Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He very explicitly has accused one or two Spurs fans of being racist, he's repeated that claim over and over despite having so far provided zero evidence, he claims that he thought he heard racist chanting from "one or two" people out of 62,000 ... an accusation he made again to the ref in the 80th minute.

There is a very clear procedure for reporting alleged on field abuse - tell your captain, or an official, nowhere does it say make monkey impressions towards the bench .... but hey he did.

From all that we're hearing Rudiger may have got this wrong, dozens of cameras and microphones have so far found nothing, not a single Spurs fan in that section has so far come forward ... you think the club and the fans are all part of some mass cover-up?

Fact is I will always defend our reputation, don't confuse that with justifying abuse, there is not and never will be an excuse for racist behaviour, if this has happened and fan(s) are found guilty they will have shamed us all and deserve a lifetime ban (and a quiet chat) but until that happens fans and the club remain innocent.

Not that the PFA gives a fuck about due process - "We are disgusted and dismayed that once again, a Premier League fixture has been tainted by abuse from the stands towards players" - if this turns out to be unproven Levy should head up a class action by all Spurs fans for defamation against the PFA.
Again, why are you so defensive? Why are you not applauding him for reporting it?

He did exactly as he is encouraged to do so. The response was exactly as is what is supposed to happen with their Captain reporting it to the ref who then reported it to fourth official where a message was then made by public announcement. (It would seem there is some confusion about the further use of public announcements).

What else are you expecting from those involved to be doing here?

Of course I believe him, there is no reason for him to make that up.
Yes but you believed Labour would win an election so we all know your 'beliefs' are a bit suspect. I want to believe that no fan is stupid enough knowing that TV, Stewards, Police and other Fans will be on him in a second, to do the monkey dance ... and that indeed if he did he wouldn't have made it out of the row without being nicked. So I believe that Rudiger heard wrong ....

The facts are Rudiger has made a very serious allegation that now needs to be proven - if it is heads will rightly roll as indeed they should - but until then your 'belief' just like mine are meaningless ...

Last edited:
Are you trolling?
Of course I am hence the 'I'm being facetious to make a point' .... the rush to judgement we see on just about everything these days is insidious ... just like the accusation by Robbie on AFTV that he was called a 'black cunt' outside Spurs ground when later his own AFTV film crew evidence showed it was 'fat cunt' ... the damage was already done.

Trial by media and social media is already over - all Spurs fans are now racists ... you happy with that?

I think there are only 3 options
1. he is making it up for some reason
2. there were monkey chants
3. he misheard something

I hope it no3, and we can prove it was something misheard

I’ve never once heard anything racist and I’ve been going for 20 years

If it did happen then the people doing it are not spurs fans, we don’t want them anywhere near our club.
Get the Victoria line to Brixton, a bus to Tulse Hill and a train to South Bermondsey - you’ll fit right in at the den

Again, why are you so defensive? Why are you not applauding him for reporting it?

He did exactly as he is encouraged to do so. The response was exactly as is what is supposed to happen with their Captain reporting it to the ref who then reported it to fourth official where a message was then made by public announcement. (It would seem there is some confusion about the further use of public announcements).

What else are you expecting from those involved to be doing here?

Why are his accusatory tweets appearing in every newspaper on the planet? does he have conclusive proof none of us are aware off? is that in the PFA how to respond manual?

No confusion Spurs made 10 minute announcements, they were only informed by the officials once so they only announced the first level warning. In fact Rudiger made at least two seperate complaints to officials (again in the 80th minute) at that point the game should under EPL rules have been stopped and a second different announcement made before it resumed.

I've seen false accusations ruin peoples lives, Rudiger may 100% believe he heard Spurs fans making monkey chants, but until at least a few of the 60,000 who were there, or another player, or the stewards, or the police, or the microphones, or the TV cameras back up what he thought he heard ... then why are you so convinced Spurs fans are guilty?

If guilt is proven throw the book at them, but until that happens there's only one man's thoughts on what he might have heard, and we all make mistakes.

So a whole new day and still not one shred of evidence supporting the claim.
In all other cases, evidence is produced within minutes.

And IF no evidence is found will the social media judge & jury make an apology? No. Will 'experts' like Lineker and Neville apologise? No.

I detest racists as much as anyone on here but this modern phenonomen to be the first to find people guilty of something without any proof whatsoever is worrying.

Why are his accusatory tweets appearing in every newspaper on the planet? does he have conclusive proof none of us are aware off? is that in the PFA how to respond manual?

No confusion Spurs made 10 minute announcements, they were only informed by the officials once so they only announced the first level warning. In fact Rudiger made at least two seperate complaints to officials (again in the 80th minute) at that point the game should under EPL rules have been stopped and a second different announcement made before it resumed.

I've seen false accusations ruin peoples lives, Rudiger may 100% believe he heard Spurs fans making monkey chants, but until at least a few of the 60,000 who were there, or another player, or the stewards, or the police, or the microphones, or the TV cameras back up what he thought he heard ... then why are you so convinced Spurs fans are guilty?

If guilt is proven throw the book at them, but until that happens there's only one man's thoughts on what he might have heard, and we all make mistakes.
If he’s been racially abused he should report it. Yes or No?

You are conflating a media rush to judgement with Rudiger reporting what he heard. The former you are free and clear to have a go at. The latter you are not.

Rudiger may have misheard. Or he may be right. But he reported what he believed he heard, which was the right thing to do.

And IF no evidence is found will the social media judge & jury make an apology? No. Will 'experts' like Lineker and Neville apologise? No.

I detest racists as much as anyone on here but this modern phenonomen to be the first to find people guilty of something without any proof whatsoever is worrying.

Spot on. Like I said from the start, if anyone has done this then throw the book at them , if not and Rudiger mistook monkey chants for booing due to his play acting, then also something must be done because this could open a can of worms for any player to use this when getting stick from the crowd.

Fuck off Neville

Couldn’t give a shit 15 years ago about sitting next to players who were racially abused constantly, but now your older you do.

What a crock of shite.
Probably wanted to get on message very quick. Good chance that he didn't want the media dragging up an interview from his playing days where He defended the 'I would rather be a p*** than a Turk song'.

You are conflating a media rush to judgement with Rudiger reporting what he heard. The former you are free and clear to have a go at. The latter you are not.

Rudiger may have misheard. Or he may be right. But he reported what he believed he heard, which was the right thing to do.

I agree. But what happens if or when no evidence is found?

You sling enough mud some of it sticks.

'SPURS DAY OF SHAME' was one headline.

Spot on. Like I said from the start, if anyone has done this then throw the book at them but if not and Rudiger mistook monkey chants for booing due to his play acting then also something must be done because this could open a can of worms for any player to use this when getting stick from the crowd.

Preposterous. You are making us all look bad with this nonsense. Rudiger didn't make it up. Why would he? You think that would get him LESS stick from the crowd? He either is correct, or he misheard.

I mean, has there ever been a case in the history of football where a player intentionally made up a false accusation of hearing racist chants?

I’m fucking appalled how quick and proud people are to say ‘where’s his evidence?’ What the fuck did you think he was gonna do, pull an iPhone out of his sock and start recording? This shit is happening every week, something needs to be done and if it wasn’t a Spurs fan then it’s occurring somewhere else throughout Europe. Don’t take it as an attack on our club, it’s not. Rudiger even said it’s nothing to do with Spurs as a club, which is I thought was a really nice touch. There is ZERO chance that he is lying about this, does anyone in their right mind think a player of colour would do that considering the current fruitless attempts to combat racism as football. Honestly the people jumping on Rudiger as if he’s done something wrong can follow the cunts responsible the fuck away from our game.

Yeah on TWITTER .... is that now where we all report crimes?

If I post on TWITTER saying I thought I heard you having doggy sex so you must be into beastiality, would that be OK ... again I'm being facetious just to make a point

Preposterous. You are making us all look bad with this nonsense. Rudiger didn't make it up. Why would he? You think that would get him LESS stick from the crowd? He either is correct, or he misheard.

I have never said he made it up - but so far out of 62,000 people quite a few of whom were much nearer to the alleged chanting than him, a total of ZERO have heard what he thought he heard ... what bit about he might have miss-heard do you not understand?

Yes but you believed Labour would win an election so we all know your 'beliefs' are a bit suspect

The facts are Rudiger has made a very serious allegation that now needs to be proven - if it is heads will rightly roll as they should - but until then your 'belief' is meaningless ...
Absolute rubbish.
First of all, I never made one post saying Labour would win, very much the opposite in fact.

Secondly even if I did say that, it has no connection at all with what happened yesterday.

Thirdly I said I believed him, I didn’t say the allegation didn't have to proven. I just think he is genuine about what he heard.

Back
Top Bottom