Roy Keane.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was a different time in football then, we've no one with any bollocks in midfield at all tbh.

Correct.

Only Sissoko has obvious physical strength, Ndombele's will come with time.

Look at City as well for all their artistry. Now with Fernandinho out of the midfield equation they lack oomph.

Liverpool for sure, United to a lesser degree and definitely Woolwich have midfield biters which you always need. When talking Liverpool though, they also have the other bits.

But Keane in our midfield over the last 5 years would have seen us with medals and more red cards.

Inspirational leader but definitely bonkers.

For me, it’s a player like Keane - as much for the mentality as for the controlling warrior in the middle of the park (we need both) - that we desperately need. We’ve always had a great squad in recent years but that mental toughness, sharpness and intense focus on winning, giving your all and never settling for failure has been too clearly absent.

For me, it’s a player like Keane - as much for the mentality as for the controlling warrior in the middle of the park (we need both) - that we desperately need. We’ve always had a great squad in recent years but that mental toughness, sharpness and intense focus on winning, giving your all and never settling for failure has been too clearly absent.

I'm in... Where do they sell 'em? :)

We've needed one for years. I was saying during Poch's first couple of seasons we should of signed an experienced head in the middle of the park to steer us through games but we never got one. We could well of been sitting here with a league title had we done something like that. Mourinho is a bit wiser and knows we need experience and leaders in the team. He's always had them.

N'Keane has nuff potential.....
Just read that the captain of Cameroon is Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui so you’d get two N’s for the price of one... and if we start charging names on shirts by the letter like the good old days, think of the merch revenue!

:levywhoa: :levylol:

There's one thing being honest, and even critical, but he is rude to the point of obnoxious. Probably why he gets chosen to be a pundit. Think more people are talking about Keane than the game, Sky know what they're doing.

In some ways Keane was speaking like any fan would after conceding a goal like that. We’d all be fuming if it was the other way round. Imagine the vitriol that would have been sent e.g. Lloris’s way or Dier’s way if we’d done it. It shows the passion in him and how much he cares. It also shows that’s he lacks professionalism and composure by today’s standards, and that he’s completely unemployable as a manager!

In some ways Keane was speaking like any fan would after conceding a goal like that. We’d all be fuming if it was the other way round. Imagine the vitriol that would have been sent e.g. Lloris’s way or Dier’s way if we’d done it. It shows the passion in him and how much he cares. It also shows that’s he lacks professionalism and composure by today’s standards, and that he’s completely unemployable as a manager!
Exactly, fans are biased, but pundits shouldn't be employed on that basis or just get them to comment on teams they didn't play for. Or at least have someone from the opposite team to give it a bit of balance.

I think Roy Keane has become knowledgable about how the general fans view him and he is massively playing up to it. He's become a caricature of how he was, even though he was a miserable, spiteful bastard then.

Exactly, fans are biased, but pundits shouldn't be employed on that basis or just get them to comment on teams they didn't play for. Or at least have someone from the opposite team to give it a bit of balance.

Sadly the complete opposite happens these days. There is zero integrity in commentating and they only cater to their largest demographics regardless of who is playing.

Dippers will tune in to watch Palace v Watford if a scouser is on the box because they are hot property right now. It'll take another 5-10 years of Manure not winning anything for the former manc pundits to disappear from the screen.

I think it took Martin Keown until the 2nd minute of a cup game with us to mention Spurs not winning a trophy in a long time. We are not their audience.

I think Roy Keane has become knowledgable about how the general fans view him and he is massively playing up to it. He's become a caricature of how he was, even though he was a miserable, spiteful bastard then.
Who wouldn't love to have that bastard Roy Keane in their team....

Back
Top Bottom