Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus Christ we have some incredibly soppy fans

I like Mason but giving him the job this summer would be unforgivable

Why?

What have we achieved with high-profile appointments?

I'd be happy with Nagelsmann if that's what it is.

Would be just as happy if it was Mason.

Club has no identity after 2 negative cheque-book big names. If the next big name is also a flop, that becomes the club's identity.

I didn't notice them being on the front foot when they went down 3-0 right out of the box. And they sure weren't against Newcastle where Mason was part of the staff that prepared the team for that debacle. Just because you've stood near train wrecks doesn't make you an engineer.

Don’t blame the Newcastle game on Mason

100% on Stellini

Good fucking riddance

Why?

What have we achieved with high-profile appointments?

I'd be happy with Nagelsmann if that's what it is.

Would be just as happy if it was Mason.

Club has no identity after 2 negative cheque-book big names. If the next big name is also a flop, that becomes the club's identity.

Just because the club failed with two high-profile managers whose football/attitude was the antithesis of the way we operate doesn't mean we go in the complete opposite direction and hire a complete novice with zero valid credentials to be handed the job.

Ffs, we need to be looking at finding the next Pochettino, not trying to pull an Ole, Lampard, Dalglish (second time) or Di Matteo. This would be Sherwood MKII, I don't doubt Mason has potential and more brains than Tactics Tim, but it would be recruitment based on nonsense 'give us our Spurs back' sentiment.

Thankfully, as much as I shit on Daniel I don't think he's stupid enough to go for it ... especially since I doubt we finish higher than 7th under Mason.

Who's alleged that there is a "cancerous clique"

Who's in it etc.?
Various talk over the years about players not taking responsibility, etc- Mason's Mates, Kane's Free Kicks, Dier the untouchable, Hugo the drink-drive captain, Pouty Winks, Lazy Alli, et al.

Selfish players, too comfortable of players, players not stepping up when it matters, players who favor their mates to the detriment of team performance.

Just because the club failed with two high-profile managers whose football/attitude was the antithesis of the way we operate doesn't mean we go in the complete opposite direction and hire a complete novice with zero valid credentials to be handed the job.

Ffs, we need to be looking at finding the next Pochettino, not trying to pull an Ole, Lampard, Dalglish (second time) or Di Matteo. This would be Sherwood MKII, I don't doubt Mason has potential and more brains than Tactics Tim, but it would be recruitment based on nonsense 'give us our Spurs back' sentiment.

Thankfully, as much as I shit on Daniel I don't think he's stupid enough to go for it ... especially since I doubt we finish higher than 7th under Mason.

Levy- who basically threw in the towel on the rest of the season by appointing nobody truly serious after Conte.

7th is blindingly optimistic imo; what fucking player who will improve our first XI in their right mind will join us with the narrative of the past 6 months, that we've got another WC manager in and fucking ruined him, got a cheapskate owner who'd rather give the job to Mason who'll do it for peanuts than get a manager in to match the ambition shown in the Poch years and the stadium build, big London club, big history etc. I don't dislike Mason but he's literally a small infant in managerial terms. Can't believe we've got fans asking us to bring in a bargain bin Fat Frank without even 1% of the credentials he had when he took the Chav job. Not to fucking mention he also cut his teeth at a champ club before getting the big job...

Various talk over the years about players not taking responsibility, etc- Mason's Mates, Kane's Free Kicks, Dier the untouchable, Hugo the drink-drive captain, Pouty Winks, Lazy Alli, et al.

Selfish players, too comfortable of players, players not stepping up when it matters, players who favor their mates to the detriment of team performance.

Not quite the cabal that "cancerous clique" suggests then......

You do realise much of what you listed (highlighted) is just fan concocted nonsense yeh?

But yes; Hugo did DD & Jose did call Dele lazy......

This is how our manager should be. Mason supports the players and comforts them like a father figure. Conte would have thrown them under the bus for what happened. I bet Mason will be supportive of moura. I love Mason and he is what we need right now. Mason loves the club.

Conte called ‘em out. No names but attacked the players.

This is just using vagueness to (insufficiently) qualify specifics.

Just using the above Dier thing as an example..... If he seems "untouchable" that's only cos a succession of managers have chosen to play him. Much like no-one forced Conte to make PEH his go to MFer.

The citation of Hugo's DD has nothing to do with Contes tantrum.

Ditto Dele & Winks whom are no longer here.

Who are all these "Mason's mates" that are suddenly being shoe-horned back into the team?

......And so on.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ we have some incredibly soppy fans

I like Mason but giving him the job this summer would be unforgivable
The short termism with some fans is incredible. 2 second half only credible performances and we see appoint Mason, keep Lenglet, Perisic, Danjuma etc. Reminds me in those last 3 games Sanchez played end of last season when basically he had nothing to do and it was suddenly Sanchez must stay. Thats worked out well.

Without a massive overhaul the next manager will fail.

The short termism with some fans is incredible. 2 second half only credible performances and we see appoint Mason, keep Lenglet, Perisic, Danjuma etc. Reminds me in those last 3 games Sanchez played end of last season when basically he had nothing to do and it was suddenly Sanchez must stay. Thats worked out well.

Without a massive overhaul
the next manager will fail.
Fixed it for you.

This is just using vagueness to (insufficiently) qualify specifics.

Just using the above Dier thing as an example..... If he seems "untouchable" that's only cos a succession of managers have chosen to play him. Much like no-one forced Conte to make PEH his go to MFer.

The citation of Hugo's DD has nothing to do with Contes tantrum.

Ditto Dele & Winks whom are no longer here.

Who are all these "Mason's mates" that are suddenly being shoe-horned back into the team?

......And so on.
Yes yes ultimately it comes down to your opinion of how great Dier is since he says all the right stuff and really seems to know how to play the PR game.

Meanwhile we’re shipping out a shit ton of goals, Dier making calamitous mistakes throughout his tenure, Conte hinting at so many things, and you’re still not sure if we should consider him part of the problem or not.

Ok dawg.

Yes yes ultimately it comes down to your opinion of how great Dier is since he says all the right stuff and really seems to know how to play the PR game.

No; Not my opinion....... But do you really think shit-kickers like Jose & Conte persist in playing Dier on the basis that he's mates with Mason?

Get real.

Meanwhile we’re shipping out a shit ton of goals, Dier making calamitous mistakes throughout his tenure, Conte hinting at so many things, and you’re still not sure if we should consider him part of the problem or not.

Ok dawg.

Load of strawman bollocks; I've made no assertion as to whether I think Dier is good or not.

The reality is that he ISN'T "untouchable"...... He's just seen as one of the better options we have.

I asked you to quantify who & what was the "cancerous clique" and what you've thrown back is tenuous as hell....

Lloris DD???? FFS.... I doubt Conte even knows about it.

Last edited:
This is how our manager should be. Mason supports the players and comforts them like a father figure. Conte would have thrown them under the bus for what happened. I bet Mason will be supportive of moura. I love Mason and he is what we need right now. Mason loves the club.
Jack Black Smile GIF

Cmon now, Mason's a kid. He's no father figure to anyone. Most of the players are his age ..or older in some cases. The only he can provide to them is some amazing tactics and coaching...and we dont know if hes got those.

Back
Top Bottom