Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if africanfootball.com is a reliable source, but they're saying his visa has now been granted.

Serge Aurier has reportedly been granted a UK visa ahead of his transfer from Paris Saint-Germain to Tottenham Hotspur.

PSG and Spurs have agreed to a €25million deal but the transfer has yet to be completed due to visa issues.

The Elephants man has been banned from entering the UK because of suspended sentence for assaulting a police officer in 2016.

However, Le Parisien reports that Aurier has now received a UK visa and is clear to enter the country.

It is expected that the right-back will arrive in London today to complete the transfer, having already passed a medical assessment in Paris.

I am worried that we're throwing all out eggs in one basket.

This is a vital signing, we've conceded down the right in two games already this season

Maybe we should have bid for him the time Walker left so we could at least move on to another target should his appeal fail. We even wait last minute on a player who is in the unique situation Aurier is in.

The only one available that's better then Walker, yeah.
Hard to believe but if so then find some one else who is on the same level of Walker.
Come on you go shopping for something for 2 months and you come empty handed must mean something.

I am worried that we're throwing all out eggs in one basket.

This is a vital signing, we've conceded down the right in two games already this season
Feels like KWP has more positional awareness than our mainstay and that Atsu guy was a tricky customer and still the kid dealt with it more composure at many times. Trippier is a decent back up but a veteran right back should have been our priority all along.

Hard to believe but if so then find some one else who is on the same level of Walker.
Come on you go shopping for something for 2 months and you come empty handed must mean something.

Hard to believe what? That he's better than Walker? Well, he is.

I imagine we were interested early on but it looked pretty certain he was off to Man Utd at one point. Maybe they pulled out and we really started pushing our interest harder.

I don't work for the club, so like you, I know fuck all.

If we miss this it'll be very spursy, similar to the Moutinho case a few years back when we had to agree with a third party on the last day to get it done...

Only one that's available.
Then go for someone else on level of Walker as this guy has history, visa problems, appeal case pending....etc.
Any way lets see if his papers will come thru in the next day or two and if the club has other plans for a worst scenario.

Back
Top Bottom