Should The First Ever Female Coach In The Mens Game Be @ a PL Club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should This Experiment Take Place At The Top Tier Of Football

• Total voters
I didn't realise we had a thread on this, so I'm gonna copy and paste my post from the other manager thread here:

Another thing you would have to consider for appointing a woman manager straight from womens football is the level of womens football relative to mens. Is the Womans top division as good as Scottish league 2 mens? Let's say it is. Would we hire a manager from Scottish league 2? I don't think we would even consider it.

I reiterate that the only way I see a woman getting a good mangerial job in the mens game is to work their way up in various coaching roles in the mens game first. And I think this will happen in the future.

But to say we should appoint someone who has soley managed in the womens game is a little ridiculous, because the level isn't close. A man who manages at such a level would have to work his way up first - look at Mourinho as an example of that. Whereas a man who has played at the very top level tends to (rightly or wrongly) get a managerial start at a higher level to begin with, because of that top level experience.

I didn't realise we had a thread on this, so I'm gonna copy and paste my post from the other manager thread here:

Another thing you would have to consider for appointing a woman manager straight from womens football is the level of womens football relative to mens. Is the Womans top division as good as Scottish league 2 mens? Let's say it is. Would we hire a manager from Scottish league 2? I don't think we would even consider it.

I reiterate that the only way I see a woman getting a good mangerial job in the mens game is to work their way up in various coaching roles in the mens game first. And I think this will happen in the future.

But to say we should appoint someone who has soley managed in the womens game is a little ridiculous, because the level isn't close. A man who manages at such a level would have to work his way up first - look at Mourinho as an example of that. Whereas a man who has played at the very top level tends to (rightly or wrongly) get a managerial start at a higher level to begin with, because of that top level experience.
What about people like Lampard, Rooney and Gerard. Who get top(ish) jobs straight away?

I don't think they worked their way up (Gerrard may have done with the Liverpool youth teams).

What about people like Lampard, Rooney and Gerard. Who get top(ish) jobs straight away?

I don't think they worked their way up (Gerrard may have done with the Liverpool youth teams).

Lampard - Derby
Rooney - Derby
Gerrard - Rangers

None are anywhere near PL level.
Lampard has set his career back years by jumping to high too soon

The coaching badges and licenses and whatnot deal with part of this issue, giving people working in the professional game some baseline degree of common understanding. (Do women's PL coaches have/need the same coaching badges as the men? That would be a smart and justifiable wall to break down if not)

But then the other thing is that players like that have a great amount of experience of the inner workings of the elite level professional game. They understand and have shown they can operate inside that culture, and people inside that world will know about them as people in a way the public at large doesn't.

That's not fair of course, but such is life.

The best person to manage a top flight male football team is a man, born with a cock and bollocks.
When you have money to pay for the best person then yes, that’s correct. We don’t hence we need to think creatively and look in the seventh or eighth tier of management in the hope we find a rough diamond

The best person to manage a top flight male football team is a man, born with a cock and bollocks.
Well, I'm sure that people used to, and some people probably do still, say that about running banks, driving cars and anything else, but I'm sure it's not entirely true.

Sure, it's probably more difficult for a woman, and there would be challenges not associated with a man doing the job but nothing that can't be sorted surely

Oh yeah, a sexist for being real about a woman coming straight in to top flight football at this point.

I've not said anything about capability, it's about suitability and Tottenham Hotspur now, so give over John. You're in the vast fucking minority about this.

Don't fucking call me any of those ever again, or stick me on ignore you grumpy git.

Back
Top Bottom