Rooney ban

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know what England are, just saying the media don't. And they do love to build something up then body slam it after its been knocked out. Why exatly? Who are the talking for? Themselves or the nation? Or does the nation generally follow the medias lead?

What's tragic is that everyone is talking about Rooney and his ban. Illustrates how much we lack in true talent. But no probs, lets ignore the true reasons why we struggle on the world stage and with producing true world class talent and just keep on plodding along with mentions to '66.

spooky said:
I know what England are, just saying the media don't. And they do love to build something up then body slam it after its been knocked out. Why exatly? Who are the talking for? Themselves or the nation? Or does the nation generally follow the medias lead?

What's tragic is that everyone is talking about Rooney and his ban. Illustrates how much we lack in true talent. But no probs, lets ignore the true reasons why we struggle on the world stage and with producing true world class talent and just keep on plodding along with mentions to '66.
the meeja are cunts, the hyperbole they spout mean nothing to me. They build up everything to knock it down, not sure why our national team will be any different. Doesn't bother me in the slightest how they spin it, since they fucked with the national team before Italia 90 and ended up sucking off Bobby Robson after I just ignore it. They were the reason he left after the world cup.

Couldn't care less what they say about Rooney either. Similar to Redknapp in the press, I just take it with a pinch of sale and not get upset about it.

Rooney is a brass shagging fuzzy felt headed pikey. He is a total creature and I can't believe we as the people of England accept him into our civilisation as humans.

He is sub human.

Mr Vexed said:
Rooney is a brass shagging fuzzy felt headed pikey. He is a total creature and I can't believe we as the people of England accept him into our civilisation as humans.

He is sub human.

Look, don't pull your punches, this is an open forum, tell us what you really think :biggrin:

Mr Vexed said:

He is sub human.
:roflmao:

in any other walk of life other than football, we would condemn this complete turd as scum of the earth, jeremy kyle material if you like.

just because he is a footballer he is embraced! amazing what a bit of status does for you, he's had more chances than pete doherty in rehab. scum of the earth. and this is all without factoring in the fact that he is scouse (which explains a lot really).

I honestly couldn't care less...

...which sums up how I feel about the whole England setup anyway.

I much prefer watching the other teams at the World Cup and Euro's, you knwo the one's that actually play like football teams and take it seriously.

England are just a bunch of mis-matched individuals who are cobbled together once in every blue-moon to try and play football. I might actually care again when we look to build a team rather than just picking the 'best (using the term loosely)' english players.

Benjoss said:
I honestly couldn't care less...

...which sums up how I feel about the whole England setup anyway.

I much prefer watching the other teams at the World Cup and Euro's, you knwo the one's that actually play like football teams and take it seriously.

England are just a bunch of mis-matched individuals who are cobbled together once in every blue-moon to try and play football. I might actually care again when we look to build a team rather than just picking the 'best (using the term loosely)' english players.

damn straight.

euro 2008 for example was better for england not being there. i actually adopted croatia as my team (as it was the first proper look i got to see modric other than that game at wembley) because we signed him obviously before that season finished. i really enjoyed it all, and following them was far better than watching england.

i honestly do think the media ruin tornaments for us supporters. they just do not know when to shut up, and they overhype every single thing i.e. who gives a fuck what hotel the team stays in? every single little detail covered, what suits they will be wearing, WHO GIVES A FUCK?!?! they are there to play football and it's all we are interested in at the end of the day. i've never enjoyed watching england to be fair, going back to the days when we barely had one in the whole squad. but as i say the hype is just vulgar IMO.

after the whole robbo thing as well, i think i just had enough, i couldn't quite believe how much he was slaughtered!

Robbo was shit towards the end, the 2006 World Cup ruined him, the Croatia debacle was the final nail in the coffin for him.

The F.A. gave Rooney a two match ban for swearing into a camera in the height of angry celebration, yet the F.A. are going to appeal against Rooney's three match UEFA ban for kicking some poor sod in the leg...hmm.

Mr Vexed said:
euro 2008 for example was better for england not being there. i actually adopted croatia as my team (as it was the first proper look i got to see modric other than that game at wembley) because we signed him obviously before that season finished. i really enjoyed it all, and following them was far better than watching england.

I was on my stag do in Barcelona for the final. Obviously we were all supporting Spain. The atmosphere was amazing and the celebrations afterwards, I'd love to have seen that in England.

On the night of the final my so-called mates made me wear a Germany shirt. It back-fired when the bar we watched the game in had more Germans than Spanish in there. I still felt wrong though...

At the end of the day Spurs provide me with enough of a rollercoaster ride, I haven't got the energy to add the disappointment of England on top.

Mr Vexed said:
in any other walk of life other than football, we would condemn this complete turd as scum of the earth, jeremy kyle material if you like.

just because he is a footballer he is embraced! amazing what a bit of status does for you, he's had more chances than pete doherty in rehab. scum of the earth. and this is all without factoring in the fact that he is scouse (which explains a lot really).

Calm down dear.

It's not like he's killed someone, gets smacked up, kidnapped a 12 yo and sole him to Wenger, then shit on your mum is it?

He kicked someone on a football pitch, and shagged a couple of hookers. I bet 90% of people on here have done that, and the other 10% did it the other way round

Yeah, but we're not millionaires nor are we idolised.

I don't follow England because I can't turn off my hate for most of the players playing.

AF3F54EB311461276763CF1FCD90.jpg
Nuff said

Back
Top Bottom