Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if there is interest in him to be a manager for lower sides it seems a bit weird that he wouldn't explore those opportunities especially since he thinks he can be our full time manager.

Meh. Personally think he needs to fly the nest & go get a coaching gig of his own somewhere, but not particularly bothered if he hangs around. But being here as the back-up option whenever a coach gets sacked is a weird situation for a very young coach to want to be in.

I'm sure he's had offers, but maybe is choosing options carefully which is fair..

Like Kane, Mason was part of the journey to peak Poch culture, and embraced it whole-heartedly (see Mauricio's comments below).

Mason clearly tried to start changing our culture after the toxicity of Mourinho, Nuno, Conte, as interim Head Coach, and you could see some of the players reacting positively to his ideas.

Ange also talks about culture a lot ,and now the challenge will be to implement a peak Postecoglou culture & philosophy.

Reports suggest Ange & Ryan Mason have spoken, so this is not Levy imposing a staff member on the new Head Coach.

I'm happy for Mason to be part of the coaching staff.

---------------------------

Last year, when Pochettino was asked which players have best embraced his ideas, the three he named were Mason, Harry Kane and Adam Lallana.

'They understood the philosophy about the game but also how we were human,' he said. 'They immediately captured our essence and went to the death with us.'

MATT BARLOW: Pochettino has a special gift of bringing others with him

Don't really see the problem with Mason staying on. I'd much rather he went and forged his own managerial career for now but maybe he feels he needs more learning and learning under another coach and someone who is a lot different to the likes of Conte and Mourinho can only be a good thing.

Mason seems to have a good bond with the squad and the players respect him. I imagine he'd just be coaching and not an assistant manager though with Ange bringing his own guys in.
Ange doesn't really have any particular guys he takes anywhere, it seems to depend on what job he has.

At Celtic his assistant was a Celtic stalwart John Kennedy and Gordon Strachan's kid.

Ange is currently on his own. Allegedly Kennedy wanted to come but so far still seems to be the caretaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom