Scum v Tottenham U21s Premier League 22nd April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

personally without trying to create arguements i think pyro looks great. but i agree with why you and can see why you wouldnt want/have it. more and more english teams using it these days tho

Not saying we don't want it, merely pointing out that it is illegal in the uk.

Yep - a fella who bought a flare to to the anti-Stratford demo we had when we blocked the high road & the away team coach (Man U?) had to be diverted got a minimum three year ban from WHL even though it was outside the ground.

BFjfIISCUAA06kp.jpg:large

BGszbshCEAEzhEM.jpg:large

Liverpool seem to have had a few this season, how do they get round it? Why don't the stewards do anything here? I don't understand it anyway.

BFjfIISCUAA06kp.jpg:large

BGszbshCEAEzhEM.jpg:large

Liverpool seem to have had a few this season, how do they get round it? Why don't the stewards do anything here? I don't understand it anyway.

simple answer is that smoke tends to shroud more than the individual, flares stand out.

As for the stewards, they've probably assumed that there are too many fans in shell suit trousers and knock off replica tops in a confined space which will always lead to spontaneous combustion due to a static spark.

Even if people were going to take pyro they wouldn't say anything on here as has already been pointed out, it's illegal. Exeter fan got jail time and 6 year ban for trying to take one in, although he appealed and got it cut down to 3 years. Not worth it for a minute or so of fun at the game.

Barnet's terraces is surrounded by CCTV cameras, if you're stupid enough to left off pyro, you will get caught.

Pyro's are ridiculous anyway. Completely alien to the English game. Check out the one at Deportivo in about 2002. Caught light to the roofing and burnt the Riazor roof down injuring fans below. Anyone trying to take one in deserves everything they get IMO.

Also - worth mentioning that the police do have dedicated staff that read football message boards and Twitter to compile "intelligence" - This sort of stuff is only going to hurt us in the long run, joking or otherwise. The police would view this in the same way as airlines view people "joking" about "bombs".

If seen a few smoke bombs in grounds whilst I've been 'ground hopping', Oxford United love a smoke bomb.

Back
Top Bottom