Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luis Enrique is doing a good job, it's very much a side in transition. Rather not see Busquets there, he's very much the old guard and hasn't been great in the past two games I watched with my father-in-law.

Not convinced by Rodrigo, my FIL had some choice words for him (and Thiago actually) vs Germany recently. Trouble is there aren't any really decent centre forwards. I liked Olmo there for the U21s.

The Portugal team looks a bit long in the tooth too. They'll need to undergo the same process soon too.

Looking forward to this
The Portugal side that starts tonight doesn't look full strength to me. Watch their performance vs Croatia in September, absolutely battered them, could have scored 7 or 8. Missing from that side are Ruben Dias, B Fernandes, Felix, Jota and B Silva. Paired with Guerrero, Cancelo, Neves, Moutinho, Sanchez and Ronaldo that's one hell of a team if they click. Spain don't seem to have quite the same quality of player ages 20-26 right now.

The Portugal side that starts tonight doesn't look full strength to me. Watch their performance vs Croatia in September, absolutely battered them, could have scored 7 or 8. Missing from that side are Ruben Dias, B Fernandes, Felix, Jota and B Silva. Paired with Guerrero, Cancelo, Neves, Moutinho, Sanchez and Ronaldo that's one hell of a team if they click. Spain don't seem to have quite the same quality of player ages 20-26 right now.
True. But like I said, Spain are very much rebuilding. They've been by far the better team so far. Our lad just got booked

Subbed at half time, picked up a knock and was limping a bit. Hopefully nothing serious.
Naaaa, he was limping a bit after getting booked but carried on without problems. Sort of bumped his leg against the winger. Spain made three changes, including The Former Hairdresser. Giving a chance to other young'uns (including my man Merino) is what they're saying here

Naaaa, he was limping a bit after getting booked but carried on without problems. Sort of bumped his leg against the winger. Spain made three changes, including The Former Hairdresser. Giving a chance to other young'uns (including my man Merino) is what they're saying here
Former hairdresser ?

You can’t force someone to sign for a club
If Its the only way they sell him if a requirement is its pre agreed that the player will come back if decided by the selling club.
That's how I thought buy backs worked, all contractually decided by 3 parties before the sale.

Player agrees otherwise selling club won't sell him.

If Its the only way they sell him if a requirement is its pre agreed that the player will come back if decided by the selling club.
That's how I thought buy backs worked, all contractually decided by 3 parties before the sale.

Player agrees otherwise selling club won't sell him.

If he was adamant that he wanted to stay I doubt Real would see much incentive in bringing back an unhappy player.

If he was adamant that he wanted to stay I doubt Real would see much incentive in bringing back an unhappy player.
Most recent Morata wanted to stay at Juve, they forced him back (from memory).

Buybacks are shit and suit the selling (bigger) club only, should be banned.

If he is worth 60m and can buy for 35, they would be tempted to buyback regardless of players happyness

Most recent Morata wanted to stay at Juve, they forced him back (from memory).

Buybacks are shit and suit the selling (bigger) club only, should be banned.

If he is worth 60m and can buy for 35, they would be tempted to buyback regardless of players happyness
No. Juventus phased out Morata in his final season there. They got Mandzukic in which limited his game time. Madrid promised to give him gametime, and since it's not going well with Juventus either, he accepted to be back.

No. Juventus phased out Morata in his final season there. They got Mandzukic in which limited his game time. Madrid promised to give him gametime, and since it's not going well with Juventus either, he accepted to be back.
Still is the player required to return if the buyback is actioned, I thought so.

If its wise to is different.

Perhaps the Spanish footy fans can answer as its more common there

Back
Top Bottom