Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
1. If your happy with one trophy in 12 years, that great, I'm not.
It's not ideal, but let's not try to pretend we were rolling in silverware before he turned up.
2. I already said that our league positions were better under Arry, and although the Dutch idiot left us in 19th spot, we were better for a short while under him also. Yes, we are a mid table side. We are presently 7th, and likely to be lower than that by Jan 1st. If you think we will finish any higher than that this, think again.
I'll happily bet you £10 to the charity of your choice that we finish higher than 7th.
3. It's amazing how you are still defending the Portuguese moron, after the mess he has left us in.
I'm not defending AVB, but I thought at the time of his appointment up until pretty recently that he was a sensible man to employ.
4. Mate, in business you can't be a "cunt" to negotiate with, or people won't negotiate with you. It's the same in any business. SIMPLES
We've successfully negotiated with clubs to sign 15 players in the past two years. Other clubs seem fairly happy negotiating with us. No chairman allows their players to leave as soon as the first offer comes in.
5. You have given so many examples of how well he did selling our best players, personally I would prefer to keep them. For me supporting Spurs is about watching the nest players, and wining games, for you it appears to the figure on the bottom od a spread sheet. How strange, but your choice !!
Mate, they refused to play for us. You're living in a fantasy land if you think we could have held on to them. Woolwich were bullied into selling Henry. Man United were bullied into selling Cristiano Ronaldo. This stuff happens. The sales of Berbatov and Keane funded the purchases of Modric and Bale. The sales of Modric and Bale funded the purchases of Vertonghen, Lloris, Lamela and Eriksen. We don't have the financial firepower to sign world class players without buying players with potential, selling and reinvesting. We're not the kind of club that can throw £50m at a striker in his pomp and if that doesn't work out throw £30m at another one ala Chelsea or Real Madrid.
6. What fooking stadium are you talking about my friend. We are no nearer building this stadium than we were 5 years ago, apart from having a bit of derelict ground to the north of the stadium.
We are, you just don't know anything about it. Don't let that stop you spouting shit though
The fact that he tried to move us east (and he did) is something I will never forgive him for. I would never have watched Spurs ever again, and sent Levy the bill once I had had my tattoo removed.
You don't know that he did for certain, but I agree it would have been a terrible, terrible thing to have done.
Ultimately, the club is no more successful than it was when he took over.
We're much more successful in the league, we're a much more attractive prospect for players. We're a much bigger name across Europe. We've played in the quarter finals of the Champions League and were a penalty shoot out away from winning back to back League Cups a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Lewis being in charge would not prompt him to spend anymore than he already does, and wouldn't even be a good idea since he has no experience heading football clubs.

And would you leave your plush life floating around the Bahamas watching your investments make returns or go back to London to do real work again?

Agree, he's 77 years old.

We should be more concerned about what happens when he pops his clog's....

He's all over the place with his scatter gun approach to managers and then he sells all our best players as soon as they kick up any fuss. I'm getting sick of his leadership and feel we've hit a glass ceiling under him. I'm not saying go all man shity or cheatski but ffs make our top players honor their fucking contracts once in awhile and maybe they'd realise we aren't just a stepping stone.

levy has taken us from a mid table team to one challenging for top 4 without any injection of ENIC's capital...
$$$

Ah, the modern magic of the Champions League...

For a man at the head of an organisation who have only ever actually been in that competition once he's done a remarkable job of convincing his customers that they should pay through the nose to be "entertained" by also-rans slightly better than the previous also-rans.

So, we've gone from mid-table to 5th (usually) - but in doing so are constantly at the centre of sporting and political media circuses, can't retain out most entertaining players and are paying far more for the privilege.

Well fuck-a-doodle doo. The on pitch performances are one thing - but the other stuff only sits with the man at the top.

I'm all for open debate but I find this thread astonishing.
no other club has made the strides that we have without a money is no object owner.

how many if you really thought we would get anywhere near the champions league let alone winning a group back in mid 90s?

and those going on about why can't he keep players...you are clearly overlooking all the Woolwich players leaving over the years, Torres at Liverpool ect, suarez has stayed for ONE season, just like Levy made Modric. He has done a phenomenal job in doing the best for his club when it comes to losing players, when we aren't in the CL.
no way will suarez stay if they don't get it this year.

I got to agree with this also. I am not sure whether sacking AVB is right 'right now' but the crazy manager merrygoround, is costing us. What top flight manager is going to want to come to us looking at what we just did to ourselves?

7 players in. 7.

No manager in the world would have successfully integrated that many players in by December.

None of his targets were acquired. Baldini and Levy fucked him.

Can we have a list of your preferred chairmen in the league?
(Don't forget important factors like their respective hair-loss situations. :gylfi:)

I don't really think it's a decision of a fan to make.

