Sack the manager or Sack the board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sack the Manager or Sack the Board

• Sack the manager

• Sack the Board

• Both

• Neither. Everything is sweet

• We're just fucking cursed, that's all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trouble is how do we sack the board? Not being in the ground we dont even have much sway over the manager.
Boycott any spending on the club. Then when fans are allowed back, don't go. But sadly plenty will still keep spending & lining the likes of levys pockets.

Who chose jose tomo, who chose jose...

True but he took a gamble and I understand why, he wanted to bring trophies in but the gamble failed, he at least backed the manager unlike Poch. We don’t have £500m to blow on the worlds best players, next manager should play to our attacking strengths and traditions.

Let’s get the guy from Saints or Nagglesman and build a proper attacking team again.

I agree they aint going nowhere. But this is a poll on what you'd like to happen. Not what you expect to happen.

What's the point of this though JT? You can't just sack the club's owners. And potential owners with a couple of billion to spend aren't exactly thick on the ground. And even then FFP means it's highly unlikely we'll ever get a City/PSG type revamp.

I don't give a shit if Lewis and Levy sell to someone else (as long as they aren't cunts or run the club badly), but it's a fuck of a lot easier and more realistic to just get a decent head coach, DOF and players.

What's the point of this though JT? You can't just sack the club's owners. And potential owners with a couple of billion to spend aren't exactly thick on the ground. And even then FFP means it's highly unlikely we'll ever get a City/PSG type revamp.

I don't give a shit if Lewis and Levy sell to someone else (as long as they aren't cunts or run the club badly), but it's a fuck of a lot easier and more realistic to just get a decent head coach, DOF and players.

tenor.gif

Does anyone think we just need to press on through the shit times with any given manager who appears to have passed their sell by date in order to create a long lasting stability.

Are the days of legacies fully behind us? I still just about remember believing Poch could be our Wenger/Ferguson.

Levy should sack Jose first thing and then set himself on fire.
It would look like a reshoot of that famous Rage against the machine album cover.
:levywtf:🔥

Everyone demanding jose be fired. Levy singing along "fuck you I won't do what you tell me, fuck you I won't do what you tell me!!!!!!

True but he took a gamble and I understand why, he wanted to bring trophies in but the gamble failed, he at least backed the manager unlike Poch. We don’t have £500m to blow on the worlds best players, next manager should play to our attacking strengths and traditions.

Let’s get the guy from Saints or Nagglesman and build a proper attacking team again.
Hope we do choose that style of manager next as well. Isn't it more likely he won't back the next manager. But instead get a manager in who he thinks can work with these players. Especially as we just made a lot of signings.

Does anyone think we just need to press on through the shit times with any given manager who appears to have passed their sell by date in order to create a long lasting stability.

Are the days of legacies fully behind us? I still just about remember believing Poch could be our Wenger/Ferguson.
The average seems to be just 2-3 years for manager's now. Another downside to modern football.

You don't. You can't. It's a cliche common in football. But clubs do change ownership on a regular basis.

And for the LAST FUCKING TIME, this is a poll on what you'd like , not what you expect!

Fans ultimately hold all the power. If no one turned up to games, bought shirts or season tickets, the owners would be fucked.

However instead we squabble at eachother over the scraps that Levy chucks at us, and the yacht gets a new suite with a golden toilet every season.

Who chose jose tomo, who chose jose...
It was a calculated risk. I won’t blame Levy for bringing in Jose because he thought we had enough talent but needed a proven winner to lead the team. So far, it hasn’t worked out unless you count making the league cup final as working.

It was either bring in a proven winner, and Jose was all that was available, or bring in someone new and probably have to turn the squad over which would take longer to rebuild.

Sacking the board is always a silly slogan. How many people are there that can buy out the club in this economy?

however you can sack the manager and his replacement must be a guy who can improve the team under the restrictions of the board. We had 3 guys who have shown they can do that, we now need a 4th.

I won’t blame Levy for bringing in Jose because he thought we had enough talent
how wrong has that proven to be. lets be honest over the last few years weve had a very good core but the rest of the squad has been average if not below average. you go through our squad its probably touching 10 players maybe more who are not good enough for where we want to be..scary

dier
sanchez
aurier
doherty
winks
sissoko
davies
bergwijn
lucas
lamela
bale
dele

not one of them players would get into a top four side. yet most weeks we probably have 3-5 of them in our first 11

when a club pays 40 million for a donkey at the back whos incompetent with a football at their feet you know somethings wrong

He needed to win the league in one of our 2 real cracks at it. By the time the CL final occurred I think he'd burnt out and just viewed that as a potential crowning achievement.

If we'd won the league over Leicester or Chelsea, I have no doubts Poch would still be at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom