Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's getting better every game.
He keeps getting into those "fox in the box" positions. At Fulham they resulted in a lot of goals.
In the Championship. Doesn't work against good opposition, especially as a full back, and he can't dribble, cross or pass well enough to play on the wing.

Needs to improve defensively, a lot, as well as physically. Hopefully that's the aspect of his game the coaching staff will focus on, rather than his 'smart runs'.

I've been most surprised by his decision making. It's usually always spot on.

More confidence, more aggression and we have a hell of a player. Only 19.

A young Gareth Bale was pretty poor at the beginning of his Tottenham career starting left back until he started flourishing. :levyeyes:
Bale actually started really well

Think he had 3 goals in his first 10 starts but you are right in that it is too early to properly judge sessesgnon

I think he does need to start showing something at least though

Bale actually started really well

Think he had 3 goals in his first 10 starts but you are right in that it is too early to properly judge sessesgnon

I think he does need to start showing something at least though
Yeah maybe I’m thinking of he wasn’t in a winning team for his first 20-25 games or so?

But agree he needs to start having a real go, hopefully the more he plays his confidence will come.

He looks very promising to me. None of his problems are unfixable, like for example Aurier's decision making. His problems are mostly related to confidence and his technique, both of whom are coachable.

He's not doing anything to get the fans fired up but he's starting to rack up some decent numbers 55 passes at 86% - 2 dribbles, 4 headers won, 3 tackles and 2 shots ... not stellar but in the game

When you compare that to Rose's lase two outings albeit against better sides he averaged just 27 passes at 74% - 1 dribble, 0 headers won, 0 tackles and 0 shots ... piss poor

There are the makings of a good player here for sure, would love to see him keep this run going.

Still a bit too tentative, though I also think playing LB with us so early is inhibiting his forward play somewhat.

I also think that injury he had plays on his mind.

He needs to unwind and let himself go and play freely.

Quality player and will be special for us when fully firing and will develop/grow a whole lot under Mou.

Just very boring
Call it safe if you want but if you’re not prepared to “risk” running with a ball, you have no right to be in the pitch.

I’ve never rated him, and I’m hoping he proves himself, but I can’t even point to a level I hope he gets “back” to.

A few goals three years ago in the Champo means very little right now. He was just like this in the PL with Fulham yet people were raving about him....odd.

Can’t wait for Davies to get back

Just very boring
Call it safe if you want but if you’re not prepared to “risk” running with a ball, you have no right to be in the pitch.

I’ve never rated him, and I’m hoping he proves himself, but I can’t even point to a level I hope he gets “back” to.

A few goals three years ago in the Champo means very little right now. He was just like this in the PL with Fulham yet people were raving about him....odd.

Can’t wait for Davies to get back

That would be Ben Davies with only 7 goals in a nine year career ... great comparison Sammy

Im not looking at either for goals, I’m looking for LB who does something with the ball.
Of the three, only Davies really does that.

Sessegnon has played 505 minutes for Spurs ... he has zero goals and one assist, 0.3 shots per game
Davies has played 631 minutes this season ... he has zero goals and zero assists, 0.1 shots per game
Rose has played 1,255 minutes this season ... he has zero goals and zero assists, 0.1 shots per game,

How do you reach your conclusion ... passes, crosses, KP's what?

Sessegnon has played 505 minutes for Spurs ... he has zero goals and one assist, 0.3 shots per game
Davies has played 631 minutes this season ... he has zero goals and zero assists, 0.1 shots per game
Rose has played 1,255 minutes this season ... he has zero goals and zero assists, 0.1 shots per game,

How do you reach your conclusion ... passes, crosses, KP's what?

Not instinctively turning around and tapping the ball 1 meter to the nearest Spurs player

Not instinctively turning around and tapping the ball 1 meter to the nearest Spurs player
To be fair, Davies is guilty of cutting back in and laying the ball off a fair amount - though granted he can whip in a wicked delivery at times too.

Sess looks like he's in safety first mode at the moment, I'm hoping Jose can coach a bit of aggression into him and get him running at people - last night was all a bit too predictable for me but I'm confident he will come good.

Much improved last night, much more zip in his passing and looked to play the more positive and less ‘safe’ pass

Back
Top Bottom