Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no problem with Mason going but have not seen anything to suggest Winks will be better this season. Last season we were lucky with injuries but many previous years we have had many players on the injured list and I would prefer either Mason to stay or a replacement to be bought rather than recouping some more of the funds used to buy our 2 new players.

I have no problem with Mason going but have not seen anything to suggest Winks will be better this season. Last season we were lucky with injuries but many previous years we have had many players on the injured list and I would prefer either Mason to stay or a replacement to be bought rather than recouping some more of the funds used to buy our 2 new players.

Actually, I disagree. Thought he was impressive in the summer.

Winks is already getting stuck in, in the friendlies he played he won a lot of physical challenges (friendlies, but still). He is good in possession, and I think he is capable to be our 4th option in central midfield this season (behind Dier, VW and Mousa!)

It's pretty sad what a clique will agree to when it comes to winning points on a forum nobody cares about.

What a bunch off shit. Short memory.

I am not part of a clique (it's just your mind cannot process the fact you talk utter nonsense and most of us pull you up about it) that's not a clique it's common sense.

Mason has regressed from two seasons ago, whether that is because we have improved and he has not. We cannot hold on to the past, Mason last season showed he wasn't up to the task anymore. We've now got rid of Bentaleb as well, him and Mason where our midfield backbone for 2014/15. Dembele has since managed to turn his game around for him to be an un-droppable. Shame the likes of Bentaleb and Mason cannot regain their former glories. We have moved on.

This policy is music to the ears of aspiring young footballers. This is why Edwards is playing at Spurs and hasn't singed for Chelsea or Citieh on x10 the wages that he has no doubt been offered.

I'm saying it sends a bad message to our CURRENT SQUAD. And to true Spurs fans who get it (not the transfer obsessed grass is greener sky news generation).

We were/are building proper team character. Something you can't buy. Now if you have one season ruined by niggling injuries you are tossed aside?

What is Dier going to think? Is he going to think we are all in this together? He's going to be paranoid if he has a bad stretch he's going to be surplus. Bentaleb WAS Alli at one point. Our golden boy. I don't like this development.

Mason was part of a very determined bunch at the club. I don't want to erode that over money and pressure from the grass is greener people.

Probably some of the most fickle comments I've seen outside the transfer thread.

I watched Mason in preseason. Only one game/half but he looked back to his old self.

This could have been our backup. THey could be this Mason snd Bentaleb.

Class backup. Also breathing down the necks of out starting 11 to keep everyone honest. Why gamble that? We don't need money.

Last edited:
I'm saying it sends a bad message to our CURRENT SQUAD. And to true Spurs fans who get it (not the transfer obsessed grass is greener sky news generation).

We were/are building proper team character. Something you can't buy. Now if you have one season ruined by niggling injuries you are tossed aside?

What is Dier going to think? Is he going to think we are all in this together? He's going to be paranoid if he has a bad stretch he's going to be surplus. Bentaleb WAS Alli at one point. Our golden boy. I don't like this development.

Mason was part of a very determined bunch at the club. I don't want to erode that over money and pressure from the grass is greener people.

Probably some of the most fickle comments I've seen outside the transfer thread.

I watched Mason in preseason. Only one game/half but he looked back to his old self.

This could have been our backup. THey could be this Mason snd Bentaleb.

Class backup. Also breathing down the necks of out starting 11 to keep everyone honest. Why gamble that? We don't need money.

I want to think you talk some actual sense. However when you whinge about 'tiny dancers' and 'beasts'. Which category does Mason fall into? He clearly is not up to the physicality that you so crave that is beast mode Tottenham. I would much rather Winks and Onomah be given chances. Mason is no longer good enough for us, at least he is being afforded the opportunity to go elsewhere rather than be stuck in our squad. How often do you see Mason and think he will change the game?

Dembele has since managed to turn his game around for him to be an un-droppable. Shame the likes of Bentaleb and Mason cannot regain their former glories. We have moved on.

How can you state they can't get form back from a YEAR AGO? Bentaleb went backwards a year ago. That's it.

And after the Utd gaffe he hasn't been given many chances.

