Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such a basic striker. Was laughable seeing him try and play football compared to Berba
You didn't enjoy watching him break into a stroll in the centre circle, failing to try to get to a ball three yards in front of him before clapping over his shoulder in the vague direction of the passer?

Phew, you have high standards.

That Donny Osmond looking twat in the home dugout isn’t gonna know what hit him.
Confused Donny Osmond GIF by The Masked Singer UK

The arrogance of the Woolwich fans and ther band of pundits is incredible and is out in full view in advance of this fixture. They talk like they are Man City and have just won the treble. they win there first CL game in 7 Years and are world beaters haven’t won a title for 20 Years yet arrogantly think they will win this one. I honestly believe we now have a manager who will have us ahead of them by this time next year and i cannot wait to see it
I Hope Please GIF

Issue is they turn into prime Real Madrid whenever we rock up the rancid cunts
Not really, we tend to shit our pants under the pressure. We make make them look better than they are.

I hope our youthfulness works in our favour, sometimes not knowing about something makes you fearless. The alternative is that they freeze under pressure. But the buzz from last week hopefully means they have that fearlessness spirit.

They need to trust themselves and the tactics. It's another game, yes it's NLD but as a player just simplify it and play it as you would want other. Don't make it out to be any bigger than it needs to be because that's when we tend to fall down.

This is where Postecoglou earns his head as a motivator, communicator and man manager.

The arrogance of the Woolwich fans and ther band of pundits is incredible and is out in full view in advance of this fixture. They talk like they are Man City and have just won the treble. they win there first CL game in 7 Years and are world beaters haven’t won a title for 20 Years yet arrogantly think they will win this one. I honestly believe we now have a manager who will have us ahead of them by this time next year and i cannot wait to see it

They act like they’ve been better than us for years despite last season them finishing ahead of us for the first time since Saka was in their under 12s. That’s bugged them for so long because a large majority of their fanbase grew up with them being so much better than us. They couldn’t handle it that we were doing better than them.

They may well beat us tomorrow or we might win but I am not going to go overboard on how it will contribute to our season. I just hope if we do lose, we use the defeat to help us beat Liverpool next weekend.

Looking forward to the game more so than at any point in the past 4 seasons.

We'll play as we have all season, might be open but it's a better plan than cowering and shitting your pants and losing anyway.

If you're not excited but also a little anxious about taking a risk to pursue a greater reward then what's the point of tuning in.

Tactical battles are interesting, especially 1v1s.

Maddison v Rice
Bissouma v Odegaard
Udogie v Saka
Zinchenko v Deki/Johnson

I'd go with:
Vicario
Emerson
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Sarr
Bissouma
Deki
Maddison
Johnson
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Udogie
Sarr Bissouma
Deki Maddison
Johnson Son
[/lineup]

Slight tweaks here. Play Sarr deeper next to Bissouma in a 2. Woolwich like to play on the edge of the box taking long range shots, so need the extra man there.

Expose Woolwich weakness in the FB/CB half space. Johnson missed a good 1 on 1 chance for Forest running from this space earlier this season.

Put Johnson high between Zinchenko and Gabriel. They like to play high line too so use the pace of son and Johnson to expose this. Put Son in the half space between White and Saliba.

I'd give Deki and Maddison a bit more of a floating role, this will conflict Rice as to who to pick up. They will need their other CM to help here, maybe the rapist.

I'd like Madders to pull out on the left against White, we can expose this area as I think it's a defensive weakness. Saka doesn't really track back too much that side. But it also requires Maddison to work hard defending against Saka. Shame Perisic is injured I'd have played him in this one on that side.

Set them a few problems, looks defensively weak a little from our point of view but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Can always switch it up to our normal setup if its not working.

Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr Maddison
Deki Son Johnson

It’s absolutely insane how much their fans overate them

Only came second last season due to literally 4 teams shitting the bed, have looked double average this season and they’re chatting like they’re prime Madrid

They’ll be 4th/5th this season at a push and have to reel their deluded lofty ambitions in
They've not been great. Look solid defensively but stuttering in attack.

Reminds me a bit of us at the beginning of last season. Getting results with average performances. Everyone saying, 'wait until we click'. Well, maybe they won't click. Maybe last year was an outlier and teams are sussing them out.

I want to see what happens when someone pops their early season optimism. It can be us tomorrow if we keep our heads and get a fair run from the ref/VAR.

It's going to take a massive effort and a little bit of luck......

It's the day that I look forward to for ages, but then after it, I think why the hell did I bother getting excited about it.......

Maybe not this time.......

But at the end of the day..... they could win 5 nil ... and I would still rather be Spurs.

:tobyarm:

i put a picture up yesterday thinking its says "shut up , Woolwich is going down"but it said "shut up, Woolwich going to win . i was lucky enough that a saw it and deleted it quickly . but i still feel dirty and ashamed
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Refuse to believe any Spurs fan enjoys this game or the day in general. This time round though, due to the fact we're already seeing a brand new Tottenham and the journey is only beginning, I'm not too bothered by the result on the whole.

It's really not often that the away team wins in this fixture and Woolwich are half a billion and years ahead of us in their rebuild.

Refuse to believe any Spurs fan enjoys this game or the day in general. This time round though, due to the fact we're already seeing a brand new Tottenham and the journey is only beginning, I'm not too bothered by the result on the whole.

It's really not often that the away team wins in this fixture and Woolwich are half a billion and years ahead of us in their rebuild.

I havent been so ambivalent over a game against them for years. Just want it over really, they are never enjoyable away from home. That Kaboul header feels a lifetime ago but funnily enough it was the last time we really had a team like we are now which went out there to really go at teams like them.

Can't agree with the last part of your last paragraph. I think the rebuild has been happening piecemeal for a while now and the players now have a chance to click.

Bottlers and Runners FC

Back
Top Bottom