Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he has potential and he could be someone who long term we keep around to learn but he shouldn't be getting this job full time simple as

If we fail to get a proven manager with history of building young attacking exciting teams I and every other spurs fan should be fuming

Maybe he has potential and he could be someone who long term we keep around to learn but he shouldn't be getting this job full time simple as

If we fail to get a proven manager with history of building young attacking exciting teams I and every other spurs fan should be fuming
Anybody who gets the job full-time should be fucking him off as first order of business.

In fact if the next manager keeps him around you can pretty much guarantee he's getting sacked and the lads will have Mason back to look after them in no time.

When Conte added him to the coaching team, I thought it was a directive from Levy, because he wanted Ryan to learn the job, so he could take over once Conte moved on.
Lamb to the slaughter.
I wish Ryan all the luck in the world, because he's going to need it.

We should get Chris Hughton in to help Mason for these 7 games. Not exciting but can organise a defence and managing Ghana atm so would be available for 6 weeks you’d think

We should get Chris Hughton in to help Mason for these 7 games. Not exciting but can organise a defence and managing Ghana atm so would be available for 6 weeks you’d think
6 games mate, not 7. There isnt much left to the season. There isnt much left to aim for. Just let it play out. The best thing we can do is get the new manager in right away so he gets a chance to see what we should get rid of in the summer, instead of wasting the first half of next season.

If Mase could get 12-14 pts I think he will be a real candidate for the job. Not saying I want him, but one advantage may be that the fans would be more patient for an actual rebuild. If its Nagelsmann people will largely expect a Top 4 finish and a cup final and I dont think we are anywhere near that next season.
I don't expect a cup final, I expect a trophy and that expectation remains the same no matter who our manager is. Even in our most desperate mid-table days, I wanted a trophy.

We'll see where our squad is at the start of next season. There will have to be changes but, at this stage, it's too early to comment or even speculate on what will happen. I'm still hopeful that we can hang on to Kane; the top tier winning clubs aren't biting and I'm not sure Chelsea or Man United are any closer to a title challenge or CL glory than we are.

6 games mate, not 7. There isnt much left to the season. There isnt much left to aim for. Just let it play out. The best thing we can do is get the new manager in right away so he gets a chance to see what we should get rid of in the summer, instead of wasting the first half of next season.

I agree.

But It seems like it's mostly only the Fat Sams & Hodgsons of this world are interested in doing that though......

If Poch agrees to go to The Chavs he's apparently not starting til June.

I suspect our targets don't want any different either otherwise they'd be here already.

Imagine if he has a positive impact and turns things around though, what a story that would be.

How is Mason going to get a tune out of shit players like Dier, Lloris, Sanchez etc? There is no turning anything around mate. The season is over and the team have mentally checked out. We might not concede 5 in the 1st 20 mins against United but that’s about the only impact he will have. We will get absolutely pulverised by both united and Liverpool. Frankly, I couldn’t give a shit either.

Back
Top Bottom