Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who cares if he was in the team of the season. He isn't of that quality anymore is he. If he put some effort in he wouldn't be this bad. No sympathy for players that don't even put the work in

If he at 22 made the La Liga team of the season and then came here and has been great to good for the majority of the season it shows that there is a lot of talent there.

A few poor games at the end of the season doesn't change the level of talent that he clearly has.

Do you really think that he doesn't put the work in? You think the own goal was due to him not putting the work in?

Again he is a very talented player on a team with very little talent, we have enough guys that need replacing that have no talent to start running out the guys with talent.

Reguilon is clearly a player you work with to improve not run out of town.

BuT hE wAs ThE bEsT LeFt-BaCk In La LiGa LaSt SeAsOn MaTe...

Yeah, and Dele Alli was among the best young players in the world 5 years ago. I'll judge on what he does in a Spurs shirt, and for the majority, he's looked hopeless at times.

Almost like less than a season and 5 seasons are a massive difference in time and the bolded part is not true at all.

If he at 22 made the La Liga team of the season and then came here and has been great to good for the majority of the season it shows that there is a lot of talent there.

A few poor games at the end of the season doesn't change the level of talent that he clearly has.

Do you really think that he doesn't put the work in? You think the own goal was due to him not putting the work in?

Again he is a very talented player on a team with very little talent, we have enough guys that need replacing that have no talent to start running out the guys with talent.

Reguilon is clearly a player you work with to improve not run out of town.
Again you are talking about the past. It's no longer relevant what he did in la Liga. Why didn't Madrid keep him then. What if they don't invoke the buy back. Says it all doesn't it.

It's not a few bad games it's been half a season. No I don't think he puts the effort in. He is a lot LOT better then this and the fact he makes such bad mistakes just shows he isn't focused and making an effort. The first goal you can explain away as one off bad luck but the second he runs into trouble and has two chances to clear. No confidence no focus.

We have too many players to sell so he gets another season

Again you are talking about the past. It's no longer relevant what he did in la Liga. Why didn't Madrid keep him then. What if they don't invoke the buy back. Says it all doesn't it.

It's not a few bad games it's been half a season. No I don't think he puts the effort in. He is a lot LOT better then this and the fact he makes such bad mistakes just shows he isn't focused and making an effort. The first goal you can explain away as one off bad luck but the second he runs into trouble and has two chances to clear. No confidence no focus.

We have too many players to sell so he gets another season

Its not the past it is this season that he has overall been very good for us. If we can't look at last season to look at the talent he showed that is silly.

If we sell him we are not getting a better player in that is for sure and not because of Levy but because they aren't many LBs out there that are better and available.

He is not at Madrid because of personal issues with Zidane and they have a quality LB.

Fair enough.

Argentine?

Argentine? No

If I was wouldn't I speak Spanish? Are their Argentinians who don't speak Spanish?

Is this all because I don't think Lo Celso and Reguilon are shit?

Are you so desperate to crap on them and ignore their talent that you have to go to ridiculous lengths like implying that the only way someone can think that they aren't pure garbage is because of nationality?

What a ridiculous idea.

Its not the past it is this season that he has overall been very good for us. If we can't look at last season to look at the talent he showed that is silly.

If we sell him we are not getting a better player in that is for sure and not because of Levy but because they aren't many LBs out there that are better and available.

He is not at Madrid because of personal issues with Zidane and they have a quality LB.

💯

I heard he got into it with Zidane’s son, so Zidane didn’t want him around.

Very disappointing how poor he's been for most of 2021 really. Reg, Dier and Aurier have all cost us points in this last 5 months.

While there are issues with him as a player, I don't think we should forget that prior to the most compressed season ever in football he went through a very long season with Sevilla, going to the Europa final. Covers lots of ground in games, tired body/tired mind and all that.

But yeah, disappointed in him all the same, has some very good attributes but has lots to sort out. Hopefully a good battle between Sess and Reg can bring the best out of one or both next season. ((could see Davies being a LCB if we play a three with wingbacks next season depending on coach))

Was absolutely horrible today, on of the worst individual performances of the season.

Not sure what's going on with him, he was brilliant to start the season and has regressed massively.

Was absolutely horrible today, on of the worst individual performances of the season.

Not sure what's going on with him, he was brilliant to start the season and has regressed massively.
Being part of a cancerous changeroom with a PE teacher as manager must be hard

Young lad. Moved from modern sunny Spain to horrible, wet, miserable, cold, dirty London in the middle of a pandemic, which means he gets to sit and home on his days off.

Not the best recipe for the mental well being of the lad.

By all accounts he was very home sick and upset to be away from family at Xmas. Mourinho was a big support to him and I imagine with the pandemic dragging on, he is feeling rather lost and his mind isn't 100% of kicking a ball around for the please of the booing fans in attendance.

Who's still worried Madrid will trigger his £40 million or whatever buy back fee??

He's making that Gilberto fella we signed years ago look solid.

Young lad. Moved from modern sunny Spain to horrible, wet, miserable, cold, dirty London in the middle of a pandemic, which means he gets to sit and home on his days off.

Not the best recipe for the mental well being of the lad.

By all accounts he was very home sick and upset to be away from family at Xmas. Mourinho was a big support to him and I imagine with the pandemic dragging on, he is feeling rather lost and his mind isn't 100% of kicking a ball around for the please of the booing fans in attendance.
Not the mental health bullshit again.

Paid vast fortunes to sit everyday in luxury, no need to go looking for anything, everything brought to him and he can still get to illegal gatherings.

His problem is simple. He's shite.

Back
Top Bottom