and the glamour of a cows arse covered in flies

Well at least they are not a crisis club. The only way I can imagine any deal being struck with players now, is by Levy telling them that we have a new manager 100% and its a top name, and that player x,y and z are definately staying.

Mad to join us now otherwise.

They have an exciting project, much like what we all thought we had at the beginning of this season. Of course, players are people, and people have different values. But for footballing reasons, I'd probably stay with Everton if I was Romelu..

I mean that they are 4pts ahead of us with a game in hand and have +22 better goal difference, and can stll make the CL

I think AS A TEAM they are light years ahead of us at the moment. They have a way of playing, they know who should be doing what and they all pull in the same direction.

Who other than Lukaku? Barry is on a free after the loan, Traore has been injured and Deulofeu is a squad player and at any rate Barca were never going to sell him.

I didnt realise Barry would be on a free, though its not a given he would join Everton. His wages will be high at City and I dare say he would be an expensive aquisition (albeit with no up front fee).

Traore hasnt done much, but I think Deulofeu has been quite important for them when he plays.

As of June they will need to replace a pivotal CM, their main source of goals and a quality Attacking player...

I didnt realise Barry would be on a free, though its not a given he would join Everton. His wages will be high at City and I dare say he would be an expensive aquisition (albeit with no up front fee).

Traore hasnt done much, but I think Deulofeu has been quite important for them when he plays.

As of June they will need to replace a pivotal CM, their main source of goals and a quality Attacking player...

I'd be surprised if Barry went elsewhere unless a top 4 team came calling, which Everton may well be one. He will know he won't get the same wages he gets at City either so who knows. Also they've had Darren Gibson out the whole season so if anything CM is the one position they will certainly need to beef up either way.

Agree about Lukaku, they really need to find a couple of good strikers next season, that said Kone has been out the whole season so they will have one decent striker back for next season.

In terms of attacking assets they will have Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Oviedo and McGeady vying for 3 attacking spots even without Deulofeu, I believe McGeady was brought in, in January, in preparation - unless they upgrade they should be fine - I don't think they've played the same 3 attacking midfielders the whole season in back to back games.

I think AS A TEAM they are light years ahead of us at the moment. They have a way of playing, they know who should be doing what and they all pull in the same direction.

Martinez has got them playing as a team, plus he's had his first choice GK and defenders available most of the season until recently which always helps.

Before anyone has a go at Soldado too much, and over exaggerates Lukaku's season...

Lukaku - 13 goals in 26
Soldado - 11 goals in 34

Considering Soldado has been played out of position, been benched and had his balls kicked in under sherwood, has had quite terrible personal problems off field and has had to adapt, there's not exactly a sure fire thing going on here. Lukaku has potential and age, but isn't necessarily an instant fix.

Lukaku would be not too different in this shower of shit we call an attacking team lately

We have one big advantage over Everton in terms of funds, our squad is bloated and we need to sell during the summer, we could easily raise £50 million if we sell 4-5 unproductive players, Everton do not have a giant squad that needs trimming like we do and its money bit sentiment that Chelsea will want.

They sold Fellaini for nearly £30m, they're sitting on a lot of cash.

They have an exciting project, much like what we all thought we had at the beginning of this season. Of course, players are people, and people have different values. But for footballing reasons, I'd probably stay with Everton if I was Romelu..

haha fucking "projects" #AMF

Think Lukaku has burnt his bridges with Mourinho. Saying that, Chelasa would probably rather keep him and let him rot in the reserves than sell him to us.

I think Mourinho is on a hardcore major squad revamp and trophy hunting mission next season, seeing that two potential trophies this season had almost turned into zero trophies in one week.

A lot of deadweights at Chelsea to be removed, a lot of quality/expensive players to be brought in during the summer. And if the sale of Lukaku can finance the likes of Diego Costa, so be it. Though it is uncertain whether they will want to sell to us after the Modric incident.

Lukaku is a quality player who can easily be our first-team striker. He's like a mini Drogba. Feed good crosses to him and he will do good in the box. That said, he is still rough at the edges, we need a manager who's not a total nincompoop to bring out the best in him.

Not sure if it's already been said but Spurs and Chelsea don't do business. Lukaku is a no chance. Willian was the final nail in the coffin.

This is different, Chelsea need money it will be the highest bidder, they will simply try and get as much money as possible out of us. We wanted to keep modric and Chelsea wanted willian, this time there is mutual interest as long as we pay more than Everton.

Before anyone has a go at Soldado too much, and over exaggerates Lukaku's season...

Lukaku - 13 goals in 26
Soldado - 11 goals in 34

Considering Soldado has been played out of position, been benched and had his balls kicked in under sherwood, has had quite terrible personal problems off field and has had to adapt, there's not exactly a sure fire thing going on here. Lukaku has potential and age, but isn't necessarily an instant fix.

Lukaku would be not too different in this shower of shit we call an attacking team lately

This is pretty misleading considering you're counting Soldado's EL goals and penalties which Lukaku doesn't have the luxury of. Soldado could obviously come good but I'm also still worried he isn't big and strong enough to be a lone striker in the Prem. He's looked best when him and Adebayor have paired together.

Back
Top Bottom