Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Discussing whether or not the comments were homophobic does not mean that we do not accept his apology and regret and are not prepared to get behind him while he wears the shirt.

If what he said was homophobic, then that's wrong and fair enough a discussion point and it has been discussed over 53 pages. But we've all said and done things that were wrong/embarrassing in the past, its part of growing up and you learn as you get older that certain words are derogatory or might upset and you learn not to use them.

Some people would say that Poch saying he'd headbutt him is wrong and is not the kind of thing a manager should be saying, but most of us have laughed it off because well..... its Poch and he's our manager.

But the same thing keeps being brought up and it's getting boring opening the thread, hoping to maybe read something positive about the guy or see a link to a vid, instead we get the same tired shit going round and round.

Genuinely thought we were past the discussion over his past, off-field antics. He fucked up, he owned it and has been granted another chance by the club and pretty much everyone else in general. Can't we move on and treat him like any other player at the club? What's needed to be said has been said and there's nothing more to it.

A proven racist cunt* who despite his undoubted prowess on the football pitch lacks the moral fibre anyone would hope for in a friend.

* sorry Mrs P but this is a shitbag of the highest order.

Agreed but what if (shudder the thought) he played for us.
Would there be folk trying to apologise for his actions??

I'd hope not but the discussion in here has led me to believe otherwise.

FUCKING DISCLAIMER
1) I am not equating Aurier to Terry before some plank has a hissy fit :)
2) I'm too tired for a cunt-off (maybe tommorrow) :)

Agreed but what if (shudder the thought) he played for us.
Would there be folk trying to apologise for his actions??

I'd hope not but the discussion in here has led me to believe otherwise.

FUCKING DISCLAIMER
1) I am not equating Aurier to Terry before some plank has a hissy fit :)
2) I'm too tired for a cunt-off (maybe tommorrow) :)

Yeah I do acknowledge there is the potential for a Lee Hughes / Ched Evens situation. The subsequent acquittal of the latter only serves to highlight the difficulties of adopting a position albeit seeking the moral high ground.

Yeah I do acknowledge there is the potential for a Lee Hughes / Ched Evens situation. The subsequent acquittal of the latter only serves to highlight the difficulties of adopting a position albeit seeking the moral high ground.

I'm actually quite worried for Aurier.
Hes a young guy. He was quoted saying that he thought it was blown out of proportion.
That was in France. Wait until our press get their claws in :(
Not exactly kind to us anyway. Now they've got a target.
I can almost see them drooling at the prospect of us playing Brighton.

Thought Poch handled the questions brilliantly though.
Completely deflected attention away from Aurier onto himself with the "headbutt" stuff.

Thank god the footballs back tommorrow!! :)

I feel, everyone on here who wants to highlight the homophobic views said by Aurier are labouring it a little and not showing an understanding or tolerance that they expect him to have, regrading his expressed comments.
Put things into perspective, hissing by Chelsea fans and antisemitic comments are far worse, because they really should know better, than some throw away comments made by a young person form a culture that has probably not developed the tolerance and understanding thats expected.

Calling some one a Faggot is only offensive if they are a faggot - am I homophobic to hold that view.

So, is the gay murdering, wife beating, child abusing, animal torturing, police assaulting, pine-apple pizza eating, foul-mouthed cunt going to be at least on the bench against Everton?

Back
Top Bottom