Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When your weird celebration and “I told ye so” period has subsided, you will come to see that at a club of Manchester United’s stature, with the financial backing he received, to win two second rate trophies whilst coming nowhere near winning your domestic league, playing eye sore inducing football dropping points to minnows week in, week out and perpetually throwing your players under a bus to mask your own failings was absolutely not acceptable, and I don’t know what planet you’re living on if you think it was.

What did Poch win?

I don't think football is top trumps, I am talking about present as well, you might not use the EL as a measure of greatness but as a supporter who hasn't seen a fucking trophy for over a decade I would be pretty happy with a EL trophy let me tell you that.

I don't think Poch could win any trophy, that's the measure I am using, he has had plenty of opportunities in his career to do so and he has failed, time and time again, that's the measuring stick I am using.

You place too much emphasis on how teams play and hardly any emphasis on what they win, thank fuck our players don't think like that, incase you haven't noticed, our best player, Harry Kane, has said he wants trophies because guess what, players don't give a shit about how a team plays, what they care about is looking back on their career and seeing winners medals, nothing else and that's what Jose does best.

No, I am afraid it isn't shared by millions, maybe in your mind it is but the reality is since we appointed Jose people are afraid of what we can accomplish, under Poch it was a running joke that we always fall at the final hurdle despite them having respect for him and enjoying the way we played football.

You can talk about resources as well but we have a far better team than United do and Jose finished 2nd and won two trophies with them.
Absolute fucking idiots.....mocking winning the EL because losing the CL is what elite managers do.
Mocking winning the Carabou because elite managers lose to 4th division oppo.

And winning the PL just four years ago (while taking an 18 month break) is seemingly “past it”

Fucking wankers

Last edited:
Absolute fucking idiots.....mocking winning the EL because losing the CL is what elite managers do.

And winning the PL just four years ago is seemingly “past it”

Fucking wankers

In the same time that Poch has been our Manager Mourinho has won four trophies, one of which was the PL and the other was the EL.

But Poch is a better manager and Mourinho is past it because of how his time at United ended LOL.

You can't make it up mate, excuses for failure over and over again, it's because we have had over a decade of failure to secure a trophy, it's created a small club mentality amongst some of our supporters who are just "grateful" to be competing.

Thankfully our board and players don't view things this way and they actually want us to start winning things and change the entire culture of the club to one where we expect to win things and are incredibly dissapointed if we don't.

That's also forgetting how United has the ghost of Ferguson hanging over it and nothing is good enough for them, he could have won the PL with them and they still wouldn't be satisfied let's face it.

sammyspurs sammyspurs I edited the post btw.

On a principle.

But just say this - is 2400 played minutes, 4 penalties caused, 2 sent-offs earned - something that goes together well with "best fullback in club" ?
I had a dream last night that he got a straight red card and gave away a penalty for a wild tackle, so you can add that to the list.

:adethumbup:

Can't remember who we were playing but they missed said penalty.

I don't think football is top trumps, I am talking about present as well, you might not use the EL as a measure of greatness but as a supporter who hasn't seen a fucking trophy for over a decade I would be pretty happy with a EL trophy let me tell you that.

I don't think Poch could win any trophy, that's the measure I am using, he has had plenty of opportunities in his career to do so and he has failed, time and time again, that's the measuring stick I am using.

You place too much emphasis on how teams play and hardly any emphasis on what they win, thank fuck our players don't think like that, incase you haven't noticed, our best player, Harry Kane, has said he wants trophies because guess what, players don't give a shit about how a team plays, what they care about is looking back on their career and seeing winners medals, nothing else and that's what Jose does best.

No, I am afraid it isn't shared by millions, maybe in your mind it is but the reality is since we appointed Jose people are afraid of what we can accomplish, under Poch it was a running joke that we always fall at the final hurdle despite them having respect for him and enjoying the way we played football.

You can talk about resources as well but we have a far better team than United do and Jose finished 2nd and won two trophies with them.
So it's better to have a manger have us finish outside of the top 4, that's to say have at least 4 clubs better than us as a demonstration of their managerial greatness. Or, have a manager that gets his team knocked out of the Champions League and drop into the Europa League, just like the greatest Europa League manager to ever exist, Emery. LOL

I want a manger that has us competing at the top end of the league and the top end of CL, if you have this then you will also be competing for domestic trophies (just as we have been). And maybe we can catch a break and play Watford, Palace, Villa, Hull, Wigan or Stoke in the final.

Jose has to have us in the top 3 and into the quarter-finals of CL, if he can then we will have a team capable of also getting into the semi-final and finals of domestic cups, just as is the case bar about 4 examples over the last 30yrs.

giphy.gif

And winning the PL just four years ago (while taking an 18 month break) is seemingly “past it”

Fucking wankers
Grow the fuck up, here we go again, making shit up. I am not mocking it, where the fuck am I mocking it?

Jose lost to Bradford! Best take him off your list of elite mangers then right?

Well, that simply is a load of utter bollocks.
Well it’s not the trophies, and it’s a complete and utter lie that this squad is poor, or he hasn’t had investment.

So where are all the critical articles about our away record? Or the fact that other than an aggressive press, Poch had nothing up his sleeve?
And that he relied too heavily on favorites even when woeful?
Or that he would bring on Llorente and instruct his team not to cross the ball?
Or that every single player he “made” he also turn into dogshit?

If he was a tosser, you wouldn’t be lauding him as heavily, and that’s my whole point.
If the personalities were reversed, but the management history identical you would be dancing around like a little girl at us getting on Jose.

Grow the fuck up, here we go again, making shit up. I am not mocking it, where the fuck am I mocking it?

Jose lost to Bradford! Best take him off your list of elite mangers then right?
Jose won the CL though a couple times, and copious amounts of titles.
SAF lost to shit. He earned the right to.

Well it’s not the trophies, and it’s a complete and utter lie that this squad is poor, or he hasn’t had investment.

So where are all the critical articles about our away record? Or the fact that other than an aggressive press, Poch had nothing up his sleeve?
And that he relied too heavily on favorites even when woeful?
Or that he would bring on Llorente and instruct his team not to cross the ball?
Or that every single player he “made” he also turn into dogshit?

If he was a tosser, you wouldn’t be lauding him as heavily, and that’s my whole point.
If the personalities were reversed, but the management history identical you would be dancing around like a little girl at us getting on Jose.
What was utter bollocks was you saying "Half the football world have completely ignored every single fault in Pochs management and decided because he seems like a nice guy that 4th = world class".

As you were.

So it's better to have a manger have us finish outside of the top 4, that's to say have at least 4 clubs better than us as a demonstration of their managerial greatness. Or, have a manager that gets his team knocked out of the Champions League and drop into the Europa League, just like the greatest Europa League manager to ever exist, Emery. LOL

I want a manger that has us competing at the top end of the league and the top end of CL, if you have this then you will also be competing for domestic trophies (just as we have been). And maybe we can catch a break and play Watford, Palace, Villa, Hull, Wigan or Stoke in the final.

Jose has to have us in the top 3 and into the quarter-finals of CL, if he can then we will have a team capable of also getting into the semi-final and finals of domestic cups, just as is the case bar about 4 examples over the last 30yrs.

giphy.gif

You claim you didn’t mock the EL and then just made that Emery comment.
Three back to back ELs. 9 trophies and in your little world Poch is better than him too.

Top trumps footy pal, good for you.
The idea of football is to win stuff.

You’d do good to remember the point of the game.
“If you don’t win anything, you have had a bad season.”

Guess who said that? Maybe you need to take a deep breath, calm down and realise that you are putting Pochettino above everything this club stands for.

Top Trumps football? Yes.....yes please.
I want “Spurs to be the best in the land not the second best”.

Do you know who said that?
Maybe you prefer to hear stuff like “winning cups are for egos”

None of these comments have anything to do with Aurier. In any case I do not think it is helpful to rubbish either our recent Manager who until this year was exceptionally good or the present Manager who has a very good record.

None of these comments have anything to do with Aurier. In any case I do not think it is helpful to rubbish either our recent Manager who until this year was exceptionally good or the present Manager who has a very good record.

Exactly. If you can’t appreciate what Poch did for us then you’re a partisan fool. If you can’t be bothered to give Mourinho the time to establish his style, then you’re a fool too. You don’t have to be anti-Poch to be pro-Mourinho.

Exactly. If you can’t appreciate what Poch did for us then you’re a partisan fool. If you can’t be bothered to give Mourinho the time to establish his style, then you’re a fool too. You don’t have to be anti-Poch to be pro-Mourinho.
Will you fuck off with all this common sense please?
:troll:

If this clown Guido thinks Mourinho passed it then he does not know what the f he is talking about. The man is a master manager and that is the reason he IS still demanding the same wage that Pep and few other top manager command. Do you know why all the papers just concentrate on Mourinho? Because there is no middle ground with him, either love him or loathe him...and also, because sex sells and Mourinho's psychology is addicted.

Back
Top Bottom