Saving private Ryan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
When it comes to Tottenham’s youth academy, Windy knows what he is talking about, most of the time. Here he is back once again dropping monumental insight, this time on Ryan Mason, a player who looked destined to never make it at Spurs, until Pochettino arrived.

Read article

Out of curiosity, why do people treat Windy like a God? He called Kane perfectly, but what about before that?

Not having a go or questioning it. Just generally curious why he has the reputation he does.

Because for 10 years he has been spending his own money and time standing at the side of a pitch watching a bunch of kids kick a ball around and telling us what he sees in an eloquent and mostly reasoned way whilst the rest of us have been curled up in our beds dreaming.

That's why.

Question him again and a plague of locusts will arrive at your door.

Out of curiosity, why do people treat Windy like a God? He called Kane perfectly, but what about before that?

Not having a go or questioning it. Just generally curious why he has the reputation he does.
No idea. Everytime I see him comment on Twitter he says that one of the academy players has been the best player, despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary. He watches a lot more youth football than the average football fan, but does he have some greater understanding? The evidence seems to say 'no'.

No idea. Everytime I see him comment on Twitter he says that one of the academy players has been the best player, despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary. He watches a lot more youth football than the average football fan, but does he have some greater understanding? The evidence seems to say 'no'.

Don't be a twat. Whether he's a genius or not, his dedication deserves respect.

There is only one Windy who truly understands!

Ha ha, you bottle job. Criticize one of the royal family then turn on me for doing the same when your balls go. Pathetic

I didn't criticize him. Asking why someone has the reputation they do is simply that; asking why.

I'll happily cunt off virtually anyone, for almost nothing, but some things deserve respect.

Windy sleeps with the youth team for facebook likes or something like that.

Oh yeah and he said Kane would be quality, even when myself, probably the most knowledgeable person with regards world football and Tottenham said he would be shite.

I didn't criticize him. Asking why someone has the reputation they do is simply that; asking why.

I'll happily cunt off virtually anyone, for almost nothing, but some things deserve respect.
Ha ha ha. Okay. Great creeping retreat. You really come out of this with your online anonymous persona intact. Dick!

Windy sleeps with the youth team for facebook likes or something like that.

Oh yeah and he said Kane would be quality, even when myself, probably the most knowledgeable person with regards world football and Tottenham said he would be shite.
Yeah. But he watches the youth team, do you? I don't. I have watched spurs for 25 years. Had spurs wallpaper, curtains, bedsheets and spent my pocket money travelling to WHL as a child. Still dont have much interest in the youth team. Not sure why his interest makes him worthy of respect

Ha ha ha. Okay. Great creeping retreat. You really come out of this with your online anonymous persona intact. Dick!

Mate, you've got 44 posts and you've been here 13 days. Pipe down.

Not sure why his interest makes him worthy of respect

It's not his interest that deserves the respect, it's the effort, time and money spent. Spending 2+ hours watching kids kick a ball around in competitions that mean absolutely nothing isn't the best hobby in the world. He provides a service and knowledge to the rest of us here that can't be arsed.

The fact that he saw it, when others didn't means that his opinion is informed with actual empirical evidence, rather than groundless conjecture. Windy's not being treated as a god regarding what people are doing right now in the first team. But he has seen them when they were in the youth squad, and can provide witness to what they did and didn't do there. Which is the only evidence any of us have until we get to see these players in a loan/first team environment.

Mate, you've got 44 posts and you've been here 13 days. Pipe down.

It's not his interest that deserves the respect, it's the effort, time and money spent. Spending 2+ hours watching kids kick a ball around in competitions that mean absolutely nothing isn't the best hobby in the world. He provides a service and knowledge to the rest of us here that can't be arsed.
Ha ha. So you didnt realize why people respect his views like commandments 10 mins ago, but now you do. Ive been on for 2 days or whatever, but ive not disgraced myself like youve right now; pipe down

Ha ha. So ypu didnt realize why people respect his views like commandments 10 mins ago, but now you do. Ive been on for 2 days or whatever, but ive not disgraced myself like youve right now; pipe down

Last post to you and then I'm done.

I asked why people rate him so highly and why he has the reputation he does, of calling things spot on. If there was more to it than simply saying Kane was going to be great, his history etc.

I understand why people respect him, not exactly hard to understand. Respect and acceptance of anything they say aren't quite the same thing and rare to find them go hand in hand.

Last post to you and then I'm done.

I asked why people rate him so highly and why he has the reputation he does, of calling things spot on. If there was more to it than simply saying Kane was going to be great, his history etc.

I understand why people respect him, not exactly hard to understand. Respect and acceptance of anything they say aren't quite the same thing and rare to find them go hand in hand.
Ha ha ha. You fool. I hope it is the last time we converse you eunuch cunt

Well personally from reading Windy's blogs and articles I decided he was fairly intelligent about football matters, I agreed with much of his analysis. That combined with him going to lots of youth games for a long time suggested he had good knowledge about the youth. It has been backed up by some success stories (Kane, Mason). Another thing to remember is that even if Windy does predict a youth player will go on and do well who doesn't- it doesn't necessarily mean Windy has bad knowledge, some players show great promise and have all the tools to succeed at the top level but never do for example there are a few players who have won player of the tournament at international youth cups who then disappeared (Liverpool's Anthony Le Tallec for example).
He doesn't get respect for merely attending youth games, it's the feedback he gives. He also doesn't always praise loan players, he'll say when they have a lame game, don't play or get subbed off etc. If there are on-loan players he praises who fans of club are unhappy with I'm sure there are also fans who are happy with those players, for example read QPR fan statements about Carroll, posts ranged from technically solid classy player to completely shit overrated child. Windy will provide what he believes to be the objective rating. Unless he's on the payroll by Levy or some shit :levywhoa:

Nice little read. When it comes to windy's information on youth, It's always worth a listen. Fair play to the guy for going and dedicating his time to update us all as what's going on in the academy.
Does that make him more knowledgeable or any better of a fan than any of us? No

I've had a few twitter arguments with him in the past, personally I find myself disagreeing with a lot of what he has to say.
With no disrespect meant, I find not just him but many other modern day fans, " laptop fans "...more interested in running distances, passing stats, etc the usual bollocks. Rather than using your eyes and understanding it from a players point of view. Maybe he has never played the game before?..if he has fair enough. In my opinion he sounds like he hasnt.

But fair play to him, I always enjoy the youth updates.

Back
Top Bottom