Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And IF no evidence is found will the social media judge & jury make an apology? No. Will 'experts' like Lineker and Neville apologise? No.

I detest racists as much as anyone on here but this modern phenonomen to be the first to find people guilty of something without any proof whatsoever is worrying.
I was just about to post something very similar but you saved me the trouble.

I’m fucking appalled how quick and proud people are to say ‘where’s his evidence?’ What the fuck did you think he was gonna do, pull an iPhone out of his sock and start recording? This shit is happening every week, something needs to be done and if it wasn’t a Spurs fan then it’s occurring somewhere else throughout Europe. Don’t take it as an attack on our club, it’s not. Rudiger even said it’s nothing to do with Spurs as a club, which is I thought was a really nice touch. There is ZERO chance that he is lying about this, does anyone in their right mind think a player of colour would do that considering the current fruitless attempts to combat racism as football. Honestly the people jumping on Rudiger as if he’s done something wrong can follow the cunts responsible the fuck away from our game.

I doubt if he made it up. That isn't an option really. I do think there is a very strong chance he mid-heard something. At least i hope that is the outcome.

As said by all but one poster, if proven the culprit/culprits shoud be banned. No ifs or buts.

Yeah on TWITTER .... is that now where we all report crimes?

If I post on TWITTER saying I thought I heard you having doggy sex so you must be into bestiality, would that be OK ... again I'm being facetious just to make a point

Exactly what point are you trying to make? The only point I see you making is making yourself and your fellow Spurs supporters look bad.

He reported what he heard during the game as appropriate. He then used his twitter account to say he was disappointed to hear racist abuse, that he knows it was a couple of idiots and not all of Tottenham, and that he hopes with all the cameras, witnesses, etc that the culprits will be found. What exactly do you have a problem with???

Honestly, just stop. Think about if this happened to a Spurs player and how you would react to that. Then have that reaction.

I’m fucking appalled how quick and proud people are to say ‘where’s his evidence?’ What the fuck did you think he was gonna do, pull an iPhone out of his sock and start recording? This shit is happening every week, something needs to be done and if it wasn’t a Spurs fan then it’s occurring somewhere else throughout Europe. Don’t take it as an attack on our club, it’s not. Rudiger even said it’s nothing to do with Spurs as a club, which is I thought was a really nice touch. There is ZERO chance that he is lying about this, does anyone in their right mind think a player of colour would do that considering the current fruitless attempts to combat racism as football. Honestly the people jumping on Rudiger as if he’s done something wrong can follow the cunts responsible the fuck away from our game.

Where's your evidence - the law is innocent until proven guilty - even in convict land. It is possible he miss-heard wouldn't be the first time.

There is ZERO chance that you have the first clue, let an investigation run its course before you become judge, jury and executioner.

Sadly I fear you may be proven right, but until you are I will keep the faith - Spurs fans are not racist.

Honestly the people jumping on fellow Spurs fans as if they've done something wrong can follow the cunts responsible the fuck away from our game. (sic)

Exactly what point are you trying to make? The only point I see you making is making yourself and your fellow Spurs supporters look bad.

He reported what he heard during the game as appropriate. He then used his twitter account to say he was disappointed to hear racist abuse, that he knows it was a couple of idiots and not all of Tottenham, and that he hopes with all the cameras, witnesses, etc that the culprits will be found. What exactly do you have a problem with???

Honestly, just stop. Think about if this happened to a Spurs player and how you would react to that. Then have that reaction.

Stick with guilty until proven innocent if you want, I sincerely hope that never happens to you or anyone you know ... guarantee you will feel different if it does.

I have never said he made it up - but so far out of 62,000 people quite a few of whom were much nearer to the alleged chanting than him, a total of ZERO have heard what he thought he heard ... what bit about he might have miss-heard do you not understand?
So the questions remains....why are you having a go at Rudiger?

I find it hard to believe it happened (and hope it didn't) - but that not to say it didn't, so we'll wait for the results of any investigation.

It's even possible that Rudiger misheard. Let's face it, that clown Robbie off Arse Fan TV, accused Spurs fans of being racist and calling him a "black c**t" whereas they were calling him a "fat c**t". And he was about 5 feet away from them!

Of course he should and he rightly did - but the monkey impersonation and the accusations now all over twitter that's bang out of order.
So your problem is with Twitter?

If so, do you not see your own comments towards the player make it really difficult for other players to feel brave enough to report it. Just applaud it. Encourage it. I read into your comments that you are upset with him. Not once have you praised him, quite the opposite, you are finding criticism of him. Odd.

What a dumb thing to say.. Of course we need to see evidence. Have you never been to a stadium before? Who said Rudiger should recorded the alleged incident? Get a grip.
We have said that every seat in that stadium is covered by state of the art cameras, so surely there would be footage supporting his claim?
There are also other people in that section and many of them would be filming constantly, so they should have evidence too no?

Preposterous. You are making us all look bad with this nonsense. Rudiger didn't make it up. Why would he? You think that would get him LESS stick from the crowd? He either is correct, or he misheard.

I mean, has there ever been a case in the history of football where a player intentionally made up a false accusation of hearing racist chants?

Where did I say he did you Tit?
Learn to read before spouting Bollocks.

Stick with guilty until proven innocent if you want, I sincerely hope that never happens to you or anyone you know ... guarantee you will feel different if it does.
You've got me all wrong, mate. I have said over and over again on this thread that either it's true or he misheard. I'm not supporting a rush to judgement at all. It's YOU who has been having a go at Rudiger for some reason for reporting racist abuse. Yes, OF COURSE it's what he believed he heard, not necessarily what was said. That is inherent in the situation.

No one is saying the player has to provide evidence, but there are hundreds of cameras and microphones, as well as 60,000 other people in that stadium.....currently not one single other supporting photo, audio, report, etc seems to be out there.

What a dumb thing to say.. Of course we need to see evidence. Have you never been to a stadium before? Who said Rudiger should recorded the alleged incident? Get a grip.
We have said that every seat in that stadium is covered by state of the art cameras, so surely there would be footage supporting his claim?
There are also other people in that section and many theyof them would be filming constantly, so they should have evidence too no?

In the old ground, a head steward told me that the police cameras could pick you out for wrongdoing in 6 seconds. I imagine they are even more state of the art in the new place.

You've got me all wrong, mate. I have said over and over again on this thread that either it's true or he misheard. I'm not supporting a rush to judgement at all. It's YOU who has been having a go at Rudiger for some reason for reporting racist abuse. Yes, OF COURSE it's what he believed he heard, not necessarily what was said. That is inherent in the situation.

And so did I, yet you chose to ignore that and make bullshit up.

Where did I say he did you Tit?
Learn to read before spouting Bollocks.
You're right, you didn't say that he might have made it up. I apologize.

But your post is still focusing on the wrong issue. You are suggesting that other players in the future will intentionally make up accusations if they are getting stick, and that something must be done to prevent that. This should absolutely be the last thing anybody is concerned about, and we should not be making players think twice about reporting racist abuse.

So your problem is with Twitter?

If so, do you not see your own comments towards the player make it really difficult for other players to feel brave enough to report it. Just applaud it. Encourage it. I read into your comments that you are upset with him. Not once have you praised him, quite the opposite, you are finding criticism of him. Odd.
You're just deliberately missing the point

I applaud Rudiger for reporting what he though he heard - there is no place at all for that behaviour and if proven then lifetime bans are a minimum punishment - but I abhor the way he's plastered his accusations all over the media without a shred of evidence to back them up, worse is the fact that the PFA, Media and cunt Commentators have all taken it as gospel ...

Imagine accusing somebody of an offence and that person(s) life is ruined only to later find you got it wrong ... it happens.

That's why we have due process - report the allegation let the authorities do their job ...

If Rudiger had kept this low key other players would have felt fine with the same low key reporting, it's his posts that make this headline news, not my few lines on a football website, if you think my comments "make it really difficult for other players to feel brave enough to report it" you're smoking the wrong baccy.

No one is saying the player has to provide evidence, but there are hundreds of cameras and microphones, as well as 60,000 other people in that stadium.....currently not one single other supporting photo, audio, report, etc seems to be out there.
Have Spurs made available the footage of their CCTV? Would they ever do this anyway? Err No and no.

Back
Top Bottom