Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have missed my point. As I have said repeatedly, I am not defending him or his decisions. My own personal opinion before this game, which I have written on here, was that he should not be manager next season even if we win every game (unless he gets us playing incredible football). I am responding to a poster who called him a "conference level player", that is all. Many others have called him a wanker as well. That stuff doesn't sit right with me especially as he is a spurs lad. I don't think him being here since he was 8 should make him immune to criticism nor do I think it should make anyone shy away from doing that.
So if he wasn't a Spurs lad it would be ok to call him a wanker? Or calling him a wanker is worse because he's a Spurs lad?

The non-Spurs lads can be abused more freely than Spurs lads. Is that your point?

So if he wasn't a Spurs lad it would be ok to call him a wanker? Or calling him a wanker is worse because he's a Spurs lad?

The non-Spurs lads can be abused more freely than Spurs lads. Is that your point?
In this instance, I don't personally think it is ok but I would understand it more. Anyway, I should have dropped it, a pointless discussion. :mourbye:

Last edited:
Love the lad for so many reasons, but today showed how overmatched he is in this role. There's no shame in not being ready at 29. Who is? There's a reason nobody his age has managed at this level.

I am very, very angry at today's indefensible decisions, but I will let this go and hope he learns from it.

It was another scandal just putting a 29 year old novice in interim charge for the rest of the season anyway.
Another cheap kop out by Levy when we still had so much to play for.
It's like Levy saying to the team pick yourselves and your own tactics for the last few games. I can't be fucking bothered with the results.

Fucking shambles.

We are all better managers than him. That is what this is sounding like.

Check your ego at the door.

Jose needed to go. Mason is holding it down for the love of the badge.

If it was Harry and we got this same result, what would have been the excuse then? He has been away from the game too long?

Poor team selection
Awful ingame management (subs)
Tactics not great either

Mason is young though , this gig is too big for him but he'll learn and get better in the future (not at spurs tho)

Poor team selection
Awful ingame management (subs)
Tactics not great either

Mason is young though , this gig is too big for him but he'll learn and get better in the future (not at spurs tho)
Everything you post is correct.

Just a farce that he was given our team as his learning curve at such a pivotal time in the season

Definitely feels like the subs and selections today are true to his allegiances within the club rather than the players' abilities. A real shame as I like the bloke and wish him every success.
exactly that! hes had a big big opportunity and hes blown it with his loyalty to his little bum chums within the club, choosing friendships over the success of the club....this ones a non runner! i hope hes been questioned on this as he should be made to answer!

i dont know whats worse? choosing his little bum chums over better players, or actually thinking winks was the way to go?? both are indications that hes not a manager

What had winks done to warrant a starting place in a cup final. Picking your mates over better players that have offered at least something to the side throughout the season. Fuck off.

Although it is the fans that suffer, I'm sure Mason learned a very valuable lesson in management today.

Cronyism and favouritism may make you popular with your old chums, but it comes at a cost. Not sure if Levy wanted him to shop window certain players or he was just doing his mates a solid, but he showed zero creativity today.

I can see his logic for certain choices, not that I agree with them

Winks over Ndombele because he wanted someone to hold his position, Bale and Sissoko on because Bale doesnt offer alot defensively, this is im sure HIS logic, almost worked but Sissoko can't track his runners

We had moments but thats all they were

Ndombele not coming on at all is a mystery but the fact he's just lost 1-0 to Pep and his Oil team doesn't make him out of his depth considering many thought it would be a comfortable 3-4 nil win for City

Last edited:
Everything you post is correct.

Just a farce that he was given our team as his learning curve at such a pivotal time in the season
This. You have to laugh at this false get behind the local lad shite that's been around all week. The more you think about it the more you wonder what the actual fuck is going on. He was a fucking mediocre player and that's putting it mildly. How has he landed this gig? We must have something pretty special lined up in the summer to justify this.

He's had less than a week to prepare for a final.

He's been a manager/coach of a PL team for less than a week.

What did you expect him to do today?
was he going into today completely blind? does he really need the likes of winks to show him hes not good enough? has he not been paying attention to anything in the last few years?

all mason done today was show us he isnt even the correct person to take us over for the remainder of the season. choosing his little mates over superior footballers in a cup final! WOW

I can see his logic for certain choices, not that I agree with them

Winks over Ndombele because he wanted someone to hold his position, Bale and Sissoko on because Bale does offer alot defensively, this is im sure HIS logic, almost worked but Sissoko can't track his runners

We had momenta but thats all they were

Ndombele not coming on at all is a mystery but the fact he's just lost 1-0 to Pep and his Oil team doesn't make him out of his depth considering many thought it would be a comfortable 3-4 nil win for City

Fucking hell can I have that juice that you're on mate. They should have been out of site 15 minutes in. It's simple as that and no need to argue otherwise.

was he going into today completely blind? does he really need the likes of winks to show him hes not good enough? has he not been paying attention to anything in the last few years?

all mason done today was show us he isnt even the correct person to take us over for the remainder of the season. choosing his little mates over superior footballers in a cup final! WOW
I knew I'd forgotten somebody on my ignore list.

Will correct that, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom