Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually one who tells people he doesn't deserve to be sold, but he offers so little that I really don't see much of a point. Can't defend, can't score, can't be a play maker. Wouldn't be too bothered about him going.

Usually one who tells people he doesn't deserve to be sold, but he offers so little that I really don't see much of a point. Can't defend, can't score, can't be a play maker. Wouldn't be too bothered about him going.

Most players find it hard to affect games by doing what you say he can't do if they are only given 2-25 minutes on odd occations. If anything, he showed great ability to get into dangerous positions in the time he got yesterday, and after his introduction we managed to gain some control over the clusterfuck of a game for a period of time.

He isn't a DM, but I think he could be a great alternative for Alli as AM if given time there.

Plus a Chav fan to boot!
:disdain:

Not scapegoating Ryan after his miss last night as we all make mistakes and he seems a nice lad and will give 100% without showboating like Bentelab but IMO he just hasn't got what it takes for the level we want to be and are.

Now Tommy is a different story.......

Mason provides a very good alternative to Alli IMO.
Only player we have that makes those late runs into the box besides Alli.
How people can expect him to bury that chance with the little playing time he has had is harsh, only person who would have scored that is Kane.

Where has all this chav speculation come from?
As far as I am concerned he is Spurs, and has come out and spoke of his love for the club.

Hope he stays around and is an important player in our pursuit of multiple competitions next year.

He's a fine squad player to have, but we need a better CM ahead of him in the queue.

I'd much rather him than Carroll. Bentaleb is another story, but somethings obviously going on there that we're not privy to.

Man Utd had so many Mason type players during their heyday and don't seem to have any now they are shit.

Wes Brown , Oshea, Butt, Fletcher , Phil Neville , Ronnie Johnson , Henning Berg , Ben Foster , Johnny Evans , Alan Smith , , Tim Howard and probably a few more who haven't popped into my head

Solid dependable squad players who know what it means to wear the shirt and give 100% every time they get the privilege to do so , never causing unrest in the squad or making noises in the press , reliable efficient yet unspectacular work horses who really help galvanise squads.
Anyone who wants rid of Mason or Carroll for that matter ought to re educate themselves IMO , maybe in Lala land where some of these people seem to live you have a Steven Gerrard on the shelf ready for a rainy day when Zinedine Zidane isn't cutting the mustard but in the real world Ryan Mason will do just fine thanks

Carroll is hugely expendable, I see no issue in binning him. Can't just keep players because they're "Spurs", they actually have to affect games in some way. Mason has a higher ceiling at Spurs than Carroll does IMO.

Carroll is hugely expendable, I see no issue in binning him. Can't just keep players because they're "Spurs", they actually have to affect games in some way. Mason has a higher ceiling at Spurs than Carroll does IMO.

Carroll is neat and tidy and a safe sideways passer. Just doesn't seem to affect games. At least Mason likes to put his boot in occasionally.

Man Utd had so many Mason type players during their heyday and don't seem to have any now they are shit.

Wes Brown , Oshea, Butt, Fletcher , Phil Neville , Ronnie Johnson , Henning Berg , Ben Foster , Johnny Evans , Alan Smith , , Tim Howard and probably a few more who haven't popped into my head

Solid dependable squad players who know what it means to wear the shirt and give 100% every time they get the privilege to do so , never causing unrest in the squad or making noises in the press , reliable efficient yet unspectacular work horses who really help galvanise squads.
Anyone who wants rid of Mason or Carroll for that matter ought to replicate educate themselves IMO , maybe in Lala land where some of these people seem to live you have a Steven Gerrard on the shelf ready for a rainy day when Zinedine Zidane isn't cutting the mustard but in the real world Ryan Mason will do just fine thanks

I have to say I don't get what Berg and Johnsen is doing in that list of average-at-best players. Berg won the league with Blackburn and United, and although he might not have looked like a brilliant individual he was often credited for being the brains - the guy that organized great defenses (although he sound like a dim fucker when he speaks).

Johnsen was more King'esque, in that he had an astonishing potential and max level, but was plagued by injuries.

I say this not from my knowledge of these players for their time in United, but for other clubs and the Norwegian national team.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to compare Mason to that sad bunch. I firmly believe that he would be a magnificent asset if he were played in the Alli role.

A very useful member of the squad and was good last season next to Bentaleb. Should be kept. We wouldn't miss Carroll at all, think we need a better backup for Dembele.

Whilst he is here he has my support. If he has a shit game then he shouldn't be immune from criticism for that performance. But he tends to get slatted because he is on the bench. Whilst Carroll hasn't broken into the team, I suspect that there is a lot of value he brings to the squad ethos because he is "Spurs".

His first couple of appearances this season were poor if I recall and he rightly was called out but if I remember correctly his subsequent appearances he contributed well, one of them (can't remember which) I thought his appearance changed the game in our favour.

No doubt we will be selling some players, it is our business model, hopefully if all the PR is correct we are looking to keep our best players together, which might mean the likes of Carroll would have to go to generate the income and be sold the way of Townsend, Livermore and Caulker all for big buck too. I have no issue with this as I suspect he will be replaced by someone else from the academy.

I agree that Mason is far better.

Back
Top Bottom