Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look, look armfuls of his shirt, or is it his shorts, or is it thin air???!!!?!

70ylNB3.gif

You don't need an 'armful of shirt or shorts' - just a handful (and either will do to get a yellow).

If you choose not to see the offence then I can't help you. He was skinned by Bertrand and beaten for pace.

Agreed.

However the video does.

You can choose not to see the offence.

However I see a shirt pull by a desperate defender who knows he's been caught out of position and hasn't the pace to recover.
I've seen the video replays from every angle, there isn't one that shows the offence, there isn't one that shows an offence took place!

Do you think Southampton were passive or aggressive on Sat? My answer to that was they were aggressive, I actually think they were too aggressive but the ref just let it run as they shared out their tackles across the whole team, tactical fouling at it's best......BUT they were fucking lucky not to have THREE of their players sent off for picking up two yellows in the first half alone. We as a team have to match this level of aggression, it's not what we have been doing recently and I thought aside from the first 10mins we were fantastic.

Again, football is played with an attitude, it sets the tone of a match and we have to at least match our opponents before we can assert ourselves onto the oppo. We did this so well on Sat and Aurier's yellow exemplified what this looks like when a game is played, same as when Kane got injured when tackling Delph, loads of dicks complaining how needless and "stupid" it was......what it showed is the attitude that gives us a win on the night and we carried that on with our journey to the final. IT WINS US GAMES.

City are one of the most aggressive sides you will ever watch, when they lose the ball they are not just on you like a rash they will foul you, no hesitation, no fucking about their attitude is pure aggression. Their aggression is rarely punished. Take a look at LaPorte's injury he picked up the other week, I bet many on here would say "that's stupid" but it typified how City play, he picked up that injury as he used his body to bring down the oppo to prevent them counter-attacking. But hey, it's golden boy LaPorte and it's little tippy tappy City.

You are just making up the stuff about Lamela now, prove your point.

Why are you posting all these fucking stats? Aurier has played 3 games for us this season (only played in Leicester game & less than half the game against Southampton!!!), we've won 2 of them and he's been involved in half the goals we scored in those!!! And were it not for the most ridiculous VAR offside decision we'd have won the other.

I will say this again, he's NOT the answer to our RB position, we can find better. Our issues about conceding shots on our goal come in 3 main forms 1) We dropped the high press, to a mid-block (loads of reasons why we did this) b) We lost our midfield (Dembele + Wanyama + Dier), linked to point 1 above 3) Our FB's, specifically the loss of prime Walker and Rose again linked to point 1.

Being stupid DOES NOT WIN US GAMES.

What Southampton did and what City do all the time, is smart, niggly tactical fouling is smart. Scissor kicking someone up in the air needlessly early in a game isn’t tactical, it isn’t clever, it’s fucking stupid. Especially when they have two quick wide dribblers who are going to run at you for the next 70 minutes and you are now on a card. Stupid.

The twisted logic you are spouting is bollocks, like idiots that claimed we "won" the battle of the bridge - when in fact we fucked away a two goal lead and left the whole of Stamford Bridge and Chelsea's players laughing their fucking tits off because they'd been able to rattle us and put the final nail in our title coffin. It was fucking stupid, the opposite of what City do, which is use smart fouling to WIN.

You are just making up the stuff about Lamela now, prove your point.

I don't know what you don't understand about this point. Lamela pressing and niggling is great. Lamela picking up cards for being obvious or clumsy in the challenge isn't because he then can't press, harass and tackle people in case he gets another card.

There's nothing for me to prove with this, it's just common sense.

Why are you posting all these fucking stats? Aurier has played 3 games for us this season (only played in Leicester game & less than half the game against Southampton!!!), we've won 2 of them and he's been involved in half the goals we scored in those!!! And were it not for the most ridiculous VAR offside decision we'd have won the other.

I'm not talking about Aurier here, I'm talking about how you said getting rid of Trippier will make us miles better defensively. It has not, we are coughing up more chances and crosses than ever. I told you the issues were elsewhere, they are more about Poch's tactics and having big dopey fuckwits (who also can't tackle without fouling) in midfield, wanting FB's up the pitch with a high defensive line but not fucking pressing the ball properly anywhere.

Id still rather see Aurier out there than Sanchez or Foyth, (I’d rather see KWP given a run though) but defending what he did at the weekend is bollocks.

Last edited:
That’s been given a yellow for us many a times. If a player is in front of their defender and essentially through on goal, it is going to be called as a yellow these days. Remember Wanyama’s foul last week? Stepped in front of whoever that was to stop a clear break? Yellow. Wasn’t a yellow for the body to body contact. It was a yellow cause he impeded play and more specifically an attack.

Aurier should not be grabbing jerseys when he is on a yellow. And it is clear he did get a handful. If Bertrand was our player we would want him going down too when a player is on a yellow.

Aurier is an idiot and it is time for him to stick to the locker room.

Being stupid DOES NOT WIN US GAMES.

What Southampton did and what City do all the time, is smart, niggly tactical fouling is smart. Scissor kicking someone up in the air needlessly early in a game isn’t tactical, it isn’t clever, it’s fucking stupid. Especially when they have two quick wide dribblers who are going to run at you for the next 70 minutes and you are now on a card. Stupid.

The twisted logic you are spouting is bollocks, like idiots that claimed we "won" the battle of the bridge - when in fact we fucked away a two goal lead and left the whole of Stamford Bridge and Chelsea's players laughing their fucking tits off because they'd been able to rattle us and put the final nail in our title coffin. It was fucking stupid, the opposite of what City do, which is use smart fouling to WIN.

I don't know what you don't understand about this point. Lamela pressing and niggling is great. Lamela picking up cards for being obvious or clumsy in the challenge isn't because he then can't press, harass and tackle people in case he gets another card.

There's nothing for me to prove with this, it's just common sense.

I'm not talking about Aurier here, I'm talking about how you said getting rid of Trippier will make us miles better defensively. It has not, we are coughing up more chances and crosses than ever. I told you the issues were elsewhere, they are more about Poch's tactics and having big dopey fuckwits (who also can't tackle without fouling) in midfield, wanting FB's up the pitch with a high defensive line but not fucking pressing the ball properly anywhere.

Id still rather see Aurier out there than Sanchez or Foyth, (I’d rather see KWP given a run though) but defending what he did at the weekend is bollocks.
"Being stupid doesn't win you games".............WE FUCKING WON!!!

The ref didn't book any of the Southampton players in the first half because he was inconsistent or he missed them, had he booked them I guess then you would call them "stupid" too? Your definition of "stupid" is if the ref deems it a card but not stupid if he misses it.

At the end of the first half Boufal committed TWO clear yellow offences within a matter of minutes, he didn't get a single yellow, was he stupid or just lucky? There is no fucking logic to that whatsoever.

Had Aurier done an identical tackle for his 2nd yellow as he did for his first then sure we can call it stupid, not the first tackle but the 2nd. He committed NO office for the 2nd yellow (well done Bertrand) that doesn't make his first tackle (correctly given as yellow) as "stupid.

Lamela: He STILL presses and is aggressive after he's got a yellow, prove that he isn't is what I meant, that's the point I made. There is also a case that he too has committed 2nd bookable offences but has never received one, does that make him (like Southampton players on Sat) lucky or stupid??

I've always maintained Frodo was part of the issues we had (the ones I've listed). BUT, in the games that Aurier has played this season he's already proven to be a better player than Frodo, he's defended better than him, he attacked better than him, he can do both which is perhaps the biggest difference and because he's a better technical ability on the ball than Frodo we play out from the back better and therefore we are more balanced. I'll also extend this to KWP's too but there are different issues with him that I don't want to go off on a tangent on.

"Being stupid doesn't win you games".............WE FUCKING WON!!!

You say some really daft shit. We didn’t win because of Aurier’s stupidity did we, that just put us under pressure for the last hour, we won in spite of it.

Just like Foyth’d stupidity cost us points at Bournemouth last season.

Equally daft is your maintaining that a player on a yellow - like Lamela - doesn’t then have to tread more carefully.

Southampton should have a couple of cards, but that’s the difference when you scissor someone up in the air or pull them back when they’ve done you, you make it impossible for the ref not to book you.

You say some really daft shit. We didn’t win because of Aurier’s stupidity did we, that just put us under pressure for the last hour, we won in spite of it.

Just like Foyth’d stupidity cost us points at Bournemouth last season.

Equally daft is your maintaining that a player on a yellow - like Lamela - doesn’t then have to tread more carefully.

Southampton should have a couple of cards, but that’s the difference when you scissor someone up in the air or pull them back when they’ve done you, you make it impossible for the ref not to book you.
You said being stupid doesn't win us games, but we won. Now you really can't get any more stupid than that can you!?

"Just like Foyth" Odd you make no mention of Son, why wasn't Son stupid but Foyth was, maybe because you, like many people, thought that Son didn't deserve a red card and that Lerma faked getting hurt and deliberately got Son sent off (I've no problem with this action and fully expect our boys to do the same, just like Bertrum did too).

So you don't think Lamela has been lucky not to pick up a 2nd yellow? I'd say he has, I'd say he genuinely has committed 2nd fouls that warranted the 2nd caution, this not only shows that he still presses and is aggressive when on a yellow it also shows he's lucky. BTW I wouldn't call him out if he did get a 2nd yellow, I LOVE his aggression and want to see more of it in other players we have.

