Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After our pay out he probably doesn't need to play again.

The car crash is our sales policy
We can't rip up contracts and piss on them just because a player was shit. The important thing is that Aurier is FUCKING GONE and that's very positive for Spurs.

I look at this the same way I do at all the people having a coronary now because they believe it's an unmitigated disaster that we sold Sissoko before Winks.

It's good that Sissoko and Aurier are gone. I'm not going to lose sleep tonight out of some misplaced sense of embarrassment that we paid Aurier off to get the fuck out of our club. He's gone and I'm happy for that. If this were Woolwich they would have given him a fucking contract extension, ffs.

I wasn't too happy with the way it ended with Aurier and the fact he was so open about wanting to leave etc..

But playing through the death of his brother to help his team win the NLD was one of the most special moments for Spurs. For that he has so much of my respect and I wish him the best for the next move

Wanker. Does anyone know how long Aurier had left on his contract / what we could have reasonably sold him for this transfer window if he hadn’t screwed us over?

Glad he has gone. Simply too inconsistent. The epitome of what we have been.

The writing was on the wall a long time before his car crash clearance against Burnley in 2018 or 2019.

We were at the point of going top or close to Liverpool and whilst the team should have had enough to go again, it encapsulated this bloke's lack of something.

No loss, which is the worst thing you can ever say about a player.

Wanker. Does anyone know how long Aurier had left on his contract / what we could have reasonably sold him for this transfer window if he hadn’t screwed us over?

He was contracted until June 2022 so around 10 months left.
Rumour has it that last summer we were trying to shift him for £9m so I’d expect it to be in the region of £5m this summer. I’m not sure there’s really been much talk on figures though.

That's a very bold statement.

Serge-Aurier-in-an-Woolwich-shirt.jpg

aurier.png

Probably would be a dream move for him. Actually I'd chalk him up as another Gooner glory hunter of the past 20 years and now he'd rather clean dishes than play for a dead last place Woolwich.

Why is it “murky behaviour”?

If the player wants to hold a club to an agreed contract - that’s their right.

Just like when a club wants to hold a player (Kane) who wants to leave to an agreed contract… or is not that “murky behaviour”?

What don't you understand?

The way it went as I understand it

- Aurier came out publicly and said that he wants to move on; meaning he was not committed to club and squad
- Nuno took note that player wants to leave and did not include him in his plans and games anymore
- Club and agents started to work to find him a new club and based on the available information managed to find number of decent clubs that would be interested
- Aurier rejected all of those, believing something that no one else believed- that he could and should play on higher level
- As his expectations were unrealistic, no move materialized and even though he was contracted for 1 more year, he still wanted out meaning we lost him for nothing, despite buying him for significant fee

Biggest question to me comes from first two steps.
Was it that he said that he wants to move and not to play for Spurs anymore or did he just say he would prefer to move on?
Did Nuno take a stance and said that if he is not committed, he wouldn't play or did the initiative come from himself?

Guess we will never know fully.

But his previous antics and rejecting decent clubs in a dream of PSG / other glory club does put shadow of doubt on him for me.

What don't you understand?

The way it went as I understand it

- Aurier came out publicly and said that he wants to move on; meaning he was not committed to club and squad
- Nuno took note that player wants to leave and did not include him in his plans and games anymore
- Club and agents started to work to find him a new club and based on the available information managed to find number of decent clubs that would be interested
- Aurier rejected all of those, believing something that no one else believed- that he could and should play on higher level
- As his expectations were unrealistic, no move materialized and even though he was contracted for 1 more year, he still wanted out meaning we lost him for nothing, despite buying him for significant fee

Biggest question to me comes from first two steps.
Was it that he said that he wants to move and not to play for Spurs anymore or did he just say he would prefer to move on?
Did Nuno take a stance and said that if he is not committed, he wouldn't play or did the initiative come from himself?

Guess we will never know fully.

But his previous antics and rejecting decent clubs in a dream of PSG / other glory club does put shadow of doubt on him for me.

And he'll end up at Woolwich....

I had the feeling this "See you soon *wink*" meant that he wanted to play for Woolwich.

And if that is the case, then for pretty much first time ever I hope that he will run into very mad and strong fan in some dark alley in North London...

We don't want him, so good luck to him if he goes there. He's got to do what is best for him and his family

Mental gymnastics by some for basically doing a Sol. Amazing.

If he ends up at Woolwich, he's a bigger cunt than I ever thought he was and that was already quite a substantial level of cunt.
Why? He is and always has been an Woolwich fan.

We're the stupid fucking cunts who saw fit to pay an Woolwich fan ransom money every week as he conceded constant penalties and red cards.

Why would Arteta want him? They've just signed a decent right back?
Maybe as White needs to play in back 3 they'll need extra wingbacks? If you play SA up the pitch and well away from your goal he can be decent. Got a very good cross off both feet.

But really what goes on in Dikteta's head I have no idea.

There's a decent footballer there but I can't believe he's the coach to find it.

Or maybe he's buying him for the future. Which might be very soon for MA.

Back
Top Bottom