Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They watch him week in week out. I have seen him only a couple of times. Please show me these professional scouting reports you have access to, I seem to remember a YouTube video was posted earlier.
I am not saying he can't play as a left back, he obviously can because he has, just they say his natural position is much higher up the pitch.

May be that his natural position is much higher up the pitch. But we've got to remember, against about 90% of the teams we play throughout the season, our left backs spend an awful lot of time, far up the pitch.

Being a left back for Spurs, and a left back for Fulham are two very different things.

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has criticised Tottenham's late pursuit and their initial bid for Ryan Sessegnon in the summer transfer window.

Spurs have been interested in the 19-year-old for some time and eventually sealed a deal for the teenager on deadline day, with midfielder Josh Onomah heading the other way on a permanent deal.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is renowned for his late moves in the transfer market as he looks to get the best possible price for the north London club. Spurs also signed Giovani Lo Celso on loan from Real Betis on deadline day, with an option to make the deal a permanent one at any time.

However, Khan criticised the late approach and initial offer for Sessegnon, who had long been keen on a move to link up with Mauricio Pochettino, as it ended up ruining their own chances of buying another player as they looked to keep onside with financial fair play regulations.

"We heard from them for the first time two weeks before the close of the window. We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that," Khan said in an interview with Fulham Football Club TV.

"It seemed like it might be a likely scenario when he still had not heard from them a couple of weeks out, which is why I was doing loan deals where we knew the club would compliant with Financial Fair Play rules.

"We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less our asking price, which is exactly what we got."

Khan claimed that the deal broke down a number of times in the final days because the two London sides were so far apart in their valuations of Sessegnon.

"If it was a penny less than our asking price I was perfectly fine for the player to wind his contract down," he explained.

"We were so far apart that 24 hours before the deadline I was prepared for Ryan to stay at Fulham this year. We were going to get every penny that we asked for, and we got every penny we asked for.

"I wish it had not taken so long. People have said 'you knew you were going to get the money, why did you not go out and spend it?' No, until we had every penny in hand I was not going to go out and spend it.

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has criticised Tottenham's late pursuit and their initial bid for Ryan Sessegnon in the summer transfer window.

Spurs have been interested in the 19-year-old for some time and eventually sealed a deal for the teenager on deadline day, with midfielder Josh Onomah heading the other way on a permanent deal.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is renowned for his late moves in the transfer market as he looks to get the best possible price for the north London club. Spurs also signed Giovani Lo Celso on loan from Real Betis on deadline day, with an option to make the deal a permanent one at any time.

However, Khan criticised the late approach and initial offer for Sessegnon, who had long been keen on a move to link up with Mauricio Pochettino, as it ended up ruining their own chances of buying another player as they looked to keep onside with financial fair play regulations.

"We heard from them for the first time two weeks before the close of the window. We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that," Khan said in an interview with Fulham Football Club TV.

"It seemed like it might be a likely scenario when he still had not heard from them a couple of weeks out, which is why I was doing loan deals where we knew the club would compliant with Financial Fair Play rules.

"We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less our asking price, which is exactly what we got."

Khan claimed that the deal broke down a number of times in the final days because the two London sides were so far apart in their valuations of Sessegnon.

"If it was a penny less than our asking price I was perfectly fine for the player to wind his contract down," he explained.

"We were so far apart that 24 hours before the deadline I was prepared for Ryan to stay at Fulham this year. We were going to get every penny that we asked for, and we got every penny we asked for.

"I wish it had not taken so long. People have said 'you knew you were going to get the money, why did you not go out and spend it?' No, until we had every penny in hand I was not going to go out and spend it.

lol, eat grass Khan you carny

Imagine anyone from Tottenham management coming out a bitching like that to the press.

Oi, Khan you've been made to look a right tit. It's your responsibility to have all the bases covered, you didn't and that's down to no one else but yourself you daft twat.

No way he got the price he asked for :levylol:

What a cry baby. Don't sell if you don't like the deal, and a total imbecil if he didn't expect a bid. The rest of the world kinda saw it coming.

He didn’t prepare? I’ve been hearing about this transfer for about 3 years now

So Levy knew Khan would have a choice between buying other players and having to take a lower offer for Sessegnon, or not buying anyone else to keep his leverage and force a higher price. Sounds like good business to me. Khan chose the latter option, that's hardly our problem. And Levy was only able to make that manuever to begin with because Fulham massively overspent on crap players who they couldn't sell back at anywhere near where they paid. In the modern game the business aspect is massively, massively important, Khan failed at it and his club are sufferring the consequences.

Imagine anyone from Tottenham management coming out a bitching like that to the press.

Oi, Khan you've been made to look a right tit. It's your responsibility to have all the bases covered, you didn't and that's down to no one else but yourself you daft twat.
Outbursts like this from Khan makes me know that he is going to do just fine as a wrestling promoter.

Ungrateful twat should be grateful we paid 25m for a benchwarmer that did fuck all in the prem. You can buy a Lucas Moura with that kind of money.

He didn’t prepare? I’ve been hearing about this transfer for about 3 years now

But until the buying club make an offer there is no guarantee of a deal or at least something to work with. Levy's job is to get the best deal for Spurs but as has been said by some it's the way he conducts deals that has left a sour taste

What has he done to be worth 30 million other than being 18 years old?
All depends on the angle people look at it from. Did Maguire look like the worlds most expensive defender strutting around Leicester last season? Did VVD the previous worlds most expensive before him?.....to hear it told now they are the second coming of Franco Baresi and Daniel Passarella......

Was Gareth Bale really tearing it up in the championship back in the day?

Point is, potential has to be developed, Sessegnon has it, does he have the heart and mentality to unleash it? Who knows, but I’ll take this “risk” signing any day of the week over that garbage we signed from France and beyond over the years.

Back
Top Bottom