Show me the pullback by Aurier. Absolutely NO ONE has been able to do this yet, odd don't you think, what with all this technology at our disposal? I mean those that are saying how stupid he was have yet to show any evidence that a foul was even committed let alone one that carried a yellow card offence. It makes no fucking different what went before, whether he went through the back of the player or stuck his thumb up his arse, he didn't commit a foul for the 2nd offence given (well done Berty Bertrand). Southampton was fucking lucky not to have their players cautioned, while Aurier was unlucky to have had the ref coned by Bertrand. Looks like Bertrand conned all those that carry an agenda towards Aurier, no doubt had this had been Sissoko he too would have been stupid, but not Sonny who was unlucky.

You said being stupid doesn't win us games, but we won. Now you really can't get any more stupid than that can you!?

"Just like Foyth" Odd you make no mention of Son, why wasn't Son stupid but Foyth was, maybe because you, like many people, thought that Son didn't deserve a red card and that Lerma faked getting hurt and deliberately got Son sent off (I've no problem with this action and fully expect our boys to do the same, just like Bertrum did too).

So you don't think Lamela has been lucky not to pick up a 2nd yellow? I'd say he has, I'd say he genuinely has committed 2nd fouls that warranted the 2nd caution, this not only shows that he still presses and is aggressive when on a yellow it also shows he's lucky. BTW I wouldn't call him out if he did get a 2nd yellow, I LOVE his aggression and want to see more of it in other players we have.

Show me the pullback by Aurier. Absolutely NO ONE has been able to do this yet, odd don't you think, what with all this technology at our disposal? I mean those that are saying how stupid he was have yet to show any evidence that a foul was even committed let alone one that carried a yellow card offence. It makes no fucking different what went before, whether he went through the back of the player or stuck his thumb up his arse, he didn't commit a foul for the 2nd offence given (well done Berty Bertrand). Southampton was fucking lucky not to have their players cautioned, while Aurier was unlucky to have had the ref coned by Bertrand. Looks like Bertrand conned all those that carry an agenda towards Aurier, no doubt had this had been Sissoko he too would have been stupid, but not Sonny who was unlucky.

Son was stupid too, but Foyth was even more stupid because we were already down to ten and he was brought on for someone on a yellow because of the risk of them getting another one.

You can see what he did, you can see where his hand was, which is why he didn’t grumble about it.

Son was stupid too, but Foyth was even more stupid because we were already down to ten and he was brought on for someone on a yellow because of the risk of them getting another one.

You can see what he did, you can see where his hand was, which is why he didn’t grumble about it.
Mate, I was sat right there, it was directly in front of me, Bertrand took a dive (not blaming him one bit for that) but it wasn't even a foul, no one has shown this in freeze-frame or replays, if you think it was, then show it, show us the evidence of this (the pics already posted actually show no foul).

Every foul it would appear is stupid then unless you're lucky not to have the ref see it.

Mate, I was sat right there, it was directly in front of me, Bertrand took a dive (not blaming him one bit for that) but it wasn't even a foul, no one has shown this in freeze-frame or replays, if you think it was, then show it, show us the evidence of this (the pics already posted actually show no foul).

Every foul it would appear is stupid then unless you're lucky not to have the ref see it.

The pictures I’ve seen show his hand going into his shirt. If he didn’t grab him why didn’t he protest his innocence ? He knew he’d fucked up.

He’s even apologised in the media for it

The pictures I’ve seen show his hand going into his shirt. If he didn’t grab him why didn’t he protest his innocence ? He knew he’d fucked up.

He’s even apologised in the media for it
Post these images then.

Again, I was sat right there just yards from it, I can categorically say it wasn't a foul. All those sat around me thought the same, nothing to do with being partizan too. I am that type of supporter, I will shout for everything to go in our favour from an offside, throw-in etc but I can also admit to when I'm lieing about it and it being genuine. It wasn't even a foul.

So had he have made a big deal about the card it would have proved that he didn't foul him and he would not have been booked and he wouldn't have been stupid? Nonsense.

My take on Aurier is that both were yellows and the ref got it right, , I can't put my life on it for the second yellow because I was at work and only saw it once live but it looked a yellow on first inspection Aurier seemed to react like the ref was right to book him as well, what I will say is that the first tackle was ridiculous and dangerous and wasn't just a yellow it was an orange likely removing any benefit of the doubt from the second offence.

I knew he'd be sent off after the first one and thought at first it could of even been a straight red but that would have been a bit harsh.

Back
Top Bottom