Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the complete embarrassment of our defeat at Wembley, is it already time to ask Powell and King to take over. At least Powell has experience of 1st team management.
He was completely out of his depth and nearly gave points away to Southampton who are currently the worst side in the Prem.
He accepted a poisoned chalice from Levi. All of the backroom should have refused to be scapegoats.
The ego competition between Levi and Jose left us with no chance of the cup, but go now before we all start to hate you.
You cannot hate the guy because Levy gave him an opportunity. Career cut short he had to take a chance, a chance he should never have been given
i won’t hate him for failing at something he wasn’t equipped or ready to do . However Levy should know after twenty years what he is doing , my anger is directed at him

People going oh he’s one of us, he should be given free reign, he loves the club. Really?? Why didn’t we bring in Tactics Tim since he at least has experience? Or Harry? Seriously. We need to start acting like a club with a plan to win things, like any serious football club. I’m sick and tired of the excuses and goalposts shifting every time.

If Ryan isn’t good enough he isn’t good enough. It doesn’t matter whether he’s 29 or 109. Are you good enough to lead this club to glory? 5 games, 50 games doesn’t matter. Can you do the job required? The answer is no I’m afraid.

Gone backwards with Jose, going historical with Ryan, albeit only for 5 games. Fact.

IMO the defence gave 100% yesterday and were very good. Mason made a couple of dodgy choices and it didn't quite work. But he gave Bale more of a game and we didn't get beat by a cricket score. Youngest manager of all time to take the reigns in a league cup final, with 6 days to prepare. I think he did a pretty good job. We were close enough to have nicked it with a counter attack goal.
You are easily pleased

You can't really sack him, he's not the manager. He's just assumed the duties for a short-period until the new manager is appointed.

I think his actual role is Head of Youth Development and he should go back to doing that at the end of the season.

Actually fuck it yeah, thinking about it, good plan, let's get Captain America in to do the job.

The NEW one too, so he can kick racism's arse aswell as Woolwich's.

Ryan ain’t manager material

I’m Spurs till I die but sorry I’m not drinking the cool aid. Seen that rubbish at Liverpool with king kenny and all their “best in the werrrryeeeeelllddddd in their position” players. Lamps at chelski also

Yeah, enjoy that kool aid guys. Ryan’s a club legend but he ain’t manager material. And right now we are *****

This fucking place sometimes....

No wonder everyone hates us!!

As Radiohead once said:
"you do it to yourself, you do,
And that's what really hurts
Is that you do it to yourself, just you
You and no one else
You do it to yourself
You do it to yourself"

IMO the defence gave 100% yesterday and were very good. Mason made a couple of dodgy choices and it didn't quite work. But he gave Bale more of a game and we didn't get beat by a cricket score. Youngest manager of all time to take the reigns in a league cup final, with 6 days to prepare. I think he did a pretty good job. We were close enough to have nicked it with a counter attack goal.
We were close enough I agree and he killed any chance we had stone dead by bringing on Sissoko and taking off Moura

Son or Winks should have gone or both and bring on Bale and Tanguay and have a fucking go

But no way will I ever hate Ryan for doing his best in a job Levy knew fine well he was ill equipped to do

Ryan ain’t manager material

I’m Spurs till I die but sorry I’m not drinking the cool aid. Seen that rubbish at Liverpool with king kenny and all their “best in the werrrryeeeeelllddddd in their position” players. Lamps at chelski also

Yeah, enjoy that kool aid guys. Ryan’s a club legend but he ain’t manager material. And right now we are *****
Hes a club legend?!!! wtf.

We were close enough I agree and he killed any chance we had stone dead by bringing on Sissoko and taking off Moura

Son or Winks should have gone or both and bring on Bale and Tanguay and have a fucking go

But no way will I ever hate Ryan for doing his best in a job Levy knew fine well he was ill equipped to do
Agree, the subs were a bit dodgy. Bale and Tanguy deserved a game. Moura deserved to play on. Mason did his best and it wasn't that bad. Defensively actually, I thought that was one of our best of the season. But there's no need to hate him, like you say. What was any coach supposed to do? 6 days to prepare for any coach in the world?!!
The team going forward didn't quite click yesterday, so I don't think you can pin it all on Mason for his choices. He had to make decisions and somebody would have been left out. You can't put all our players on at the same time. After a good game midweek, I was hoping for something more from Bale. Not sure if Harry was 100% after doing his ankle the week before...

Maybe not, but everyone feels sorry for him. Hence the kool aid

Question Brian and get cancelled. Apparently I’m on spiderspurs ignore list now (still manages to dislike all my posts so clearly a lie)
He played one full season for us where we ended up with fewer points then the Sherwood/AVB season. Not even close to legend. Sissoko is a bigger spurs legend than him.

Back
Top Bottom