How can you state Mason cannot regain his former glory? esp since you just stated DEMBELE IMPROVED!? Dembele is older and had a worse injury. If Dembele can regain form, what qualifies and quantifies Mason's inability to get back to his form?

Just because a group disagrees with me, does not mean I talk bollocks. Having numbers on me means nothing. Just glance out the window at how far mass opinions are regressing the world. Online the noisiest rule. You are not making sense with your argument.

I want to think you talk some actual sense. However when you whinge about 'tiny dancers' and 'beasts'. Which category does Mason fall into? He clearly is not up to the physicality that you so crave that is beast mode Tottenham. I would much rather Winks and Onomah be given chances. Mason is no longer good enough for us, at least he is being afforded the opportunity to go elsewhere rather than be stuck in our squad. How often do you see Mason and think he will change the game?

IMO Mason should be backup for the front 3. He's a natural AM played out of position. And he did us proud. Even when injured he had injections and played through the pain for for us.

And I didn't mention tiny dancers. Remember that clique you just pretended didn't exist? They bring it up. I get baited. Then people cry that I respond.

Which is pretty funny because Townsemd, Lennon, Soldado who I leveled that at are long gone. So my whole tiny dancer argument panned out. Awkward.

Kane, Toby, Davies, Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Walker, Jan, Wimmer, Janssen, Alli etc etc. POWER!!!

I'm in heaven. So since you brought it up...and perpetuate that discussion what does that make you?

Clique? Yep. Calling Mason a tiny dancer is clique wankery.

People will talk shit about Mason like its nothing. It's why I don't give a fuck about numbers/being the minority in this discussion.

Last edited:
How can you state they can't get form back from a YEAR AGO? Bentaleb went backwards a year ago. That's it.

And after the Utd gaffe he hasn't been given many chances.

How can you state Mason cannot regain his former glory? esp since you just stated DEMBELE IMPROVED!? Dembele is older and had a worse injury. If Dembele can regain form, what qualifies and quantifies Mason's inability to get back to his form?

Just because a group disagrees with me, does not mean I talk bollocks. Having numbers on me means nothing. Just glance out the window at how far mass opinions are regressing the world. Online the noisiest rule. You are not making sense with your argument.

Difference between Dembele and Mason is that Dembele is a clearly talented player. Mason whilst tenacious is no where near as gifted a player. He was the right player at the right time, it allowed Pochettino to put his stamp on our fractious squad. Mason has not been able to improve his game and we have improved whilst he has stood still. He is a good enough for the likes of Hull and Southampton. He is most definitely not good enough for a side with title aspirations. See the times he came on last season and our midfield fell apart.

It's hardly a minority that disagrees with you, it's the majority.

IMO Mason should be backup for the front 3. He's a natural AM played our of position. And he did us proud.

And I didn't mention tiny dancers. Remember that clique you just pretended didn't exist? They bring it up.

Which is pretty funny because Townsemd, Lennon, Soldado who I leveled that at are long gone. So my whole tiny dancer argument panned out.

Kane, Toby, Davies, Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Walker, Jan, Wimmer, Janssen, Alli etc etc.

I'm in heaven. So since you brought it up...and perpetuate that discussion what does that make you?

Clique? Yep. Calling Mason a tiny dancer is clique wankery.

The notion of the clique is in your tiny ole mind. Who exists in this clique? Pretty much 90% of the forum.

Every time he is on the field. When the opposition attack through central midfield.

Was Mason was the only player on the pitch at the end of last season? I'd warned against playing Mason in the DM position if you have Eriksen Son and Lamela in close proximity. Before the terrible end to the season I would not shut up about it. People made fun of me for it. Then the disaster happened and...more backlash for me. No "you had a point". It was more of "Gooner maggot" clique shit.

Not sure why Poch thought it was a good idea. Bringing on Carroll etc?

Mason was the scapegoat and that's unfair. All players I mentioned above are a credit to the club. Even Carroll. I just hope when Poch read the riot act to players when they returned from their holidays that Poch admited some blame. Because the mix he was putting out with Alli and Dembele out was way too weak. I felt sorry for Dier. He was run ragged by the lack of protection he was getting from the front 3 in midfield. And I'm not blaming Eriksen, Son or Lamela either. I'm blaming the risky mix.

But Poch learned from it and brought in Wanyama. So once again I have a great season to look forward to since I have my long argued for powerful Spurs team I always dreamed of. Second Season in a row!

If the end of last season didn't teach the clique about the importance of power with Dembele etc out...it's obvious nothing will actually get through.

Difference between Dembele and Mason is that Dembele is a clearly talented player. Mason whilst tenacious is no where near as gifted a player. He was the right player at the right time, it allowed Pochettino to put his stamp on our fractious squad. Mason has not been able to improve his game and we have improved whilst he has stood still. He is a good enough for the likes of Hull and Southampton. He is most definitely not good enough for a side with title aspirations. See the times he came on last season and our midfield fell apart.

It's hardly a minority that disagrees with you, it's the majority.

The "majority voice" has resulted in the current state of the nation. Are you sure the average person is a barometer for being right? Over here the choice is Hillary Clinton and Trump.

You just stated Mason could not get back to the form in the video...like it was a fact? In the next breath you said Dembele did.

Since when do you have to be as talented as Dembele BTW? Who is? The point was about Mason getting to his form to be our backup.

A prem winning team needs deep backup. Claiming we need Dembele levels for the squad is cringey grass is greener transfer thread frothing.

And people are agreeing with you. As you moved the goalposts. The majority can be pretty scary.

What's your argument? You think someone on Dembeles level will come to us and sit on the bench? No wonder the call it fantasy football.

I still remember how proud I was that Spurs looked like a gang. That started with the Mason era. And we carried it on against Chelsea last season. Why risk breaking up that attitude jettisoning that style of player and replacing him with someone else?

Mason didn't want to leave. There are other players we could shift that are more peripheral.

Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Dembele won a lot of prem points together and that gang mentality started and SEPERATED US from the Chavs and City's. Bentaleb is on loan. Why fracture it any more?

The "majority voice" has resulted in the current state of the nation. Are you sure the average person is a barometer for being right? Over here the choice is Hillary Clinton and Trump.

You just stated Mason could not get back to the form in the video...like it was a fact? In the next breath you said Dembele did.

Since when do you have to be as talented as Dembele BTW? Who is? The point was about Mason getting to his form to be our backup.

A prem winning team needs deep backup. Claiming we need Dembele levels for the squad is cringey grass is greener transfer thread frothing.

And people are agreeing with you. As you moved the goalposts. The majority can be pretty scary.

What's your argument? You think someone on Dembeles level will come to us and sit on the bench? No wonder the call it fantasy football.

I still remember how proud I was that Spurs looked like a gang. That started with the Mason era. And we carried it on against Chelsea last season. Why risk breaking up that attitude jettisoning that style of player and replacing him with someone else?

Mason didn't want to leave. There are other players we could shift that are more peripheral.
Its about giving the side some more grunt and skill: Poch obviously wants a more durable squad who wont fold under pressure!
If people have to go they have to go. I like Mason but its not fair on him being a part time footballer!

Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Dembele won a lot of prem points together and that gang mentality started and SEPERATED US from the Chavs and City's. Bentaleb is on loan. Why fracture it any more?

Mason has been inadequate when called in as a back up. I don't have an issue with him and he was the right player at that time. Times have changed and we need someone better to take his spot. That's likely to be Winks, Onomah or Edwards. Mason is 24/25 he needs to be playing regularly. He won't get that with us, no harm in him moving on. Our togetherness is still there. However we shouldn't be allowing passengers in the squad like Mason and Carroll, you said it yourself about shipping the likes of Lennon, Townsend and Soldado out, Mason and Carroll's time has also now come.

Just been reading some of the poison on Twitter directed at Ryan Mason as he leaves for Hull. I think it's Fucken despicable. The lad has been a patient and loyal Spurs player. I wish him the best of luck

You're a year behind you cunt. You're shrieking because players you like are being sold because they're not good enough when you said they were. All you're worried about is how you look. You don't give a fuck about Tottenham - you never have. Everyone can see this. Just fuck off.

Last edited:

Oh fuck off about true Spurs fans. You happily slag off (non-stop create a toxic environment amongst supporters online) long time servants and academy products when it suits your agenda.

Back
Top Bottom