Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i think most could deal with Aurier being a poor crosser/passer if he was good defensively, similar to Wan Bissaka. Or if he were good at crossing/passing in general but poor defensively, ie Hakimi.

The problem with Aurier is he is bad everything, good at nothing and throws in moronic plays like rash tackles, giving away stupid corners, needlessly giving the ball away etc.

Even if you said the best we are getting from an Aurier replacement is basically the same level of play without the chaos I think i would be fine because I am so tired of watching him go out there making so many dumb, dumb plays. I am tired of being more worried about what the next dumb thing he is going to do rather than just hoping he can make a nice play.

I think giving away the corner kick was the perfect Aurier play. It was as dumb as can be, a totally needless play and frustrating as hell but because it was Aurier it wasn't all that surprising. I mean if Toby had done that we would be wondering what the hell is wrong with. We would probably be livid but with Serge as frustrating as it was it is what you get with him and for me there are far too many of those plays from him. He doesn't come close to making up for it no matter how many stats he gets it isn't enough.

Serge does a great job of taking the ball to the final third. For all of his “shit” crosses, he has a decent number of assists this season.

I agree that he makes too many boneheaded mistakes. If he focused more on attacking and had a very good CDM covering him on defense, he would be better for us.

Obviously it’s tragic but people think you have to say it on the internet for it to count.

If someone could kindly tell when it’s ok to talk about Serge Auriers footballing ability again that would be great

Not in the same breath of some seemingly half-arsed condolences would be a good start......

Well you called someone’s condolences half assed

Tbf, I didn't even understand your prev. retort.

Whatever....

You don't think "condolences.... but yeh he sucks" in the same breath is half-arsed?

Different strokes, I guess.....

Tbf, I didn't even understand your prev. retort.

Whatever....

You don't think "condolences.... but yeh he sucks" in the same breath is half-arsed?

Different strokes, I guess.....
It might be half assed but you don’t know what he said or thinks privately.
So by your own words, you have judged his sincerity because “it wasn’t heard”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom