Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting him on the pitch shows clubs he’s back. So a sale or a loan out this window is a must. I’d take any fee for him to tell you the truth. I’m unsure he will ever be a PL player.
Get him nowhere near the pitch. Our season is too important now. The only reason he got on yesterday was because we literally had no one else.
Even when Ange was asked after the game that it was a boost to have him back he completely blanked mentioning his name and basically said the kids got on because of injuries and players away.

Get him nowhere near the pitch. Our season is too important now. The only reason he got on yesterday was because we literally had no one else.
Even when Ange was asked after the game that it was a boost to have him back he completely blanked mentioning his name and basically said the kids got on because of injuries and players away.

I meant yesterday.

I meant yesterday.
You did and I can imagine all those managers calling their chairmen at 10 pm last night begging for them to put a bid in.
To be honest I don’t think a league 1 manager would look at him and think he’ll get us promoted,into the play offs or avoid relegation. The further down you go you need guys who’ll fight for everything and it’s not reliant on ability as much and sess kinda offers none of those attributes.
I think we’ll need to keep him till his contract runs out or pay him up but he’s on £50k/60k a week!!!
An incredible wage for such a limited player.

I am officially IN LOVE with Big Vic. He is a great keeper and has a fantastic winning mentality.
I actually thought he will be the captain last night. He has such strong mentality and superb concentration. But I guess Ange likely prefers an outfield player to be the captain. But I'm so comforted to know Vic has such great leadership.

Back to Sess, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if one day he's admitting to some mental struggle. The kid has had sooooo much to bear both physically and psychologically for the past 2 years... I really wish he can slowly open up so he can ease back and play freely.

Calling him shit because every time he plays I’ve witnessed it. I’ll give every player a chance or ten but he’s just woeful and there’s one thing for sure he’s not going to get better. He looks heavy as well. How can that be possible when you are a professional footballer who trains and conditions 6 days a week.
Sorry,not for me.

Depending on length of time out vs length of time he's been back on his feet doing full fitness training; it's entirely possible.

Depending on length of time out vs length of time he's been back on his feet doing full fitness training; it's entirely possible.
Nope. There is no excuse to be out of shape. He’s been back training with the squad or on the training pitch for a month at least. Maybe he isn’t out of shape but massively bulked up but he’s not in the condition needed to be to play at that level.

I actually thought he will be the captain last night. He has such strong mentality and superb concentration. But I guess Ange likely prefers an outfield player to be the captain. But I'm so comforted to know Vic has such great leadership.

Back to Sess, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if one day he's admitting to some mental struggle. The kid has had sooooo much to bear both physically and psychologically for the past 2 years... I really wish he can slowly open up so he can ease back and play freely.
I think Bentancur, if he can stay injury free for more than 6 months....would be our best bet

Yes. :)

There is no excuse to be out of shape. He’s been back training with the squad or on the training pitch for a month at least. Maybe he isn’t out of shape but massively bulked up but he’s not in the condition needed to be to play at that level.

What's the accusation here anyway? ......Fat or too muscular?

................Isn't "bulk up" what fans simplistically prescribe to all our less-physical players?

Did he flash a pot-belly at any point last night?

Pretty sure if Ange thought he was a fat, out of shape, unfit bastard he wouldn't have played him.

Last edited:

................Isn't "bulk up" what fans simplistically prescribe to all our weaker players?

Pretty sure if Ange thought he was a fat, out of shape, unfit bastard he wouldn't have played him.
He looks too heavy. He was always a slim athletic looking type but he looked completely different. There is no accusation only an observation.
I’ve never liked him as a player because he’s everything I don’t like in a player. I do feel for him because of injuries but at the end of the day we need to get these hangers on out the club to go forward.

................Isn't "bulk up" what fans simplistically prescribe to all our weaker players?

Exactly he looked filled out but wouldn’t say out of shape - just a different more muscular one

You did and I can imagine all those managers calling their chairmen at 10 pm last night begging for them to put a bid in.
To be honest I don’t think a league 1 manager would look at him and think he’ll get us promoted,into the play offs or avoid relegation. The further down you go you need guys who’ll fight for everything and it’s not reliant on ability as much and sess kinda offers none of those attributes.
I think we’ll need to keep him till his contract runs out or pay him up but he’s on £50k/60k a week!!!
An incredible wage for such a limited player.
I don't understand why you get so carried away with exaggeration. The idea that he couldn't light up League 1 is fucking ludicrous.

He looks too heavy. He was always a slim athletic looking type but he looked completely different. There is no accusation only an observation.

"he’s not in the condition needed to be to play at that level."

That's an accusation, mate (esp. bearing in mind a) your critical tone and b) it's a view from your armchair and not that of one of his fitness coaches).

I’ve never liked him as a player because he’s everything I don’t like in a player.

C'est la vie.... Diff. discussion.

Last edited:
The idea that he could light up league one is fucking ludicrous.
Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

Back
Top Bottom