Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

finish him video games GIF
He is already more than finished. Future championship player

This is becoming a concerning pattern with our medical department where they waste months trying to avoid surgery before eventually having to do it anyway. Happened to Wanyama, Skipp, Bissouma, Son, now Sessegnon and probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

We badly need some changes in our medical department. That's a very optimistic spin they've fed to Ali Gold and I don't really believe it.

This is becoming a concerning pattern with our medical department where they waste months trying to avoid surgery before eventually having to do it anyway. Happened to Wanyama, Skipp, Bissouma, Son, now Sessegnon and probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

We badly need some changes in our medical department. That's a very optimistic spin they've fed to Ali Gold and I don't really believe it.
Some of this has to go on the players as well. Because at the end of the day the decision also lies with them.

Arguably the greatest captain in Spurs history is famous for skipping knee surgery and soldiering through it.

Football culture also probably adds pressure on the players to play through injuries so that they don't get labelled as "soft" or sicknotes by their respective fanbases.

Yeah, I really doubt what he's been told about this tbh. We've known Sessegnon to be a sick-note for years now. Genuinely 2 years since many fans gave up on him and his ability to keep fit. Surely if theres a surgery that massively reduces his chance of hamstring injury, he should have went through it one or even two years ago. All the people we have working on player health at the club, you'd think they'd have a better read on his body than to have the guy breaking down a few days into pre-season.

So he should heal up just in time to leave on a free aged 24?

Another Levy masterclass.
Maybe, don't care about that personally, he's been here long enough and shown himself to be utterly void of any outstanding attributes.

Just find the notion that a 23 year old earning millions would just up an retire because it's what a group of fans would consider most convenient for us a little laughable...

a shame for the guy, but the club should not be a charity case, he needs to be gone one way or another.

Waste of time keep trying to find the player in there somewhere. Even when he has been fit he’s been useless. £25m. Incredible waste of transfer fee and wages.

Maybe we can swap him for his twin and no one will notice.

Surely if theres a surgery that massively reduces his chance of hamstring injury, he should have went through it one or even two years ago.
Frustrating. Kane had his hammy repaired over 3 years ago and had no issues since. On the other hand there are risks and trade-offs with any surgery, and presumably it wasn't an obvious choice, at least until now.

Also perhaps worth pointing out that the much derided Spurs medical team probably had little influence in the decision regarding surgery. The club has access to the world's best experts for its multimillion pound assets after all.

How much more time left on his contract? Personally I would rip it up, pay him off, and just get rid

2 years left.

Collosal waste of money , paid 50k a week to go to the gym and get physio .

Not his fault but he should've been shipped out 2 years ago.
Probably get a loan to Fulham or something on the last day of the window and hopefully that will be that

Am I not correct in thinking whilst players are injured, their wages are covered at least in some part by their insurance ?

Not sure the 'money spent on wages' will be in full. Certainly hoped that was the case for Lamela and a few other players anyway.

Am I not correct in thinking whilst players are injured, their wages are covered at least in some part by their insurance ?

Not sure the 'money spent on wages' will be in full. Certainly hoped that was the case for Lamela and a few other players anyway.
Nope. Doesn’t matter of you are injured,the club still pay his wages.

Back
Top Bottom