Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I regret that we managed him so poorly. As we did with Noni Madueke. As we did with Luis Binks. As we did with Skipp until Poch left. The threat of another wasted year and he'd have been off. As we did with KWP.

Every one of our Academy will have seen what happens to your career when you're not managed well. On the plus side Parrott Scarlett and White have benefited from good loans. I can't believe Levy wasn't thumping the tub before. I've spent all this money on building and running the best academy infrastructure you've ever seen and all that happens is that we have to sell off some of them for buttons before they walk for nothing.

And it wasn't the lack of goals. How many did Modric score for us? He was seen as an awkward sod with the wrong attitude.

As they say about the army - no bad soldiers only bad officers.

Totally agree mate, we neglected the talent we possessed for sure, and I think we are only now begining to give a better message to youth coming through. It'll be a couple of years yet before we are where we should be.

I regret that we managed him so poorly. As we did with Noni Madueke. As we did with Luis Binks. As we did with Skipp until Poch left. The threat of another wasted year and he'd have been off. As we did with KWP.

Every one of our Academy will have seen what happens to your career when you're not managed well. On the plus side Parrott Scarlett and White have benefited from good loans. I can't believe Levy wasn't thumping the tub before. I've spent all this money on building and running the best academy infrastructure you've ever seen and all that happens is that we have to sell off some of them for buttons before they walk for nothing.

And it wasn't the lack of goals. How many did Modric score for us? He was seen as an awkward sod with the wrong attitude.

As they say about the army - no bad soldiers only bad officers.

So true.

And our youth management continues to be poor - we seem to be ok until about age 16, but after that it starts going downhill and if anything accelerates downhill after aged 18.

This year for example we lost possibly our best 2 youngsters (Meghoma and Amo-Ameyaw) aged 16 to Southampton - likely due to likely lack of future opportunity at Spurs (reason given by Madeuke in an interview after leaving Spurs) as older talents fail to get loans or first team chances and/or poorer financial package ....... both better at Southampton.

Harvey White has now sat on the Spurs bench and/or played u21 football for 2 years after a decent loan at Portsmouth and is now aged 21. Good centre midfield player with wand of a left foot (but can cross from right) with good record of goals and assists plus possibly best set piece taker at Spurs. But he's missed out on playing experience ........ so will he be loaned out in January to get experience or get first team minutes ? Chances are he's going to be our next loss - I fully understand the argument that he might not make it, but why waste his time and talent by not giving him a chance to show what he can do and then make a decision ?

Its evident by tracking youth players that pretty much within a year or two of Kane breaking through into first team that our youth set up started to be in decline - we don't get as many top youngsters joining us and those that do join us are not breaking through.

A simple yard-stick is we went 5 years with both our u18 and u21 sides not losing to Woolwich and, in fact probably 80% of the time, beating them. That stopped about 5 years ago, and these days a win over the old enemy at either u18 or u21 is maybe once every 2 or 3 years.

The only way out of the mess, is to change a number of the managers/coaches of youth, maybe review pay structures, certainly recruitment, and certainly player development both via loans and elsewhere.

To have a full 25 man squad for UEFA we need 4 Club trained players in the squad. Currently we have Kane, Skipp, Tanganga and Austin (3rd GK) ....... there's a danger we will not be able to find 4 players good enough to be first team squad players if the academy revamp is left too much longer.

No reason not to buy him back, loan Gil a season, or, wait a minute here, play both! And Kulu…

————Richarlison————
Gil————Kulu———Marcus

If the oldies wanna leave, think we may be OK, given they’d bring in good £

£50m to give Sporting £25m about does it?

Think he is a star maturing.

Lol@some of the hyperbole because he can fucking dribble btw.

Star maturing? He's 24 in just over a month and is still built like a teenager. Mini Messi? Yeah, alright, whatever...not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath IMO.

Take the sell on % and move on ffs.

Lol@some of the hyperbole because he can fucking dribble btw.

Star maturing? He's 24 in just over a month and is still built like a teenager. Mini Messi? Yeah, alright, whatever...not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath IMO.

Take the sell on % and move on ffs.
no no no
you slag off the players we have in the first team squad, not the ones that we sold because they weren't good enough to make the team better

come on chap, you need to up your game here, you're an old sweat - you should know the form by now.

😀

Yeah I thought it was more Hugo's fault (positioning) than Edwards scoring a worldie. It trickles in, it's not a 25 yard thunderbolt.
trickles in? In the same way that Kane's shots "trickle in"?

If a shot goes in off the post, then fair play to the shooter. Kane trains to hit just inside the post with shots along the deck, they are the hardest for a keeper to stop.

trickles in? In the same way that Kane's shots "trickle in"?

If a shot goes in off the post, then fair play to the shooter. Kane trains to hit just inside the post with shots along the deck, they are the hardest for a keeper to stop.
I mean it wasn't really fired in with any venom. It just rolls in from a long way out. It's on target, hit well but it wasn't a goal you'd expect to concede.

I mean it wasn't really fired in with any venom. It just rolls in from a long way out. It's on target, hit well but it wasn't a goal you'd expect to concede.
The American broadcast studio crew (Thierry Henry, Clint Dempsey, Jamie Carragher and Peter Schmeichel) were not particularly impressed with Hugo's effort here.

Got in a traffic accident on his way to training today. The article on Portuguese doesn't seem to describe exactly what happened but it involved at least one more car and Edward's car flipped over on the side of the road.

No serious injuries according to the article, but he is going to be observed by Sporting staff.

Got in a traffic accident on his way to training today. The article on Portuguese doesn't seem to describe exactly what happened but it involved at least one more car and Edward's car flipped over on the side of the road.

No serious injuries according to the article, but he is going to be observed by Sporting staff.
Yeah, but how much rubbish was in his vehicle?

Back
Top Bottom