I read somewhere that ENIC. have invested £36m during their tenure, the rest is self sustaining . We could be in a similar situation just being run as THFC & no owners.

Sadly I think £ is the priority with ENIC. It's cost us a few times I can remember, investment isn't being done .

Im starting to agree with this myself.

I always hated the idea of our club at some point being bought out by some rich foreigners like City or Chelsea. I think it ruins football, and you're practically buying the league. But one good thing, with City especially is that you hardly EVER hear anything from the owners. They keep quiet, pile in the cash and leave the management pretty much to it.

I think this is what we need now. The sleepiest of sleeping partners, letting the football be played how the manager sees fit.

Question for you. How do you rate Abramovich over the years and his decision making?

I think he's a clueless wanker who knows nothing about football who has murdered people and caused untold suffering to millions of his own and us in order to make his billions.

Next.

I don't think we have got a great squad. It's weak in depth in the goalkeeper, left back and striker areas. That's not a great squad to me, it's one with serious deficiencies.

We need to buy in all those three areas in January, and IF that upsets Danny Rose, well I'm sorry Danny, but that's life, we'll just have to buy two LBs if you're so upset you put a transfer request in, ditto with the striker and anyone unhappy there.

PS it may be Danny would be happy we got another LB in, but it doesn't seem to be the case from some of his interviews. Perhaps as long as he was kept in the loop he would be happy about it, I don't know.

I think Levy's desire to save money has cost himself money in the long run

2010/2011
we need a striker as neither Dafoe or Crouch are not good enough

Brings in VDV, Sandro, Gallas in the Summer and Pienaar in the Winter

Spurs finish 6 pnts off 4th place scoring 17 less goals.
2011/2012
bring in Adeybayor in the Summer on loan which is perfect since Adeybayor only gets motivated for a few months at a time, but by Winter his form is starting to dip.

Levy Brings in Saha and Nelson in Jan. Spurs finish one point from 3rd place and another champs league appearance.

2012/2013
Levy risks only having two strikers in Dafoe and Adeybayor. This immediately looks like a disaster. A proper center forward is need in Jan to secure champs league football. Lewis Holtby is only player signed. QPR sign Loic Remy for 8 million pounds. Spurs finish one point behind Woolwich for last champs league spot.

I don't think its too crazy to think that not spending 8 million for Remy, for example, cost Levy 25+ million in champs league money this season. (Plus cup sponsor for shirt would have probably paid more)
Well said he had to start trusting his managers. Little bit of trust in harry and different story. He then fosters a dof on avb spends the bale cash on numerous utilty midfielders. (DID WE REALLY NEED CAPOUE AND CHADLI) Fails to question why we are short at lb and upfront. His fingers areron this and no amount of sackable pastys will disguise this.
:levystare::levystare:

Read this and tell me AVB, not Levy is/was the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ger-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html

I've never called for anyone out before, not Redknapp, not Ade and I was too young to understand the Ramos situation however the man needs to go.

I'm forever grateful for what he's done for the club however his ego and over expectations have arguably cost us our two best managers in recent times.
Lewis you need to ask him to leave, or at the very least keep his head well out of the footballing side and let him handle the finances.
As for the future, who knows? Just please make it a very experienced man with proven success.

The worst part? We're turning into Chelsea. In fact Levy is seeming more and more like a tight arsed version of Abramovic.

Last edited:
Levy has Littleman syndrome. Loves being the bully, but never once had the balls to back his own convictions!
Sometimes I wish we had Joe's dosh with a Dave Whelan type character looking over us!

Daniel Levy in the near future will sign his 9th head coach in 14 seasons. He has employed 3 directors of football, a new technical director (Baldini) which of course is a DOF in disguise. He has purchased 110 football players, that's over four full squads worth, and yet has only brought THFC 1 League Cup in return. Has only qualified for
the Champions League on one occasion in 14 seasons, most likely 15 seasons, and has failed to reach a single FA Cup or European final. He has the worst trophy per season percentage of any THFC chairman since world war 2 despite being the chairman of the richest THFC of all time, with board members worth a combined 4.5 billion fortune! And yet Joe Lewis the THFC offshore tax evader, who has only been seen at White Hart Lane once in 14 seasons, continues to give him full license to fail on the pitch. Lewis is now at his 6th professional football club,
Rangers, Slavia Prague, AEK Athens, Vicenza Calcio, FC Basel and Tottenham Hotspur. The man is a football mercenary and is just waiting for the right time to cash in on THFC. Until such time Daniel Levy on a
2.5 million quid a year salary is being given full license to make THFC the laughing stock of the Premiership... LEVY, LEWIS, ENIC OUT!!!

Back
Top Bottom